Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 235960 times)

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1395 on: March 27, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
Info on Valkyria Revolution
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/27/valkyria-revolution-deploys-to-the-americas-on-june-27/

Physical LE for PS4, digital only Vita.

kashell

« Reply #1396 on: March 27, 2017, 12:24:59 pm »
Argh, can't access the link at work. >.<

Is it up for sale yet?

azure

« Reply #1397 on: March 27, 2017, 12:25:44 pm »
Looks great, SEGAs really been doing a greta job with the PS4 lately.

« Reply #1398 on: March 27, 2017, 12:31:06 pm »
Valkyria Revolution by PlayStation.Blog, on Flickr
Attention, soldiers! Prepare for battle in the coming months, because Valkyria Revolution is launching in the Americas on June 27 for PS4 and PS Vita! Our previous PS.Blog post covered how the game is quite literally a revolution from previous Valkyria games, but let me give you a brief refresher before you charge once more unto the breach.

First things first: Valkyria Revolution is not a sequel to the Valkyria Chronicles series. “Spinoff” would be the right word. It takes place in a whole different timeline, continent, and universe than its predecessors, but familiar elements — such as the precious mineral ragnite and the legendary beings known as the Valkyria — make a return.

Instead of a World War II influence, the game is inspired by the European industrial revolution and focuses on a war of liberation between two vastly different nations. But arguably the biggest difference is the battle system. The turn-based action has been replaced with faster-paced (but no less strategic) combat. This hybrid battle system combines the tactics of customizing squad behavior and loadouts with real-time action for some pretty intense moments on the field.
But at its core, Valkyria Revolution is a very human story about war. The small independent kingdom of Jutland is suffocating from an economic blockade sanctioned by the tyrannical Ruzi Empire, and must resort to war in order to liberate itself and the surrounding lands from the Ruzi’s imperialist conquest.
There’s one small problem: the Ruzi Empire have a Valkyria. You know, the living embodiment of death in demi-god form? Yeah, things aren’t going very well for the soldiers of Jutland. But that’s where the Vanargand come in. This elite team of ragnite sensitive warriors have been assembled with the sole purpose of annihilating the Ruzi’s Valkyria with extreme prejudice. Led by the consummate professional Captain Amleth Gronkaer and bolstered by the inspiring presence of Jutland’s Princess Ophelia, the Vanargand are ready to turn the tide of the war in the name of freedom. However, Amleth hides a terrible secret. Is he friend or foe to the country he has sworn to protect?
And we’ve got one more thing to reveal. Loyal soldiers are always rewarded for their service, so pre-orders and limited launch copies of the physical PS4 game will come packaged as the Valkyria Revolution Vanargand Edition in the Americas. This special edition comes with a bold pin inscribed with the Vanargand’s ferocious coat of arms, a 12-track soundtrack by the extremely talented Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Stella Glow), and stunning outer box. Quantities are limited, so grab your copy of the Vanargand Edition on the double!
Valkyria Revolution will be released physically and digitally for PS4, and as a digital-only title for PS Vita.
Godspeed, soldier.
Photostream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/33613515285/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:33:15 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

« Reply #1399 on: March 28, 2017, 01:46:14 am »
Argh, can't access the link at work. >.<

Is it up for sale yet?

not up for sale yet, afaik! hopefully easy to get since it's preorders and launch editions that will have this version.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1400 on: March 28, 2017, 10:10:27 am »

kashell

« Reply #1401 on: March 28, 2017, 11:25:41 am »
Ah hell...not Amazon again... Wish me luck. Into battle I go.

And it's officially pre-ordered.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:30:04 am by kashell »

azure

« Reply #1402 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:12 pm »
Anyone else that ordered from Amazon not getting their Prime savings discount? Is Valkyria Revolution excluded for some reason?

« Reply #1403 on: March 28, 2017, 12:30:34 pm »
Anyone else that ordered from Amazon not getting their Prime savings discount? Is Valkyria Revolution excluded for some reason?
The discount hasn't gone active yet.

I've pre-ordered something before like this and it never showed the discount so I cancelled the order.  I'm sure they would've fixed it by release, but I didn't care enough to wait and see.

azure

« Reply #1404 on: March 28, 2017, 12:34:39 pm »

I've pre-ordered something before like this and it never showed the discount so I cancelled the order.  I'm sure they would've fixed it by release, but I didn't care enough to wait and see.
Ahh ok thanks for the tip, I'll give it a couple of days.

desocietas

« Reply #1405 on: March 28, 2017, 02:13:55 pm »

You can pre-order, cancel, and re-order if you want; otherwise the discount gets applied eventually. Happens occasionally for really newly-listed items on Amazon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1406 on: March 31, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »
Started an update - I'll try to get it finished up later today! ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

azure

« Reply #1407 on: March 31, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »
Valkyria Revolution's listing has the prime discount if anyone else like me was waiting.

argyle

« Reply #1408 on: April 07, 2017, 09:41:02 am »
Sooo....finished that update I started last week. Yep.  ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1409 on: April 09, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »
Just a heads up, the standard edition of A Rose in the Twilight has been taken off of NISA's web store. Now currently the only way to get an English physical copy is to get the limited edition which is down to 5%-0% stock.

http://store.nisamerica.com/rose-in-the-twilight-limited-edition