Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226663 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #930 on: March 31, 2016, 04:17:32 pm »
I'm not made of money. I wish I was, but I'm not.

http://techraptor.net/content/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-north-america-fall

Add this to my list of day-one purchases. @_@

Yes!!!!!!! So hyped! ;D ;D ;D

Right?! *high fives* I think we're the only two fans of this series on here. Are there others?

It looks like it'll be for PS4 and the Vita. I'll probably go with the Vita version.

abe

« Reply #931 on: March 31, 2016, 06:46:39 pm »

http://techraptor.net/content/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-coming-north-america-fall

Right?! *high fives* I think we're the only two fans of this series on here. Are there others?

It looks like it'll be for PS4 and the Vita. I'll probably go with the Vita version.

I do believe Lady Karyann is a fan of the series as well, though it's probably safe to say we're the two most excited (or most vocal) fans here that are regular posters. ;)

As for me, I'll probably buy both versions at the same time assuming nothing else super important is releasing around the same time. I've been fighting the temptation to import the Vita version now for a while, but this is just the news I needed to hold back and save some money by buying the NA version later.

This one looks sooooo good. I'm really loving the track list for Project DIVA X. I'm hoping this localization announcement is a good sign we'll get Project DIVA Future Tone on the PS4 eventually too. Both versions of Future Tone are going to be digital only on the PS4 in Japan, but I'll buy them day one even if they get a digital only release here too just to support the series. Fingers crossed!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #932 on: April 01, 2016, 08:25:53 am »

I do believe Lady Karyann is a fan of the series as well, though it's probably safe to say we're the two most excited (or most vocaloid) fans here that are regular posters. ;)

As for me, I'll probably buy both versions at the same time assuming nothing else super important is releasing around the same time. I've been fighting the temptation to import the Vita version now for a while, but this is just the news I needed to hold back and save some money by buying the NA version later.

This one looks sooooo good. I'm really loving the track list for Project DIVA X. I'm hoping this localization announcement is a good sign we'll get Project DIVA Future Tone on the PS4 eventually too. Both versions of Future Tone are going to be digital only on the PS4 in Japan, but I'll buy them day one even if they get a digital only release here too just to support the series. Fingers crossed!

It looks great. If it's as fun as the first Project Diva f, then I'll buy the PS4 version at some point after I'm done with the Vita version.

argyle

« Reply #933 on: April 02, 2016, 12:23:09 pm »
My brain cannot tell my fingers to move fast enough to play a Hatsune Miku game. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #934 on: April 04, 2016, 09:20:18 am »
There is a pretty nifty Star Ocean 5 special edition now up for pre-order on Square's website.

In other news, my wallet feels like it's dying. @_@

EDIT: Holy crap, 7.99 for shipping? O_o I thought it would be free.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:55:23 am by kashell »

desocietas

« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2016, 10:18:41 am »
There is a pretty nifty Star Ocean 5 special edition now up for pre-order on Square's website.

Yeah, good ol' SE making exclusives and forcing us to pay shipping on it -___-  I've gotten stuff early from them but from what I recall, they could package their stuff more securely...

At least NISA offers free shipping over a certain amount...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2016, 10:29:46 am »

Yeah, good ol' SE making exclusives and forcing us to pay shipping on it -___-  I've gotten stuff early from them but from what I recall, they could package their stuff more securely...

At least NISA offers free shipping over a certain amount...

So this is SOP for them? That's really bizarre. I'm paying a pretty penny for this edition, and they can't throw me a bone with shipping? Not only that, but it's extra long shipping so it won't arrive on release day.

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and just go with the vanilla version.

abe

« Reply #937 on: April 04, 2016, 10:42:31 am »
Here's a pic of the limited edition of SO V for anyone at work that can't find a pic on an unblocked site. Cool looking and all, but not worth the price for me. $110 USD plus shipping would end up being way too much for my wallet after the exchange rate, especially with all the other games releasing in June, like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir, and the new Kirby game (plus all the Amiibo that release with it).

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #938 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:54 am »

So this is SOP for them? That's really bizarre. I'm paying a pretty penny for this edition, and they can't throw me a bone with shipping? Not only that, but it's extra long shipping so it won't arrive on release day.

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and just go with the vanilla version.

Just checking on my old orders with them, which I've always used the cheapest shipping:

Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 2.5
Release Date: 12/2/2014
Shipping notice: 12/1/2014
Received: 11/26/2014

Final Fantasy Explorers
Release Date: 1/26/2016
Shipping notice: 1/18/2016
Received: 1/25/2016

Dragon Quest Heroes
Release Date: 10/13/2015
Shipping notice: 10/05/2015
Received: 10/14/2015

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Release Date: 3/17/2015
Shipping notice: 3/10/2015
Received: 3/16/2015

Now, part of it might be because I have it shipping to work and sometimes shipments arrive more promptly that way since the business gets other packages...?  Other friends who also order at the same time might get theirs the next day or two after, so I find myself pretty lucky for the most part with Square Enix's standard shipping. It looks like only Dragon Quest was the one that arrived the day after release, which isn't bad. I was still really surprised about Kingdom Hearts showing up a week early (prior to the shipping notice), but I suspect they shipped them out early because of Thanksgiving weekend.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #939 on: April 04, 2016, 11:48:40 am »
Atleast I got something off Square's web. #RIPFFXV
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #940 on: April 04, 2016, 03:01:03 pm »
Free shipping over $100 doesnt apply to pre-orders. They may let you adjust it once it gets closer to release date.

desocietas

« Reply #941 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:42 pm »
Free shipping over $100 doesnt apply to pre-orders. They may let you adjust it once it gets closer to release date.

That's good to know, though it definitely screws the folks who preorder. I guess it's a matter of playing that game of whether it'll still be for sale when it gets closer to release.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #942 on: April 04, 2016, 03:16:40 pm »

That's good to know, though it definitely screws the folks who preorder. I guess it's a matter of playing that game of whether it'll still be for sale when it gets closer to release.

Interesting. I'll keep the pre-order...for now.

argyle

« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2016, 04:58:38 pm »
A decent update this week. :) In addition to the new Hatsune Miku game & FFXV (which I didn't have on the list...) there were another couple of new additions: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII and Assault Suit Leynos, which is a shmup that's not only getting localized but a physical release. Nice!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #944 on: April 07, 2016, 08:53:27 am »
Add one more, if you can. The new Neptunia game is getting a special edition. The game is called MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies.

That title is annoying.