Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226705 times)

karyann

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #765 on: September 17, 2015, 06:37:44 pm »
First Tearaway, now this. :-\ Oh well, the Vita was pretty much dead to Sony already in NA anyways. :'(

Wait, Tearaway Unfolded isn't a new game? I thought it was, now I'm kinda disappointed that I got it straight on release...

I'm very sad about Sony and their lack of support for the Vita too.   :( It's seriously a great system and I personally love it so much more than the PSP. It's kind of a niche system now  :-\

abe

« Reply #766 on: September 17, 2015, 06:58:32 pm »
First Tearaway, now this. :-\ Oh well, the Vita was pretty much dead to Sony already in NA anyways. :'(
Wait, Tearaway Unfolded isn't a new game? I thought it was, now I'm kinda disappointed that I got it straight on release...

It's got some new content, but it's still a remake of the Vita version.

I'm very sad about Sony and their lack of support for the Vita too.   :( It's seriously a great system and I personally love it so much more than the PSP. It's kind of a niche system now  :-\

It is unfortunate. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #767 on: September 17, 2015, 07:14:17 pm »

It's got some new content, but it's still a remake of the Vita version.

Ah, I didn't know that either. I just assumed it was the sequel and was planning on getting both the original and the "new" one.  If anything, I wish the edition with the plushie came out in the US... It was so cute!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #768 on: September 25, 2015, 09:25:36 pm »
Mighty No. 9 has a release date again. February 9th, 2016 for North America and few days later on the 12th for Europe. Hopefully it won't get delayed again. :-\

soera

« Reply #769 on: September 29, 2015, 01:53:46 am »
Anyone happen to pre-order an extra Disgaea 5 NISA limited edition?

davifus

« Reply #770 on: September 29, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

Nope, sorry.   :(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #771 on: September 29, 2015, 08:35:18 pm »

Nope, sorry.   :(

Yeah, sorry, not for this one :/ I'll keep an eye out in case GameStop starts selling them again or has any available.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #772 on: October 05, 2015, 02:21:18 am »
Is there any way to know the window of "launch edition" niche games when fulfilled through Amazon? At what point does it start becoming just the game?

karyann

« Reply #773 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »
Is there any way to know the window of "launch edition" niche games when fulfilled through Amazon? At what point does it start becoming just the game?

I think it depends on their stocks, and I don't think they change the page information quickly to reflect their true stock information, so it may be tricky.  :-\ At least, I once ordered something that ended up being a newer edition than what was shown, so they hadn't updated the item in a while.

Warmsignal

« Reply #774 on: October 08, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »
Is Corpse Party Everafter Edition is a special edition? Or, is it a launch edition? I see no option to pre-order the stand alone game. My feeling is if you don't pre-order, your local GS store probably won't get the game at all.

abe

« Reply #775 on: October 09, 2015, 08:53:01 am »
Is Corpse Party Everafter Edition is a special edition? Or, is it a launch edition? I see no option to pre-order the stand alone game. My feeling is if you don't pre-order, your local GS store probably won't get the game at all.

From what I understand it's the only way you can get a physical copy in North America, like the "Let's Get Physical" edition of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus that came out last year.

davifus

« Reply #776 on: October 13, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »
The Witch And The Hundred Knight: Revival Edition coming out March 1st.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #777 on: October 13, 2015, 04:38:53 pm »
The Witch And The Hundred Knight: Revival Edition coming out March 1st.

It looks like a nice set, but didn't this game receive fairly mediocre reviews? I almost bit when it first released, but the gameplay and such looked pretty lacking from what I saw.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #778 on: October 13, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »
OK, finally updated the OP with everything everyone has mentioned here. :) Let me know if I missed anything!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #779 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:40 am »

Just pre-ordered! One more item on my hopeful list now coming. :)