Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226658 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #915 on: March 22, 2016, 04:30:31 pm »
Yakuza 0 is getting a physical and digital release "early 2017" on the PS4 in North America and Europe. :D The game will retain its original Japanese audio and opt for subtitles rather than a dub. I am very okay with this.

I've never tried any of the other games in the series so far, but I think I'll have to give this one a try. It looks pretty great.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #916 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:49 pm »
Yakuza 0 is getting a physical and digital release "early 2017" on the PS4 in North America and Europe. :D The game will retain its original Japanese audio and opt for subtitles rather than a dub. I am very okay with this.

I've never tried any of the other games in the series so far, but I think I'll have to give this one a try. It looks pretty great.

I'm definitely curious about the Yakuza games! It's been a long time since I've played a sandboxy game, but this one looks pretty interesting.

I preordered this guy, especially seeing as it'll have an exclusive soundtrack/artbook for preorders through Amazon:

However, I notice that it didn't get great reviews. I'm not familiar with Langrisser at all, so I'm wondering if that'd be a good thing. A lot of folks seem to be saying that it just isn't a Langrisser game in the end.

Always surprised when they decide to localize something that didn't do that well in Japan.  *shrugs* Maybe there will be improvements with this version, similar to how they've modified Bravely Second for the west.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #917 on: March 24, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »
Gal Gun: Double Peace was announced to be getting a limited edition through Rice Digital's online store. The "Mr. Happiness Edition" comes with a physical copy of the game, an art book, a soundtrack, a wall scroll featuring two of the main characters, some DLC costumes, and... a screen cleaner that looks like panties. :-[ There will be both NA and EU versions of this limited edition, and both will be available through Rice Digital.

Here's a link to the preorders for those that are interested: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/series/gal-gun

rayne315

« Reply #918 on: March 24, 2016, 06:01:14 pm »
Gal Gun: Double Peace was announced to be getting a limited edition through Rice Digital's online store. The "Mr. Happiness Edition" comes with a physical copy of the game, an art book, a soundtrack, a wall scroll featuring two of the main characters, some DLC costumes, and... a screen cleaner that looks like panties. :-[ There will be both NA and EU versions of this limited edition, and both will be available through Rice Digital.

Here's a link to the preorders for those that are interested: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/series/gal-gun

Im supper confused on what the 'screen cleaner' actually is. An actual micro cleaning pad that is just hysterically shaped or real panties that can be used as a screen cleaner?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #919 on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:02 pm »
Sigh Im a sucker. I just pre-ordered it  :o 8)

abe

« Reply #920 on: March 24, 2016, 07:26:24 pm »

Im supper confused on what the 'screen cleaner' actually is. An actual micro cleaning pad that is just hysterically shaped or real panties that can be used as a screen cleaner?

I'm mostly certain that it's just one of those microfiber cleaning cloths and it's just shaped like panties.

davifus

« Reply #921 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »
Sigh Im a sucker for Panti... Screen Cleaners. I just pre-ordered it  :o 8)

FTFY
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #922 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:09 pm »
I knew I forgot something!  8)

argyle

« Reply #923 on: March 29, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »
small update this week ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2016, 06:46:02 pm »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #925 on: March 29, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »
small update this week ;)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven was announced for localization last December and I somehow missed that?! :o Madness!

soera

« Reply #926 on: March 29, 2016, 10:06:05 pm »
Couple of comments. First, are we sure that Setsuna is going to have a physical release? And YIIK is getting a physical release via Limited Run Games.

argyle

« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2016, 04:52:03 pm »
Oh holy crap. Star Ocean NA release date just announced, June 28th.

June?

June!?!?

They're trying to kill me in June. As of now I have preordered for June:

Odin Sphere CE
No Man's Sky CE
Grand Kingdom LE

And now this.  I can't pass on SO. Or Odin Sphere. Or NMS. I don't *want* to pass on GK, but...do I? Or do I sell a kidney? And what about the TIME!?  MADNESS!!!

*sigh*

I guess there's only one solution....

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #928 on: March 31, 2016, 03:44:15 pm »
I'm not made of money. I wish I was, but I'm not.

http://techraptor.net/content/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-north-america-fall

Add this to my list of day-one purchases. @_@

abe

« Reply #929 on: March 31, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »
I'm not made of money. I wish I was, but I'm not.

http://techraptor.net/content/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-north-america-fall

Add this to my list of day-one purchases. @_@

Yes!!!!!!! So hyped! ;D ;D ;D