Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228444 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #810 on: November 19, 2015, 04:39:01 pm »
Ray Gigant (PS Vita) was announced for localization for North America this spring. I was surprised and excited, but then I read that it's going to be a digital-only release over here. :-\

Earth Defense Force 4.1 (PS4) and 2 (PS Vita) now have North American release dates of December 8th.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #811 on: November 25, 2015, 12:09:49 pm »
Just finished a BIG updated - I think I got everything! If not, let me know. :)

Also, a question - am I understanding correctly that the NISA LE of Atelier Escha & Logy Plus is the only way to get a physical version of the game?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #812 on: November 25, 2015, 01:15:34 pm »

Also, a question - am I understanding correctly that the NISA LE of Atelier Escha & Logy Plus is the only way to get a physical version of the game?

Hm, that's a good question. As far as I can tell, it looks like it. I was thinking of skipping the plus version, but if it's the only physical version of the game at all... (which makes sense, considering that many of the other plus versions were digital only).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #813 on: November 25, 2015, 01:28:39 pm »

Thanks for the update. :)

In English, yes. Similarly to Ar nosurge Plus, this will be the only way to get a physical copy in NA.

soera

« Reply #814 on: November 25, 2015, 02:12:30 pm »
Nice update but I do have a question ... as far as the Fire Emblem special edition, I had initially heard that you get Revelations as a cartridge only with this version.

Ahhh just checked the Gamestop description page :

Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition Includes:

All Three Versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation*) on a Single Cartrige**
        *Allows purchasers to play Revelations three weeks prior to launch on eshop
        **Only way to get all Three Versions on a Single Cartridge
    Hardcover Art Book
    Nintendo 3DS XL Carrying Pouch featuring Game Art

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:17:26 pm by soera »

desocietas

« Reply #815 on: November 25, 2015, 04:02:50 pm »
Nice update but I do have a question ... as far as the Fire Emblem special edition, I had initially heard that you get Revelations as a cartridge only with this version.

All Three Versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation*) on a Single Cartrige**
    Hardcover Art Book

Yeah, a little awkward because buying Birthright and Conquest separately would give you two distinct carts... What's a physical collector supposed to do  :-[
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #816 on: November 25, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »

Hardcover Art Book

I've heard both, that Revelations is on the cart and that it's a download. So that's why I left it kinda ambiguous.

Is there enough added to the Plus version of AE&L to justify it if I already have the PS3 version?
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #817 on: November 25, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »
Is there enough added to the Plus version of AE&L to justify it if I already have the PS3 version?

According to Turom, probably not. http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6357.msg102746.html#msg102746

argyle

« Reply #818 on: November 26, 2015, 02:18:40 pm »

According to Turom, probably not. http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6357.msg102746.html#msg102746

Awesome, thanks. :)  Looks like I can save that money. That's good, I wanna be tighter about what I buy next year, especially day-1 full price.

desocietas

« Reply #819 on: December 03, 2015, 03:03:07 pm »
Trails of Cold Steel has been confirmed for a launch date of 12/22 :) Looking forward to seeing that Lionheart Edition in person
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #820 on: December 03, 2015, 04:00:46 pm »
Trails of Cold Steel has been confirmed for a launch date of 12/22 :) Looking forward to seeing that Lionheart Edition in person

Thanks, updated! :)

argyle

« Reply #821 on: December 07, 2015, 05:40:21 pm »
Updated w/ a bunch of announcements from the PS Experience over the weekend.

« Reply #822 on: December 15, 2015, 07:30:30 am »
It's been out in Europe for a while; I'm hoping it drops a bit in price in the next couple months so I can pick up both versions. I'm still really gutted that Trails in the Sky didn't get a physical release  :(

karyann

« Reply #823 on: December 15, 2015, 06:06:01 pm »
Every time I come back to this thread I cry while thinking about my wallet  :'( I have such a love-cry relationship with it.

Thanks much for keeping up with the updates guys, you're a huge help  :)

maximo310

« Reply #824 on: December 15, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »
It's been out in Europe for a while; I'm hoping it drops a bit in price in the next couple months so I can pick up both versions. I'm still really gutted that Trails in the Sky didn't get a physical release  :(
Doesn't Trails in the Sky have a EU physical release for the PSP like this?:   http://vgcollect.com/item/68907   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:11:25 pm by maximo310 »