Author Topic: Favorite games you played this year  (Read 2463 times)

Favorite games you played this year
« on: December 25, 2011, 08:50:56 pm »
I must say I enjoyed a lot of the games I've played this year and I think my favorites are going to be Bioshock,Borderlands,Zelda Skyward Sword and Silent Hill Homecoming.
I heard a lot of bad stuff about that Silent Hill but I'm personally enjoying my time with it.
What are some of your guys favorite games, old or new, that you played this year and why?

madmax

Re: Favorite games you played this year
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 10:38:11 pm »
Skyrim followed by Starcraft 2

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 10:41:53 pm »
i playd three games this year

LittleBigPlanet 1 vary good game
LittleBigPlanet 2 good game but not as good as the first
The Black Mirror 3  the end to the series and its not bad at all

scott

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:25:15 am »
I'd say that my favorite game that I played this year has to be Skyrim. The amount of freedom in that game is beyond compare. I played that game more than anything else, causing an increase in my already large backlog...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:00:29 am »
i playd three games this year

LittleBigPlanet 1 vary good game

I really like LittleBigPlanet, Alex got it for me on my birthday with a controller and I sunk in quite a bit of time into it :)

I'd say that my favorite game that I played this year has to be Skyrim. The amount of freedom in that game is beyond compare. I played that game more than anything else, causing an increase in my already large backlog...

Skyrim is probably the game that has eaten the most of my time, closely followed by Starcraft 2. A buddy of mine is really good and he had been trying to get me to buy it for a while. When it went on sale I had no excuse not to get it. I played 230+ ladder games in about 3 weeks. The whole esports culture is fascinating. I knew there was a lot behind the game but I didn't know it was this much.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:24:17 am »
Skyward Sword (no shit), Kirby, Super Mario 3D Land, Bulletstorm, Sonic Generations, Ghost Trick... maybe a couple others. There were quite a few really good games out this year but these are the ones I've enjoyed the most (still waiting for Otomedius but that may make the list too).

psydswipe

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:05:36 am »
I finished more than 20 games this year but they weren't all good. I'd say my favorites were Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim. A few other good ones were Batman: Arkham City, Portal 2, and LA Noire. It seems so long ago but I did finish Fallout: New Vegas this year even though it was out last year. I had to wait on a patch for that one.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:50:40 am »
Ghost Trick...

Ghost Trick was a really lovely surprise for me.  Had no idea what to expect when I Gamefly'd it.  Totally had me hooked 'till the end.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:58:44 am »
Ghost Trick...

Ghost Trick was a really lovely surprise for me.  Had no idea what to expect when I Gamefly'd it.  Totally had me hooked 'till the end.

Totally. Missile is by far the best character in gaming this year (and I'm saying this with all honesty) :P

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. I know it came out last November but I got it for Christmas last year, so I played it in 2011.  Fantastic game and definitely one I took away some mental exercises from.

That being said, a lot of time was spent with Layton (and more specifically, London Life) as well as Portal 2. (Cave Johnson would be my vote for best new character in gaming...)

And with the last few weeks, definitely SWTOR.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

madmax

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 11:13:26 pm »

And with the last few weeks, definitely SWTOR.

I beta tested swtor 3 times and every time I felt like I was playing wow with lightsabers. I think it's one of my biggest disappointments of the year

amauriel

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 11:30:13 pm »
I beta tested swtor 3 times and every time I felt like I was playing wow with lightsabers. I think it's one of my biggest disappointments of the year

And see, I feel like I'm playing KOTOR that other people are playing simultaneously. And because the story is so varied for the classes, it really feels like KOTOR 3 - 10 to me. Even if I only play it for a short time and just through the leveling, I'll still feel like it's a solid game.  

Also, I don't mind WoW.

"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 09:31:38 am »
I've played wow for years, I can totally see the similarities between the two. Though I also see amauriel's point too, it totally feels like a new KOTOR game, even though the gameplay is a bit different from what I remember in KOTOR. I'm really digging the game so far, and it's pretty solid. I've noticed quite a few graphical issues though and the game chugs if I have shadows turned on.

At one point, I went to speak with the Jedi Counsel and the leader was no where to be seen, but she was talking. Then they focused the camera on her and she was the size of a halfling.... ha.

@amauriel which server are you on? me, my cousin and one of his friends are on Darth Bandon, Republic side.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »
I'd have to say Dark Souls has been my favorite gaming experience this year. I've enjoyed Skyrim but I was really impressed with Dark Souls.

matt

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »
I think for overall enjoyment this year I'd have to go with Portal 2. It was really the perfect game in terms of story, graphics, gameplay and so on. It really had it all and was an absolute blast to play.