Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 229478 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1605 on: March 08, 2018, 02:01:18 pm »
Updated! We'll return to a more normal schedule eventually. ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #1606 on: March 16, 2018, 10:19:24 am »
I'm getting real damn sick of steel book editions. I hope I can get a standard edition when I reserve Shining Resonance.

azure

« Reply #1607 on: March 17, 2018, 05:53:11 pm »
I'm getting real damn sick of steel book editions. I hope I can get a standard edition when I reserve Shining Resonance.

It's just the launch edition Kash, all first release copies will come with it as a bonus. You don't have to use it, it's just an addition with the first release. I usually don't display them, and getting a little annoyed at how most CE come with the steelbook, but no regular game case :/

desocietas

« Reply #1608 on: March 18, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »
Just a slip case, right? Doesn't look like an actual steelbook.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1609 on: March 19, 2018, 10:03:20 am »
Yep. I took a closer look at the pre-order on Amazon. All versions (PS4, Xbone, Switch) will have a metal slip case. Even better, you can just order the standard edition instead of the "Draconic Launch."

argyle

« Reply #1610 on: April 02, 2018, 09:36:58 am »
It's just the launch edition Kash, all first release copies will come with it as a bonus. You don't have to use it, it's just an addition with the first release. I usually don't display them, and getting a little annoyed at how most CE come with the steelbook, but no regular game case :/

I love Steelbooks but I agree that I wish they would all come w/ the standard case as well, since I don't ever use them but rather bag & display them on a shelf to keep from getting them scratched. I currently have several "blank" cases on my games shelf where I don't have the normal case to games that only came w/ the SB. I know I could print out a cover, but that looks tacky IMO.

Happily, the Ni no Kuni 2 King's Edition came w/ both.  ;D

Also, gonna try to knock out an update today. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

« Reply #1611 on: April 03, 2018, 04:38:30 pm »
Updated!

After consulting the ancient texts and lots of deep meditation, I decided to add the Sega Genesis Collection to the list because it does contain JRPGs.  :P

argyle

« Reply #1612 on: April 18, 2018, 06:28:06 pm »
Updated!

Since the Play-Asia exclusives thread rarely gets updated I thought I'd just mention it here - Dimension Drive, which was just added to the list, is getting an exclusive physical limited edition through PA. Preorders go up tomorrow (4/19) at 10:00 CST. Only 2,000 copies available. Also, they just announced that standard shipping is now free for all of their exclusive releases which they've now dubbed "Play". Remember to use coupon code "gematsu" to save $3 off of $20 or more if you decide to order it. ;)   

desocietas

« Reply #1613 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »
Just a heads up in case anyone's interested, but VGP announced that they'll be restocking their PS3 copies of Yakuza 3! I'm happy to hear it since it's getting difficult to find again.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1614 on: April 19, 2018, 01:03:14 am »
Just a heads up in case anyone's interested, but VGP announced that they'll be restocking their PS3 copies of Yakuza 3! I'm happy to hear it since it's getting difficult to find again.
Ugh, and after I gave up and bought a copy missing the manual.

desocietas

« Reply #1615 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:01 am »
Ugh, and after I gave up and bought a copy missing the manual.

Yeah... I thought of you :/ you could try selling that one before the vgp ones go on sale...?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1616 on: April 19, 2018, 09:31:31 am »
I keep hoping Sega will port the 3 main PS3 Yakuzas (3, 4 & 5) over to the PS4 so the entire main series would be on one system. Probably a pipe dream tho.

azure

« Reply #1617 on: April 19, 2018, 10:21:27 am »
I keep hoping Sega will port the 3 main PS3 Yakuzas (3, 4 & 5) over to the PS4 so the entire main series would be on one system. Probably a pipe dream tho.
It would be easier and faster so all the new fans who don't have a PS3 could close the gap from 6. I just hope if it does happen they put all the cut content from the NA release of 3 back in.
At the same time though, 3-5 getting the Kiwami treatment would be great too.

desocietas

« Reply #1618 on: April 19, 2018, 04:00:58 pm »
It would be easier and faster so all the new fans who don't have a PS3 could close the gap from 6. I just hope if it does happen they put all the cut content from the NA release of 3 back in.
At the same time though, 3-5 getting the Kiwami treatment would be great too.

Yeah, I bought 2 from VGP when they first had a restock just in case they didn't do a western released Kiwami of 2. I feel like I should get 3 just in case, but with the acclaim they've been getting for the PS4 releases, I'm torn on whether to wait it out or not.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1619 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »
NISA announced this morning that they are re-releasing Disgaea 1 for the PS4 and that Nintendo thing. https://store.nisamerica.com/disgaea-1-complete-rosen-queens-finest-edition-ps4

Seeing that makes me miss my buddy.