Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226747 times)

argyle

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2015, 03:36:43 pm »
I WILL stop reading comments on game news articles. I WILL. I WILL....

*sigh*

Atlus announced they had to censor 4 - yes, a whole *4* - images in Dungeon Travelers 2 in order to get a M rating from the ESRB (so...in order to release the game). The comments section to the story on gematsu.com is filled with people saying they won't buy the game now.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »
Censorship? >:( I'm going to buy it anyways, but censorship still sucks. At least Atlus didn't ruin the game by giving it a half-assed English dub with no options to play with the original Japanese audio like they nearly always seem to (Persona games are an exception, the dubs are good enough).

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #587 on: April 28, 2015, 01:06:55 pm »
Just added Code: Realize, another upcoming visual novel for the Vita, and Might No. 9, which I could have SWORN I already had on the list. ??? Anyway, MN9 is also getting a physical release for PS4, Wii U & XBone, so my interest in that one just went way up. I'll probably drop a $5 preorder on it at GS soon-ish.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #588 on: April 28, 2015, 03:04:22 pm »

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD
Platforms: PS4
Release Date: 5/12/15
Editions: Standard, LE (not officially announced yet)

Not much of an LE in my opinion, but I think that's all we'll get :/

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282151/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-limited-edition-ps4

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #589 on: May 06, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »
Damnit, NISA!  It hasn't even been a year, and now there's a plus version for Vita...

http://store.nisamerica.com/ar-nosurge-plus-limited-edition/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #590 on: May 06, 2015, 04:24:33 pm »
^
 |
 |

I was just looking at that - is the LE the only way to get a physical copy of the game?  ???

EDIT: Answering my own question, gematsu.com says that yes, the LE will be the only physical version of the game sold (and it is only from NISA directly of course). Looks like I'll be ordering this one, if for no other reason than it will surely be very rare & probably expensive later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:41:03 pm by argyle »

desocietas

« Reply #591 on: May 06, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »
^
 |
 |

I was just looking at that - is the LE the only way to get a physical copy of the game?  ???

EDIT: Answering my own question, gematsu.com says that yes, the LE will be the only physical version of the game sold (and it is only from NISA directly of course). Looks like I'll be ordering this one, if for no other reason than it will surely be very rare & probably expensive later.

Good to know  - I'll probably pick it up myself as well just to have *sigh*  ::)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #592 on: May 08, 2015, 05:40:25 am »
Whenever I see articles and posts like those, I'm very happy I finally went to playing japanese versions only -_-. Not that censored games are that much of a deal for me but there are to many limited edtions and download only games outside of japan. And it's even worse here in europe. But I would likely buy every limited edition of every localized Otome visual novel though, if i had to...because my japanese still sucks to much to play those properly XD

soera

« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2015, 03:57:56 pm »
Damnit, NISA!  It hasn't even been a year, and now there's a plus version for Vita...

http://store.nisamerica.com/ar-nosurge-plus-limited-edition/

Im not big on buying games only to hold onto them or possibly trade for something better in the future ... but this one I popped on. We will see.

argyle

« Reply #594 on: May 13, 2015, 11:54:38 pm »
Lost Dimension has a release date now, 7/28. Also a gameplay trailer - looks interesting. :)

desocietas

« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »
Lost Dimension has a release date now, 7/28. Also a gameplay trailer - looks interesting. :)

It's gotten fairly good reviews in Japan, apparently, so I might pick this up at some point.  Tempted to get it at launch, but I'll hold out 'till later if there's no need to get the first printing immediately.  I might miss out on the free initial DLC, but who knows if I'd ever get around to opening up the game and getting the DLC in time anyway.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2015, 01:55:54 pm »
Knew nothing about the game other than Atlus was releasing it which usually means its at least worth a look.  It's nice to know it had good reviews on the other side of the pond as that gameplay trailer looks fairly clunky.  Definitely a wait and see for me.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

argyle

« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2015, 02:39:18 pm »
Yeah, not something I'll be grabbing at launch either but doesn't look bad. Picking up the Vita Ar NoSurge in July from NISA since I don't want to miss out on that physical copy. As of now, not planning on getting anything else that month.

argyle

« Reply #598 on: May 19, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »
Bad news for anyone that was looking forward to Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX next week - it got a last-minute delay that pushed it all the way back to Sept. 8. :(

davifus

« Reply #599 on: May 19, 2015, 05:53:19 pm »
Bad news for anyone that was looking forward to Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX next week - it got a last-minute delay that pushed it all the way back to Sept. 8. :(
Oh more time for me to preorder it...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)