Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226626 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2016, 12:25:00 pm »

Both the PS4 and PS Vita versions of Fallen Legion are expected to release for North America and Europe in Summer 2016.

Happy to see more stuff come for the Vita.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2016, 04:52:50 pm »
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd officially announced, planned for release in 2017! Only for PC so far...  :-\

Also The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II for PlayStation 3, PlayStation VITA with release of Fall 2016:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:00:59 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #887 on: March 14, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »
I Am Setsuna is headed to the West on the PS4 and Steam. This looks like a great RPG! I'm super excited.

http://apptrigger.com/2016/03/14/i-am-setsuna-coming-this-summer-to-the-west/

soera

« Reply #888 on: March 14, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »
I saw that this morning. I noticed it only said PS4 and steam which, sadly, could mean digital only. I hope not.

« Reply #889 on: March 15, 2016, 06:50:26 pm »
I saw that this morning. I noticed it only said PS4 and steam which, sadly, could mean digital only. I hope not.
I'd imagine the physical version for the PS4 will come west; they know how big Chrono Trigger is and obviously it's a nod to that. Shame the Vita version isn't coming over at all.

kashell

« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2016, 01:35:00 pm »
I think it's because they know that the Vita is essentially dead in the water here in the states. It is a shame; I love the Vita and think this game would have been perfect for it. Still, I'm pretty stoked about this title. Folks keep saying it's a spiritual successor to Chrono Trigger, when actually it's a spiritual successor to a bunch of RPGs of yesteryear. I recall a developer saying that Chrono Trigger was one that inspired him the most.

abe

« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2016, 03:16:22 pm »
Don't lose hope! :) Square Enix has said that there's still a possibility that the Vita version might get localized if people bug them about it enough. Probably would still be digital only tho.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #892 on: March 16, 2016, 03:32:18 pm »
Don't lose hope! :) Square Enix has said that there's still a possibility that the Vita version might get localized if people bug them about it enough. Probably would still be digital only tho.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand

That's wonderful. I'd still prefer a physical copy, so I would go with the PS4. But, hey, if it means that the Vita gets more love then I'm all for it.

argyle

« Reply #893 on: March 17, 2016, 12:04:23 pm »
List updated! Biggest news I saw that hasn't already been mentioned in the thread is the official release date for Zero Time Dilemma - June 28. Also the first trailer is out:

Be warned, I watched a few seconds of it and it looks spoiler-riffic.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #894 on: March 18, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
Atelier Sophie is headed to America!! It arrives on June 7th; one day after my birthday!

abe

« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2016, 09:45:14 am »
Atelier Sophie is headed to North America, because 'Murica isn't the only country on the continent even if we occasionally forget it isn't. :-[

FTFY ;) <3

The preorders for the limited edition are available now too: https://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-sophie-limited-edition

kashell

« Reply #896 on: March 18, 2016, 09:50:31 am »
I'm not sure what FTFY means, but thanks for pointing that out. Here I am fighting for equality and I forget our lovely neighbors to the north and the spicy ones in the south.

Yes, Atelier Sophie is headed to North America. I just finished placing my pre-order.

This is what happens when you don't get your coffee in your system before checking the news.

abe

« Reply #897 on: March 18, 2016, 10:00:05 am »
I'm not sure what FTFY means, but thanks for pointing that out. Here I am fighting for equality and I forget our lovely neighbors to the north and the spicy ones in the south.

It means "fixed that for you". Just having some fun. :D

For our European friends here, it's also releasing on June 10th in Europe. :) Preorders for the European LE will be available starting march 22nd on the NISA Europe store

kashell

« Reply #898 on: March 18, 2016, 10:04:36 am »
I learned a new acronym today! Let's go through the good things about this day so far.

1. Atelier Sophie localization
2. I learned FTFY
3. Abe is sexy
4. Friday!
5. ??
6. Profit
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:25:55 am by kashell »

soera

« Reply #899 on: March 18, 2016, 10:19:24 am »
I learned a new acronym today! Let's go through the good things about this day so far.

1. Atelier Sophie localization
2. I learned FTFY
3. Abe is sexy
4. Friday!
5. ????? (Soera)
6. Profit

FTFY!!!!!