Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226598 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2014, 02:45:34 pm »
Huh

Normally, I want to play & pre-order almost any & all N1 LE's

but

I'm not interested in this Firefly game at all...

- could be a combination of the weird name + my complete ignorance about the game.

wtf *is* it?

Well if you haven't watched the original trailer that's in the OP, it does a much better job of showing what the gameplay is like:

It's basically a puzzle/platformer tho (so I don't know how 1-hand friendly it will be  :-\ ). My wife loves the artwork, when I told her how much the LE was she was like "Well YEAH we're getting that!" :P

And I'm looking forward to Omega Quintet - will always take some more sweet turn-based goodness. :D Added it to the OP.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2014, 03:22:56 pm »
Huh

but

- could be a combination of the weird name + my complete ignorance about the game.

wtf *is* it?

Well if you haven't watched the original trailer that's in the OP, it does a much better job of showing what the gameplay is like:

It's basically a puzzle/platformer tho (so I don't know how 1-hand friendly it will be  :-\ ). My wife loves the artwork, when I told her how much the LE was she was like "Well YEAH we're getting that!" :P

And I'm looking forward to Omega Quintet - will always take some more sweet turn-based goodness. :D Added it to the OP.

oo, looks very interesting.  I'll def have to check this one out.

And so cheap!  for $30 it's worth a try.  Also, for those of you who may have gift certs for NISA, since they changed their store, your gift cert codes won't work with the new system.  You have to email customer support to have them give you new codes that will work with the online shop.  A pain :/  but just wanted to let you know before they got low on stock and you find your gift codes don't work.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:49:06 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:34 am »
Finally, a pic of Guilty Gear Xrd's Limited Edition contents:

I love that book/box - may have to see if I can swing this one.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2014, 10:33:57 am »
Huh

but

wtf *is* it?

oo, looks very interesting.  I'll def have to check this one out.

And so cheap!  for $30 it's worth a try.  Also, for those of you who may have gift certs for NISA, since they changed their store, your gift cert codes won't work with the new system.  You have to email customer support to have them give you new codes that will work with the online shop.  A pain :/  but just wanted to let you know before they got low on stock and you find your gift codes don't work.

Dang I was wondering why my code wasn't working... I already preordered it..... I guess I'll save it for the next N1s Purchase.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:26 am »
Dang I was wondering why my code wasn't working... I already preordered it..... I guess I'll save it for the next N1s Purchase.

That's what I'm planning on doing. If you read their store change/update page they say that the codes will be usable again at some point, and that they're switching over to a different point-based system that will make it easier to apply the rewards in the future. So I figure I'll just wait until they get that going & use them later - it's not like I won't be ordering from NISA again in the near future. :P

desocietas

« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:43 am »

That's what I'm planning on doing. If you read their store change/update page they say that the codes will be usable again at some point, and that they're switching over to a different point-based system that will make it easier to apply the rewards in the future. So I figure I'll just wait until they get that going & use them later - it's not like I won't be ordering from NISA again in the near future. :P

Yeah, I'm not toooo worried, but I realized I have one expiring in February so I wanted to make sure I used it before I forgot...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

Yeah, I'm not toooo worried, but I realized I have one expiring in February so I wanted to make sure I used it before I forgot...

Well that makes sense. Mine doesn't expire until Sept. 2015. :P

soera

« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2014, 03:17:52 pm »
Still holding out for Final fantasy Explorers and Bravely Second. Those two along with Dragon quest: Heroes and Ni no Kuni 2 would make Soera a happy person.

desocietas

« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:29 pm »

Well that makes sense. Mine doesn't expire until Sept. 2015. :P

Hm, NISA support still hasn't gotten back to me, and I'm worried about the stock running out.  I guess I can order one now and cancel/re-order if they get back to me soon about the discount code.  But yeah, in case any of you are still waiting on a new gift code... don't hold your breath too long!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2014, 03:15:03 pm »
I haven't even been able to use my account since the site's redesign. The password reset isn't working, and their customer service hasn't replied to me yet, and the stock is going down fast on those new LEs. I might have to make a new account just so I don't miss out. :(

*Edit:
Okay, for some reason I can't even seem to create a new account. Those emails just aren't working for some reason. Is anyone else here having as much trouble as I am with NISA's new website? At this rate, I might end up missing out on the htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary limited edition. :'(
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:22:53 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »
I haven't even been able to use my account since the site's redesign. The password reset isn't working, and their customer service hasn't replied to me yet, and the stock is going down fast on those new LEs. I might have to make a new account just so I don't miss out. :(

*Edit:
Okay, for some reason I can't even seem to create a new account. Those emails just aren't working for some reason. Is anyone else here having as much trouble as I am with NISA's new website? At this rate, I might end up missing out on the htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary limited edition. :'(

I couldn't get the credit card payment to work for me at all so I had to do PayPal.  If it's totally not working for you, feel free to PM me and maybe I can help put and order through for you.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2014, 05:31:46 pm »

*Edit:

I couldn't get the credit card payment to work for me at all so I had to do PayPal.  If it's totally not working for you, feel free to PM me and maybe I can help put and order through for you.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. :)

argyle

« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2014, 12:58:49 am »

*Edit:

I guess I got lucky this time, the password reset worked for me & it took my cc with no problem.

I read on another board where someone was having trouble with changing their password, and they said they found an old email from NISA and followed a link off of it that took them to the old site. They changed their password there & it worked - dunno if it will work for you or not, but worth a try I suppose.

abe

« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2014, 08:49:03 am »

*Edit:

I guess I got lucky this time, the password reset worked for me & it took my cc with no problem.

I read on another board where someone was having trouble with changing their password, and they said they found an old email from NISA and followed a link off of it that took them to the old site. They changed their password there & it worked - dunno if it will work for you or not, but worth a try I suppose.

I tried following an old link and it almost worked. :'( I got a weird error message when I tried resetting my password that said
Sorry, we could not find a hint for your email address.
I'm not sure what that means, but I guess I'm not going to get my account working.

argyle

« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2014, 02:35:21 pm »
The Criminal Girls LE is now up for preorder on NISA's site, release date is 2/3.

http://store.nisamerica.com/criminal-girls-invite-only