Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 234228 times)

kashell

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #1440 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:02 am »
Of those three, the only one I'll be getting is Radiant Historia. I really enjoyed the original. I hope they made some improvements with this new one.

azure

« Reply #1441 on: June 07, 2017, 11:07:59 am »
Didn't have any doubt that Deep Strange Journey wouldn't get localized. Never the less glad for some confirmation, looking forward to it.

desocietas

« Reply #1442 on: June 07, 2017, 12:22:10 pm »
Really excited about confirmation about EOV. I love that series and want to keep supporting it if they put out physical copies. I'll definitely be picking up the others 'cause Atlus <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1443 on: June 09, 2017, 12:16:01 pm »
Every time I see a 3DS game get announced now, I just think "why not Switch instead?".  Heck, even I'm even somewhat less enthusiastic about Culdcept now, and I was pumped to hear that was getting localized. Will still get that one, but dunno how many more I'll pick up for the 3DS - not at full price, certainly.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #1444 on: June 09, 2017, 12:30:02 pm »
Every time I see a 3DS game get announced now, I just think "why not Switch instead?".  Heck, even I'm even somewhat less enthusiastic about Culdcept now, and I was pumped to hear that was getting localized. Will still get that one, but dunno how many more I'll pick up for the 3DS - not at full price, certainly.

I know what you mean. I felt that a little bit with the Atlus announcement. I'm looking forward to all of those, but part of me kinda wishes they had waited a little longer and ported them to Switch somehow, even though all of them rely on the dual-screen setup.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #1445 on: June 09, 2017, 03:37:58 pm »
I suppose Im the only person that thinks the switch is a huge waste of time. If they would have started portable gaming with the switch, that would have been amazing ... but the way it is now, the switch is just another machine to play wii u games.

desocietas

« Reply #1446 on: June 09, 2017, 03:49:07 pm »
I suppose Im the only person that thinks the switch is a huge waste of time. If they would have started portable gaming with the switch, that would have been amazing ... but the way it is now, the switch is just another machine to play wii u games.

Not necessarily a bad thing. I've found that I've been less and less inclined to play things on a monitor these days. I didn't think much of the Vita until when I started playing something on it and began to want more items on the go. I also don't have a Wii U at the moment, so that's another thing.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #1447 on: June 12, 2017, 11:14:11 am »
I also don't have a Wii U at the moment, so that's another thing.

Most people don't, that was the problem. :P

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

azure

« Reply #1448 on: June 20, 2017, 09:51:01 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljiWOrULppk&t=0s

.hack//G.U. Last Recode is getting localized! Physical and digital for PS4 & PC.

« Reply #1449 on: June 20, 2017, 10:02:09 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljiWOrULppk&t=0s

.hack//G.U. Last Recode is getting localized! Physical and digital for PS4 & PC.
Woooo

soera

« Reply #1450 on: June 20, 2017, 10:20:54 am »
Where does it say physical? Im looking so I can update my list but I havent seen anything that actually says it.

azure

« Reply #1451 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:25 am »
Where does it say physical? Im looking so I can update my list but I havent seen anything that actually says it.
I read about it from this article: http://gematsu.com/2017/06/hackg-u-last-recode-coming-west-late-2017

argyle

« Reply #1452 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:59 pm »
MASSIVE update!  :o

Awesome news about .hack - I sold my originals last week when word of the set first broke, because I figured it was a shoe-in for a localization (N-B has been localizing pretty much everything lately, and they've certainly brought over things a lot more obscure than .hack ;) ). Still good to get final confirmation. :)

desocietas

« Reply #1453 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:00 pm »
Any news of the first series to be redone as well? A bit of a shame to bring the sequels first, but I'm still super jazzed about the news and will def get this set.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #1454 on: June 20, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »
I'll probably get this set, too.

I only played .hack//Infection. It was ok, but I did like the setting and premise.