Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226581 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #870 on: February 23, 2016, 09:50:26 am »
Ah hell, they're handling Criminal Girls 2? I hope they don't censor it to high heaven like they did with the first game.

That's cool news about Psycho Pass; I really enjoyed what I've seen of the anime.

abe

« Reply #871 on: February 23, 2016, 10:11:58 am »
Ah hell, they're handling Criminal Girls 2? I hope they don't censor it to high heaven like they did with the first game.

With all the complaints from fans about Invitation's localization, things might be different this time around. Maybe not though. Too bad Xseed isn't handling the localization.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #872 on: February 23, 2016, 10:32:26 am »

With all the complaints from fans about Invitation's localization, things might be different this time around. Maybe not though. Too bad Xseed isn't handling the localization.

The funny thing is that they made the game look even more perverse than the original with their ridiculous censorship. This will be another one of those "I'm cautiously optimistic" games.

abe

« Reply #873 on: February 23, 2016, 12:27:29 pm »
Forgot another announcement. :o

NISA also announced their localization of Yomawari: Night Alone for the PS Vita in NA and EU some time later this year. I haven't been able to find if it's going to be digital only, hopefully they'll at least give it a limited physical release like they did with Hotaru no Nikki last year.

Here be the trailer:

argyle

« Reply #874 on: February 23, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »
Updated! :D

Added the new ones mentioned here, updated 7th Dragon to indicate the limited launch edition and put the new trailer up for Grand Kingdom:

I'm *really* looking forward to that one! ;)

Question - I'm not really up on visual novels. Is Danganronpa considered one? Just trying to figure out how Psych-Pass will play.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #875 on: February 23, 2016, 04:49:39 pm »
Question - I'm not really up on visual novels. Is Danganronpa considered one? Just trying to figure out how Psych-Pass will play.

From what I've seen, Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness looks to be closer to a more traditional visual novel, like Clannad or Steins;Gate, rather than something like Danganronpa, or the Ace Attorney series. There's more reading and less interaction, with the occasional response of some kind that will determine what ending you yet.

desocietas

« Reply #876 on: February 23, 2016, 07:42:51 pm »

Yeah, Danganronpa is considered one but it really does play more like the Ace Attorney games.  Psycho Pass seems interesting - I'm curious how it'll play, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #877 on: February 24, 2016, 03:11:37 pm »

From what I've seen, Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness looks to be closer to a more traditional visual novel, like Clannad or Steins;Gate, rather than something like Danganronpa, or the Ace Attorney series. There's more reading and less interaction, with the occasional response of some kind that will determine what ending you yet.

Ah, well if that's the case I guess I can cross that one off my list. I like a *little* more gameplay than that.

I'm really interested in Yomawari anyway, and it looks like it will probably come out around the same time. Hoping for a physical release of that one!
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #878 on: February 25, 2016, 02:17:42 pm »
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/trillion-god-of-destruction-limited-edition/

Trillion: God of Destruction limited edition, exclusive to the Iffy Online Store. Preorders open March 8 (both NA & EU).

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #879 on: February 29, 2016, 07:14:09 am »
Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale had its release date announced: March 1

Did anyone play the 1st one? I'm wondering if I should pick it up for the PSP.
I gather this one is very different than the first one; with it being more of a Harvest Moon clone than a regular RPG.

I own and played the first one. It's a fairly traditional RPG; it's decent, nothing to write home about but if you'v ran out of RPGs to play, you could do worse.

Sadly this isn't coming to Europe, at least not currently. Gah the 3DS being region locked is ridiculous.....

« Reply #880 on: February 29, 2016, 07:15:20 am »
The visual novel Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is being localized for a North American and European release by NIS America for Fall 2016. Only the PS4 and Vita versions will be localized, no Xbone version. Both the PS4 and Vita versions will receive a physical release. :D There will also be a PC version distributed through Steam.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/psycho-pass-mandatory-happiness-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-pc-this-fall
Awesome :D

I loved the anime.

abe

« Reply #881 on: March 03, 2016, 05:49:47 pm »
Some new info from today's Nintendo Direct. Mostly localization announcements, not too many solid release dates aside from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

-Most interestingly (to me), the SMT X Fire Emblem crossover game on the WiiU now has an official name for NA, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and is set for a June 24th release. The game will retain its original Japanese voicing! ;D ;D ;D

-Dragon Quest VII's 3DS enhanced port/remake thingie is now planned for a slightly later vague release date of "later in 2016", rather than the original vague release date of summer 2016.

-Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (3DS) is now planned for a summer 2016 release. It would appear that like the original, it will be eShop exclusive. :(

-Monster Hunter Generations (previously known as Monster Hunter X in Japan) will see a North American release on the 3DS this summer 2016.

-Rhythm Heaven Megamix (previously known as Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ in Japan) has been announced for a North American release on the 3DS some time later this year.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:03:40 pm by abe »

abe

« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2016, 10:15:54 pm »
Star Ocean V got its first English trailer. The hype intensifies. ;D The English voices are actually pretty good :o. Even though I usually prefer the original Japanese audio, I'd be fine with playing through the game like this if I had no other option.

kashell

« Reply #883 on: March 07, 2016, 08:38:36 am »
Thanks for posting that trailer; I kept on forgetting to watch it.

I have a feeling this will arrive in late 2016. *sigh* Ah well, good things are worth the wait.

argyle

« Reply #884 on: March 08, 2016, 04:30:16 pm »
Missed a week, but we're all updated now! :D

I'm really looking forward to SO as well, even tho I've never truly enjoyed a game from the series yet. I know Tri-Ace can make a good game tho, so I keep hoping the next one will be the one that grabs me. ;)

Picked up a 'Bone last week because it finally had enough exclusives to justify it for me. I put down a preorder for the import of Stranger of Sword City for it because I hear the Japanese version will include the full English localization. I almost always prefer my RPGs on a console.