Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 234242 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1155 on: July 25, 2016, 02:10:10 pm »
Holy crap...that's a lot of money.

davifus

« Reply #1156 on: July 25, 2016, 02:47:22 pm »
I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

But Summon Night 6 is up for preorder

http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN6_WE_orders.htm

weww $129 , then $150 for people who miss the early bird discount. "Palms are sweaty..."

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1157 on: July 25, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »

weww $129 , then $150 for people who miss the early bird discount. "Palms are sweaty..."
Plus shipping.

davifus

« Reply #1158 on: July 25, 2016, 02:52:25 pm »

Plus shipping.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

azure

« Reply #1159 on: July 25, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »

Plus shipping.

desocietas

« Reply #1160 on: July 25, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »

Thanks! My page notifier for updated pages seems to have become broken in the last few months so I never got an alert when the page updated this morning. Ouch, another pricey CE, but it looks really nice, and at least it's not a limited number for presales.

For folks who can't access the page right now:

You are purchasing a digital reservation voucher code that entitles you to a physical copy of the Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition when it is released in February. This is a limited edition, serial numbered product. The Wonderful Edition includes:

PS4 Game with Multi-Sided Coversheet, Full Color Game Manual, and Full Color Disc Label
Dust-Jacketed, Hardcover 200+ Page Deluxe Art Book that chronicles the Summon Night Series
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders 32 Track FULL Soundtrack with Full Color Disc Label
Exclusive 7" Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game, Pink (shown), Blue, Grey, randomly inserted)
Exclusive Four PVC Molded Drink Coasters, one for each of the main characters, and one of the game logo
Exclusive Huge 21" x 30" poster (shown folded in picture)
Exclusive Collector's Box to hold everything
Exclusive Serial Numbered Hologram

When released, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition will be shipped to the default address you have on file with Amazon. To prevent fraud, ONLY the Amazon address on file in your Amazon account will be used, so PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR AMAZON SHIPPING ADDRESS IS CORRECT BEFORE ORDERING.

Your credit card will be charged for this digital reservation voucher purchase in approximately 1-3 days, and the reservation voucher code reserving your game (and specific serial number for the hologram) will be emailed to you then.

We are manufacturing only as many Wonderful Editions as we sell, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS.

We expect to complete fufillment of these reservation vouchers by shipping the Wonderful Edition in February, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. If there are delays in approval, manufacturing, or shipping, updates will be posted on the main page of www.gaijinworks.com.

The included exclusive character plush in the Wonderful Edition will be randomly inserted. If you place multiple orders, we will make every effort to get you a selection of different plush from the three available, but we cannot guarantee this.

AMAZON CHECKOUT ONLY SUPPORTS ONE PURCHASE PER CLICK. If you want multiple copies, you need to repeat the process for each copy you want.

A $20 discount from full price of $149 will be available until September 15th. After that date, the price will be $149 until October 31st, when we will stop selling the Wonderful Edition forever. This is a HEAVY box - almost 4 pounds, so shipping outside the US is pretty bad. We strongly recommend international fans take advantage of the $20 early-bird discount on the game to offset the high international shipping costs.

Discounted Price: $129.00 USD + $18 Continental USA Shipping

(+tax for California shipping addresses only)

NOTE: Total shipping Outside Continental US & US Territories $19, Canada $35, other international addresses $48, added at checkout. VAT and any applicable duties/import fees are applied by some international destinations and are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1161 on: July 25, 2016, 03:33:58 pm »
I'll probably pass on this one, too. It's hard to justify the price for a  series I don't have much interest in aside from Swordcraft Story from back in the day.

Still, that's a dam fine looking CE.

desocietas

« Reply #1162 on: July 25, 2016, 03:40:50 pm »
I'll probably pass on this one, too. It's hard to justify the price for a  series I don't have much interest in aside from Swordcraft Story from back in the day.

Swordcraft Story really was very good. Did you play the second one? It's on my wishlist... figure I should just pick it up from eBay one of these days.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1163 on: July 25, 2016, 03:54:33 pm »

Swordcraft Story really was very good. Did you play the second one? It's on my wishlist... figure I should just pick it up from eBay one of these days.

I did! I didn't think it was as fun as the first one. Maybe because I played them back to back, but the first one was just so damn charming whereas I couldn't bother to finish the second one.

soera

« Reply #1164 on: July 26, 2016, 12:30:38 am »

I got mine ordered this morning ... Came home on a delivery and did it. Just now got home to post about it!

desocietas

« Reply #1165 on: July 27, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1166 on: July 28, 2016, 04:19:41 am »
I'll be updating the OP tomorrow, it's been kinda hectic this week.

I bit on that Summon Night 6 CE. It *is* pricey, and shipping stings, but I know I'll regret it if I let it slip by. And with the very limited way it's being sold (anyone who wants it can get in now, but then once the 2 months are up that's all they will ever make) it's pretty much guaranteed to at least hold its value - so if I ever need to recoup what I spent on it that won't be a problem. And heck, it's not much more than that Star Ocean CE was and IMO it has more in it that's worthwhile.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #1167 on: July 28, 2016, 06:19:20 pm »
Updated! A few new dates and a couple of new entries.

That Level-5 press conference was a disappointment for me. They just focus way too much on mobile & handhelds these days for my taste - I'd love to see them return to console development in force, but apparently what they're doing is making them money so that probably won't happen. At least we're getting Ni no Kuni 2....
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1168 on: July 28, 2016, 11:20:48 pm »
Will Fantasy Life 2 really just be a mobile game? With how much people liked it, I was hoping for another physical release.

More Layton is always good. I tuned in for a bit of the conference but so much of it was about toys and jewelry that I tuned back out.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1169 on: August 02, 2016, 01:18:35 am »
Gaijinworks just posted on Twitter that a WE edition of Summon night 6 for Vita should be available tomorrow.