Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226630 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #960 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »
I didn't even know that they were making it for ye olde Bone. Interesting.

abe

« Reply #961 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:24 pm »
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final was announced for a North American release as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse on the 3DS some time this summer. No word on a European release yet. The game will cost $49.99 USD, or if you're unlucky enough to live in Canada like me, you get the privilege of paying $64.99 plus applicable taxes. That would be a total of $74.74 for me. No thanks Atlus, not for a first-print 3DS game.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #962 on: April 14, 2016, 01:22:41 pm »
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final was announced for a North American release as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse on the 3DS some time this summer. No word on a European release yet. The game will cost $49.99 USD, or if you're unlucky enough to live in Canada like me, you get the privilege of paying $64.99 plus applicable taxes. That would be a total of $74.74 for me. No thanks Atlus, not for a first-print 3DS game.
I'd imagine we Europeans will be stuck with a digital only release again.

Yes Shin Megami Tensei IV only cost me €20 on the eShop but I paid €30 to import an NTSC copy just so I had a physical copy and I'll likely end up doing the same again....

abe

« Reply #963 on: April 14, 2016, 01:47:26 pm »
I'd imagine we Europeans will be stuck with a digital only release again.

Yes Shin Megami Tensei IV only cost me €20 on the eShop but I paid €30 to import an NTSC copy just so I had a physical copy and I'll likely end up doing the same again....

Didn't Nintendo also handle the European localization or something strange like that?

argyle

« Reply #964 on: April 14, 2016, 02:58:22 pm »

They'll probably throw in an artbook & soundtrack like they did with SMTIV. Still, I won't be picking it up at release. Still haven't played IV, plus these day-1 Atlus sets have been pretty easy to find a few months later on sale.

I really wish they'd put the SMT series back on a console TBH.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #965 on: April 14, 2016, 03:09:12 pm »
Corpse Party (the first game in the series with updates/remastering) for 3DS and PC coming:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/255907-xseed-announces-3ds-game-corpse-party
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #966 on: April 14, 2016, 03:11:36 pm »
The 3DS version of Corpse Party has been confirmed for a North American release! ;D This version of the game is a remake of the PSP version (which was already an improved port of the PC remake of the original). Sprites have been redrawn, more bonus chapters have been added, and other good stuff like that.

The game will be available on the eShop and will also see a limited physical release (yay) through its "Back to School Edition", which come with a couple figurines and a soundtrack.

kashell

« Reply #967 on: April 14, 2016, 04:06:31 pm »
FINALLY! I can finally properly start this series. A physical release is just what I needed.

abe

« Reply #968 on: April 14, 2016, 05:01:41 pm »
FINALLY! I can finally properly start this series. A physical release is just what I needed.

But there still won't be an English physical version of Book of Shadows. :'(

kashell

« Reply #969 on: April 15, 2016, 08:24:37 am »

Which one is that? I'm a total n00b with this series. ^.^()

Also, where are we able to pre-order this 3DS game?

abe

« Reply #970 on: April 15, 2016, 08:52:04 am »

Which one is that? I'm a total n00b with this series. ^.^()

Also, where are we able to pre-order this 3DS game?

Book of Shadows on the PSP retells some of the stuff from the original game in more of a visual novel style of gameplay, but the new and important stuff happens in the last couple chapters of the game. The events of chapter 8 are what lead into Blood Drive on the Vita.

As for preordering this 3DS remaster/remake, it should be up for preorder eventually in all the usual places, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. To my knowledge, all of Xseed's recent limited physical editions for their more niche stuff have been easy to get pretty much wherever you can get games. This should be no exception.

kashell

« Reply #971 on: April 18, 2016, 03:41:03 pm »
I'll keep on looking around for the pre-order. Corpse Party is something I've wanted to play for a while but didn't want to do deal with the whole "digital only" thing.

desocietas

« Reply #972 on: April 18, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #973 on: April 19, 2016, 03:07:51 pm »
I'll keep on looking around for the pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01EFT6ODS/12-230c-20/

Has anyone ever mentioned how lovely you are? If not, they should. If they do, then they should more often.

Thanks for update!

desocietas

« Reply #974 on: April 19, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »
I'll keep on looking around for the pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01EFT6ODS/12-230c-20/

Has anyone ever mentioned how lovely you are? If not, they should. If they do, then they should more often.

Thanks for update!

:D no problem! I'm not sure why it doesn't come up as one of the main items when doing an Amazon search, but I knew someone had tweeted about it a few days back.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas