Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 229174 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #975 on: April 20, 2016, 08:26:23 am »
My pre-order has been placed.

abe

« Reply #976 on: April 20, 2016, 08:38:49 am »
A special edition for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (WiiU) has been announced. I really hope this won't be as much of a pain in the ass to get as the FE Fates special edition was. :'(

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #977 on: April 20, 2016, 09:24:39 am »
A special edition for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (WiiU) has been announced. I really hope this won't be as much of a pain in the ass to get as the FE Fates special edition was. :'(

Seriously June, what did I do to you?

About to update the OP, btw.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #978 on: April 20, 2016, 10:05:42 am »
I really hope this won't be as much of a pain in the ass to get as the FE Fates special edition was. :'(

I'd be very surprised. From first looks at the game, it's certainly different from a Fire Emblem game. But I'm glad there's going to be a special edition. Looks interesting!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #979 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:37 am »
I won't be getting it, but it looks spiffy!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to figure out a way to clone myself so I can enjoy all of the new stuff coming out soon.

abe

« Reply #980 on: April 20, 2016, 10:29:26 am »
I really hope this won't be as much of a pain in the ass to get as the FE Fates special edition was. :'(
I'd be very surprised. From first looks at the game, it's certainly different from a Fire Emblem game. But I'm glad there's going to be a special edition. Looks interesting!

Unfortunately, it's not quite what anyone seemed to have in mind for a Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei crossover (myself included). It really looks more like a Persona game at this point, but I'll probably have a lot of fun with it regardless.

maximo310

« Reply #981 on: April 20, 2016, 11:57:01 am »
I'm hoping that the se can drum up some additional sales here, since I heard that it sold pretty poorly in Japan due to the Wii U userbase. But I'll probably pick it up later on, since the battle system seems to be pretty decent.

argyle

« Reply #982 on: April 20, 2016, 12:15:18 pm »
Updated!

The SE isn't super-impressive - that said, I'm not going to risk waiting. An Atlus title on the Wii U, very late in its life no less, will probably have a low print run as it is. The SE even more so. At least the Amazon 20% off will soften the blow a little. Of course, it would help if literally 2 other CE's I'm getting weren't releasing that same week & another the week after.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #983 on: April 20, 2016, 12:32:10 pm »
I've seen a decent amount of gameplay from someone playing the Japanese version. Even they felt that it's a bit too niche of a title for Western audiences. Definitely more like Persona and will be the closest yet for me in terms of an idol game.

But yeah I don't see it selling that well here personally.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

PlayerC90

« Reply #984 on: April 21, 2016, 04:04:27 am »

I'm really starting to dislike NoE using the same box format for every single LE they do. Also the content doesn't seem that great, not that that will stop me from getting it :x

abe

« Reply #985 on: April 21, 2016, 07:25:43 am »

I'm really starting to dislike NoE using the same box format for every single LE they do. Also the content doesn't seem that great, not that that will stop me from getting it :x

Really? I find NoE usually gets the cool stuff, like the Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon ORAS steelbooks. This LE for TMS #FE seems like one of the few that are almost identical to the underwhelming North American version. One thing I don't get is why NoE limited editions always have packaging that lets you hang them on things. I doubt most stay in stores long enough for that to matter, and they'd be a pain once you want to put them on your own shelves.

PlayerC90

« Reply #986 on: April 21, 2016, 11:28:53 am »
Really? I find NoE usually gets the cool stuff, like the Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon ORAS steelbooks. This LE for TMS #FE seems like one of the few that are almost identical to the underwhelming North American version. One thing I don't get is why NoE limited editions always have packaging that lets you hang them on things. I doubt most stay in stores long enough for that to matter, and they'd be a pain once you want to put them on your own shelves.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I usually have no issue with the stuff NoE puts in their LEs, it's just the box I'm getting annoyed with. Like you said, it's just not practical and it's always same box everytime. From this to 3DS games like FEFates, all the way back to the Wii days with The Last Story and Xenoblade. I'd appreciate some variety is all. But still, it's cool that this game is getting a LE at all.

abe

« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »
Oh, don't get me wrong, I usually have no issue with the stuff NoE puts in their LEs, it's just the box I'm getting annoyed with. Like you said, it's just not practical and it's always same box everytime. From this to 3DS games like FEFates, all the way back to the Wii days with The Last Story and Xenoblade. I'd appreciate some variety is all. But still, it's cool that this game is getting a LE at all.

Ahhh, okay. I must've misunderstood you then. My bad. :)

abe

« Reply #988 on: April 22, 2016, 08:19:20 am »
There's a new countdown timer on Persona 5's official website. It seems to be counting down to the 5th of May, or 05/05. What could this mean? I really hope it's a release date reveal, and I really hope it's not releasing in June like all the other things I really want.

Here be the countdown

PlayerC90

« Reply #989 on: April 22, 2016, 09:25:26 am »
I Am Setsuna is releasing on July 19 on PS4 and Steam http://gematsu.com/2016/04/setsuna-launches-july-19-west

Digital only though :/