Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226654 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #510 on: March 03, 2015, 10:41:40 am »
The Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for the PS4 has been given a release date of May 12th in North America. In North America, people who preorder the game will get a calendar containing artwork from Yoshitaka Amano. Europe gets a steelbook as a preorder bonus. A limited edition of the game will also be available.

I saw that release date this morning (and am sad to say I think I'll be buying that game again :P) but where did you hear about another LE?

From this image:

I found the image here: http://gematsu.com/2015/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-dated-ps4

I'm not sure where it will be available though, since the LE isn't up for preorder anywhere I've looked (including Square Enix's online store).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:44:39 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #511 on: March 03, 2015, 10:49:08 am »
The Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for the PS4 has been given a release date of May 12th in North America. In North America, people who preorder the game will get a calendar containing artwork from Yoshitaka Amano. Europe gets a steelbook as a preorder bonus. A limited edition of the game will also be available.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ffx/x-2
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #512 on: March 03, 2015, 11:28:28 am »

I saw that release date this morning (and am sad to say I think I'll be buying that game again :P) but where did you hear about another LE?

From this image:

I found the image here: http://gematsu.com/2015/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-dated-ps4

I'm not sure where it will be available though, since the LE isn't up for preorder anywhere I've looked (including Square Enix's online store).

Ah, ok, I saw that image but just overlooked the LE box art.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is out today, but I'm disappointed that it's digital-only. It was the one I was most excited about when Sony announced last year that batch of Japanese Vita titles they were bringing over. From what I can tell there's not an import version w/ English subs either. Oh well, I'll have to settle for dirty digital if I want to play it it seems. :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #513 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is out today, but I'm disappointed that it's digital-only. It was the one I was most excited about when Sony announced last year that batch of Japanese Vita titles they were bringing over. From what I can tell there's not an import version w/ English subs either. Oh well, I'll have to settle for dirty digital if I want to play it it seems. :-\

Actually, we won't be stuck with digital only. :) Play-Asia has a physical copy of the Asian version up for preorder, and it will have English language options. http://www.play-asia.com/oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-8ji5.html

argyle

« Reply #514 on: March 03, 2015, 12:07:40 pm »

Actually, we won't be stuck with digital only. :) Play-Asia has a physical copy of the Asian version up for preorder, and it will have English language options. http://www.play-asia.com/oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-8ji5.html

Hrm, I saw that but wasn't sure if it was a mis-listing (or something they listed but wasn't sure was going to come out...). I did put an email alert on it tho in case it comes in stock. Fingers crossed! :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

rancesama

« Reply #515 on: March 03, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »
Thanks for putting together this list! It's really helps  me stay up-to-date with all the upcoming games I am interested in. From the looks of it, my wallet is going to be hurting this year T-T

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

argyle

« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2015, 11:01:08 am »
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend was announced for a Summer release for the PS4, PS3, Vita & Xbone.

By my count, that will make 5 total iterations of BlazBlue (since from my perspective, there hasn't been a true sequel to BB yet). They've passed SF4! :P

argyle

« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2015, 10:16:58 am »
XSeed has announced a Western release for both Onechambara Z2: Chaos for the PS4 and Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for the 3DS. They're both currently just listed as "Summer" releases. Also, for both they're saying that they will be released digitally and in a "limited run" in a special retail edition. I'm taking that to mean if you want a physical copy of either, then you better preorder.

abe

« Reply #518 on: March 10, 2015, 11:04:53 am »
XSeed has announced a Western release for both Onechambara Z2: Chaos for the PS4 and Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for the 3DS. They're both currently just listed as "Summer" releases. Also, for both they're saying that they will be released digitally and in a "limited run" in a special retail edition. I'm taking that to mean if you want a physical copy of either, then you better preorder.

Yay Senran Kagura 2! ;D If this "limited edition" is anything like the one for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, it won't be difficult to get a hold of. That being said, I'm preordering mine as soon as I can. ;D

argyle

« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2015, 11:30:11 am »

Yay Senran Kagura 2! ;D If this "limited edition" is anything like the one for Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, it won't be difficult to get a hold of. That being said, I'm preordering mine as soon as I can. ;D

What I take from the announcement is that it sounds like this time the limited release will be the ONLY physical release, which is why I think it may be more scarce. Who knows tho.

abe

« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2015, 11:36:02 am »

What I take from the announcement is that it sounds like this time the limited release will be the ONLY physical release, which is why I think it may be more scarce. Who knows tho.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus was the same way. That's why I mentioned it. The limited edition was the only physical release, but it's still easy to get.

argyle

« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2015, 11:59:10 am »

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus was the same way. That's why I mentioned it. The limited edition was the only physical release, but it's still easy to get.

Really? I was looking at it in Gamestop just yesterday and they had both the "Let's Get Physical" edition & the game by itself, both new.  ???

abe

« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2015, 12:43:42 pm »

Really? I was looking at it in Gamestop just yesterday and they had both the "Let's Get Physical" edition & the game by itself, both new.  ???

GameStop must have separated them then, because the limited edition was the ONLY physical edition to release in North America.

argyle

« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2015, 02:13:50 pm »

GameStop must have separated them then, because the limited edition was the ONLY physical edition to release in North America.

Huh. I'm sorry if I sounded like I doubted you, I'm sure you know more about it than I do - it's just strange. Maybe they did separate it for some reason, or I'm not going to rule out the possibility that I looked at a used copy that I thought was new.

In other news, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight is coming this Summer as well. :)

desocietas

« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2015, 08:43:20 pm »
In other news, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight is coming this Summer as well. :)

I'm hyped about this but it reminds me that I need to finish the first (original) one and play the sequels and the first Untold :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas