Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226701 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #570 on: April 21, 2015, 12:10:17 pm »
Soo... apparently Gaijinworks is planning on localizing some more PSP RPGs. They're supposed to be making announcements on which ones exactly later this week (that's right, more than just one :D). Hopefully they'll see a limited physical release and won't be released exclusively on the PSN. It's nice to see that the PSP is still seeing some support over here in 2015, with the fairly recent release of Brandish: The Dark Revenant this year and now these new games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/21/psp-rpgs-localized-care-gaijinworks/

Hrm, I'll definitely be interested if they get physical releases. Kinda bummed that I passed on the Class of Heroes 2 physical psp release, but it's not TOO bad since I have it on PS3. Still, would be a cool collector's item to have. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #571 on: April 21, 2015, 01:50:46 pm »
Soo... apparently Gaijinworks is planning on localizing some more PSP RPGs. They're supposed to be making announcements on which ones exactly later this week (that's right, more than just one :D). Hopefully they'll see a limited physical release and won't be released exclusively on the PSN. It's nice to see that the PSP is still seeing some support over here in 2015, with the fairly recent release of Brandish: The Dark Revenant this year and now these new games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/21/psp-rpgs-localized-care-gaijinworks/

Hrm, I'll definitely be interested if they get physical releases. Kinda bummed that I passed on the Class of Heroes 2 physical psp release, but it's not TOO bad since I have it on PS3. Still, would be a cool collector's item to have. ;)

Their site mentions that "(Okay, you can play them on the Vita, too)," so that has me a little concerned that it might be digital-only.  But hopefully it's something that will be released on both digital and physical for those of us who like to collect their physical titles.  In any case, my interest is definitely piqued.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #572 on: April 22, 2015, 11:08:54 am »
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS) now has an official release date (slightly different from what retailers originally had listed). The game is now due to be released in North America on June 2nd. The game's first print edition will come with 28-track CD.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #573 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (3DS) now has an official release date (slightly different from what retailers originally had listed). The game is now due to be released in North America on June 2nd. The game's first print edition will come with 28-track CD.

Hehe, yup, JUST updated it. ;) Also added the Japanese indie games that Playism has reported they're localizing for the PS4 and/or Vita. Oh, and I put up the new trailer for Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest - I so wish that was getting a physical release. :(
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #574 on: April 22, 2015, 12:34:55 pm »

Hehe, yup, JUST updated it. ;) Also added the Japanese indie games that Playism has reported they're localizing for the PS4 and/or Vita. Oh, and I put up the new trailer for Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest - I so wish that was getting a physical release. :(

It's too bad that Playism's stuff is digital-only too. :( I would've loved to have a physical copy of Astebreed. I might just buy it again anyways since my PS4 will be able to run it a lot better than my current PC does.

Anyways, super excited for Lord of Magna. ;D There's so many awesome games coming out in the next couple months. :o

argyle

« Reply #575 on: April 22, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »

It's too bad that Playism's stuff is digital-only too. :( I would've loved to have a physical copy of Astebreed. I might just buy it again anyways since my PS4 will be able to run it a lot better than my current PC does.

Anyways, super excited for Lord of Magna. ;D There's so many awesome games coming out in the next couple months. :o

Heck, the rest of the year! :o I really want firm dates for Tales of Zesteria, Xenoblade Chronicles X & Dragon Quest Heroes so I can map out what I'm getting for the rest of the year. :)

abe

« Reply #576 on: April 22, 2015, 12:50:37 pm »

Heck, the rest of the year! :o I really want firm dates for Tales of Zesteria, Xenoblade Chronicles X & Dragon Quest Heroes so I can map out what I'm getting for the rest of the year. :)

I've been dying to be able to preorder a fancy limited edition of Persona 5 on the PS4. :'( I'm more excited to get my mitts on P5 than probably any other game this year.

argyle

« Reply #577 on: April 22, 2015, 12:58:06 pm »
Doh, yeah, P5 too - tho I'll admit as much as I do want to play that one I'll probably give my wife the first go at it. She is, after all, the only one of us that has ever finished a Persona game. :P

abe

« Reply #578 on: April 22, 2015, 10:16:06 pm »
Here's a picture of the lovely first print edition of Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven.

argyle

« Reply #579 on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:56 am »
The two GaijinWorks PSP games to be localized are Summon Night 5 & Class of Heroes 3. They will be putting up a poll to gauge interest in a limited physical run.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/summon-night-5-class-heroes-3-psp-coming-west

abe

« Reply #580 on: April 23, 2015, 08:48:48 am »
The two GaijinWorks PSP games to be localized are Summon Night 5 & Class of Heroes 3. They will be putting up a poll to gauge interest in a limited physical run.

Summon Night 5? But I already imported a copy a while ago... :'( Well, there weren't any fan translations for it yet so being able to play it in English will be nice. If they do get physical editions I'll be sure to get them this time, even if they end up being a little expensive for me.

argyle

« Reply #581 on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:41 am »
Both games have been added to the main list. I also put up the intro movie/trailer for SN5:

I'll be spreading the word far & wide as soon as the polls go up! :D

argyle

« Reply #582 on: April 23, 2015, 11:26:39 am »

desocietas

« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:15 pm »

Thanks for letting folks know about this :)  Summon Night should be interesting - I've only played the Western spin-offs, so I'm curious what the original series is like.  Also I *love* the idea of more physical PSP games!

Edit to include Gaijin's update (from the forums) on when the poll will be up:

"Probably put up the poll in late May or Early June so we can run it for a month or so, and then if we hit the interest level needed we can move to the presale period. I'm reasonably confident we'll get enough interest to do a physical+digital one-off release (though the bar is higher for SN5). Looking forward to seeing what level of support we'll get."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:06:36 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rancesama

« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2015, 02:08:51 pm »
Here's a picture of the lovely first print edition of Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven.

I'll have to grab one of those first prints!

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!