Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226713 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #855 on: February 04, 2016, 04:28:43 pm »
Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale had its release date announced: March 1

Did anyone play the 1st one? I'm wondering if I should pick it up for the PSP.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #856 on: February 05, 2016, 12:09:23 pm »
New update (finally!)!!!  ;D

Added everything I saw mentioned, but let me know if I missed anything. Also, everything I saw about God Eater makes it look like the two games are in one package - but nothing is clear about it at all. So I have it listed as one item now, but that may very well change.

There are some really good looking CE's coming for some games I've really been anticipating - a good or bad combination, depending on how you look at it.  I've recently put down preorders for:

Republique Contraband Ed.
Stranger of Sword City LE
Grand Kingdom Grand Edition
Street Fighter V CE

At least they're somewhat spaced out!  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #857 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:39 pm »
Added everything I saw mentioned, but let me know if I missed anything. Also, everything I saw about God Eater makes it look like the two games are in one package - but nothing is clear about it at all. So I have it listed as one item now, but that may very well change.

They were separate releases in Japan, so it's probably safe to assume they will be here as well even if they do release on the same day.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #858 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:56 pm »

There are some really good looking CE's coming for some games I've really been anticipating - a good or bad combination, depending on how you look at it.  I've recently put down preorders for:

Street Fighter V CE

Thanks for all your work!  This is one of my favorite threads  ;D  The only thing I noticed was that Gravity Rush and Digimon Cybersleuth are already released (I think they came out earlier this week?) so they can be moved onto the already released site. 
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #859 on: February 05, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale had its release date announced: March 1

It's not very good, which is a shame because it looks damn cute and charming. Battles are slow and are too random. The loading times take too long. It's one of those instances when a good movie gets caught in a bad game.

desocietas

« Reply #860 on: February 05, 2016, 12:59:50 pm »

It's not very good, which is a shame because it looks damn cute and charming. Battles are slow and are too random. The loading times take too long. It's one of those instances when a good movie gets caught in a bad game.

Ah, thank you! Yeah, the reviews were pretty lukewarm from what I saw, but sometimes I can still enjoy a game that others didn't care for. But the criticisms about the battles would probably frustrate me for sure.  I'll keep an eye out for how the Return to PopoloCrois fares. It's so cute, I'm definitely intrigued.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #861 on: February 08, 2016, 01:25:55 am »
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault has been announced to release on March 15, 2016 on PS3, PS4 & Vita.
It's being described as a tower defense game with a visual novel like story.

desocietas

« Reply #862 on: February 08, 2016, 01:54:47 pm »
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is an enhanced and expanded update of Shiren The Wanderer 5, due out July 26th...
available for both physical and digital release for PS Vita.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/08/shiren-the-wanderer-launches-july-26th-on-ps-vita/

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:24:55 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #863 on: February 08, 2016, 04:02:27 pm »

Street Fighter V CE

Thanks for all your work!  This is one of my favorite threads  ;D  The only thing I noticed was that Gravity Rush and Digimon Cybersleuth are already released (I think they came out earlier this week?) so they can be moved onto the already released site.

Ya, I decided to leave released games on the list until the following Tues, just in case anyone wants to see what just released that week. Gonna try to do updates once a week on Tues, we'll see how that goes. :P  Thanks for the help guys!
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

« Reply #864 on: February 10, 2016, 02:50:26 pm »
Updated! I also updated the archive website yesterday, and divided the list into years in the process.

argyle

« Reply #865 on: February 17, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
Moved last week's new releases to the archive, but otherwise I haven't seen any new announcements.

soera

abe

« Reply #867 on: February 22, 2016, 12:58:00 pm »
The visual novel Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is being localized for a North American and European release by NIS America for Fall 2016. Only the PS4 and Vita versions will be localized, no Xbone version. Both the PS4 and Vita versions will receive a physical release. :D There will also be a PC version distributed through Steam.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/psycho-pass-mandatory-happiness-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-pc-this-fall

soera

« Reply #868 on: February 22, 2016, 03:35:15 pm »
Sounds like I have another NISA LE pre-order incoming. :)

abe

« Reply #869 on: February 23, 2016, 09:33:35 am »
A couple more minor things from NISA's press event.

They'll be bringing Genso Rondo of the Touhou Project to the PS4 in NA and EU some time this summer. Digital only unfortunately.

They've also teased a localization of Criminal Girls 2 for the Vita, though there have been no official announcements yet. More info will likely be revealed in the next couple weeks.