Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226638 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #375 on: January 10, 2015, 02:05:20 pm »
I've let this thread get way behind over the holidays - are their any more I missed besides the last 2 you posted abe? (I'm pretty sure there are...  :-\ )

Other than those two, I think the only announcement I didn't bother making a post for was the release date for Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP). Xseed has been slightly less vague and we've now got a release date of January 2015 instead of just "early 2015". Still no solid date though. Unfortunately, the holidays have been kinda slow for localization announcements (for games that belong in this thread anyways). :( Lots of stuff has been announced for Japan that I'd like to see make it over here though. :)

I thought Brandish was coming out on the 13th? Digital only, but for PSP/vita.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #376 on: January 10, 2015, 10:08:11 pm »
This one hasn't been announced for North America yet, but Europe is getting it and the PS3 is region-free (and I thought it was neat) so I figured I'd post it here. The Arland Atelier Trilogy will be releasing for the PS3 on March 6th in Europe. The game includes Atelier Rorona, Totori, and Meruru. Unfortunately, the "plus" versions of the games are not the ones included in this trilogy.

Aw that sucks. I'm playing Atelier Iris right now and have been thinking about picking up the others but am annoyed that the plus versions are digital only...

Atelier Rorona Plus had a physical release on the PS3, but unfortunately the Vita "Plus" versions of the Atelier series are digital only.

I've let this thread get way behind over the holidays - are their any more I missed besides the last 2 you posted abe? (I'm pretty sure there are...  :-\ )

Other than those two, I think the only announcement I didn't bother making a post for was the release date for Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP). Xseed has been slightly less vague and we've now got a release date of January 2015 instead of just "early 2015". Still no solid date though. Unfortunately, the holidays have been kinda slow for localization announcements (for games that belong in this thread anyways). :( Lots of stuff has been announced for Japan that I'd like to see make it over here though. :)

I thought Brandish was coming out on the 13th? Digital only, but for PSP/vita.

Yes, it's supposed to be releasing this Tuesday now.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2015, 01:20:07 am »
Just reading this gets me all warm inside : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/2476.html

maximo310

« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2015, 09:07:49 pm »
Just reading this gets me all warm inside : http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/2476.html
Yep, this hopefully means that they'll localize the game by the end of 2015, or early 2016 at latest. I'm pretty hyped for this, even with the new musical direction.

soera

« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »
This is one of the top 5 games on my future wishlist.

argyle

« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2015, 01:16:29 pm »
OK, I *finally* updated!  :P

Big one too, I implemented the changes we discussed which included creating a "previously released" section to archive releases in (I'm starting now, not going to go back & dig up ones that have already been deleted) and adding all JRPGs regardless of whether or not they're considered "niche". Didn't mark what was added/changed this time, because there was a LOT. Lemme know if I missed anything, as always! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2015, 10:43:49 am »
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for the New 3DS is scheduled to release this April in North America! :D No solid release date yet, but it releases in Europe on the 2nd of April, so I would imagine we wouldn't be too far behind.

In other news... a new Fire Emblem game for the 3DS has been announced!! ;D So hyped! This one's coming from the same team behind Fire Emblem Awakening and judging by the game's trailer, characters actually have feet in battle animations this time. :P

Here's the Nintendo Direct trailer for the new Fire Emblem

*Edit: Forgot this one-
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) is set to release in North America and Europe this February 13th. It's also getting a Limited Edition New 3DS XL which will be a GameStop/EB Games in North America.

*Edit 2: I don't want to double post so close together, so here's some more info-
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS) is set to be released on April 7th in North America.

*Edit 3: Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS) has a release date set! So hyped!!-
The game is set to release in North America on May 26th.

Today was an awesome day for news. :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:40:18 pm by abe »

abe

« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2015, 05:05:46 am »
Toukiden Kiwami has been announced to release on the PS4 and PS Vita in North America on March 31st. The game will have both digital and physical copies.

davifus

« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2015, 10:09:55 pm »
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition - http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdimension-neptunia-re-birth2-sisters-generation-limited-edition/

Came out last Friday for preorder.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2015, 02:39:39 pm »
Updated! In addition to the info you guys posted I also added Code Name S.T.E.A.M. to the release list. Also, I typically don't mention preorder bonuses since that seems like a lot to try to keep up with, but I felt the Gamestop-exclusive Majora's Mask pin for preordering STEAM deserved a special mention.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »
Updated! In addition to the info you guys posted I also added Code Name S.T.E.A.M. to the release list. Also, I typically don't mention preorder bonuses since that seems like a lot to try to keep up with, but I felt the Gamestop-exclusive Majora's Mask pin for preordering STEAM deserved a special mention.

The Majora's Mask pin comes with preorders of Code Name S.T.E.A.M.? ??? Wut :o

Also, NIS America has announced that Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PS Vita) will be release on April 14th. They've also announced that it will be compatible with the PlayStation TV.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:56:02 pm by abe »

argyle

« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »

No idea, unless Nintendo is using that to try to sell a new IP.

.....worked on me. :P

abe

« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2015, 04:18:03 pm »

It's a good idea I suppose. It might've worked for me, but no bonuses like that at EB Games in Canada unfortunately. :( It's too bad, because I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I'm not sure I like the look of the game so far, but it's from one of my favorite publishers... I probably won't bother with it until later, unless it turns out that it's amazing. What are your thoughts on it so far?

argyle

« Reply #388 on: January 20, 2015, 05:03:15 pm »

It's a good idea I suppose. It might've worked for me, but no bonuses like that at EB Games in Canada unfortunately. :( It's too bad, because I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I'm not sure I like the look of the game so far, but it's from one of my favorite publishers... I probably won't bother with it until later, unless it turns out that it's amazing. What are your thoughts on it so far?

Steampunk Valkyria Chronicles from the Fire Emblem dev. What's not to like? :)

abe

« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2015, 05:25:37 pm »

Steampunk Valkyria Chronicles from the Fire Emblem dev. What's not to like? :)

The steampunk part, heheh. :P Kidding (sorta).

I love Fire Emblem and enjoyed what I've played of Advance Wars, but I haven't played and of the Valkyria Chronicles series, so I don't really know what to expect from this game.