Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228517 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #645 on: June 11, 2015, 11:01:51 pm »
Announcement time!

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) has been announced for localization by Atlus. To give you an idea of what it's like, the game has been described as a sort of spiritual successor to the SaGa series. The game sold quite well in Japan and was well received, being awarded a 34/40 from Famitsu (a pretty impressive score). The version we'll be getting from Atlus will have some changes, though only through minor changes in gameplay determined from player feedback to the developer. The game will release some time this Fall.

I'm still confused on the about 1st print copies getting the disc with the unreleased Wii version.

What about N1s CE? is that 1st print? I dont remember it saying anything like that or in the picture.

Yes, the copy of the WiiU version you'll get with the CE will come with the disc for the Wii version.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #646 on: June 11, 2015, 11:04:06 pm »
Announcement time!

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) has been announced for localization by Atlus. To give you an idea of what it's like, the game has been described as a sort of spiritual successor to the SaGa series. The game sold quite well in Japan and was well received, being awarded a 34/40 from Famitsu (a pretty impressive score). The version we'll be getting from Atlus will have some changes, though only through minor changes in gameplay determined from player feedback to the developer. The game will release some time this Fall.

Woo hoo, another title I was hoping to be announced at E3 :) That makes 3 items now ... Ni no Kuni 2 and Final fantasy explorers is all thats left. :D

argyle

« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2015, 10:33:56 am »
Announcement time!

Woo hoo, another title I was hoping to be announced at E3 :) That makes 3 items now ... Ni no Kuni 2 Dark Cloud 3 and Final fantasy explorers Dragon Quest VIII localization is all thats left. :D

Fixed that up for ya. ;)

I'm woefully behind, but as I just posted in the General thread the long-rumored Tales of Zesteria PS4 port has been confirmed!! :D  Happy day!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2015, 02:15:18 pm »
Xseed has announced that they will be localizing Nitroplus Blasterz for the PS3 and PS4. It features characters from various properties owned by Nitroplus, including Super Sonico, as well as a few guest characters. From what I understand it's all female characters, not unlike Arcana Heart. Nitroplus Blasterz was developed by Examu, who also developed other fighting games such as the Arcana Heart series. Yay for more obscure fighting games! The game is due to be released some time this winter.

There's no official trailer yet, so here's a super long gameplay video to give you an idea of what it plays like.

argyle

« Reply #649 on: June 18, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »
MASSIVE update! :o TONS of new announcements, release dates announced, new trailers, etc. Did I miss something? PROBABLY! :P Just let me know what it was and I'll try to get it changed ASAP. :D

Also, the OP length is reaching critical mass. I removed the box art from the already released games to get this updated posted, but I'm planning on moving that archived games list somewhere else to eliminate the problem for good. I may put it up on my personal website which I don't really use anymore. Wherever it lands, I'll link to it in the OP.

Random question - I know of Agarest War, but are there any other PS3 / Vita RPGs that were released digitally only in NA but got physical releases in the UK? Or upcoming games that fit that description (I wish that digital-only Sword Art Online that's on the way had an English physical release somewhere...).
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2015, 02:03:07 pm »
Corpse Party for October 13th 2015.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2015, 02:39:49 pm »
K, added.

davifus

« Reply #652 on: June 25, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »
DISGAEA 5: ALLIANCE OF VENGEANCE @ NIS 'Murica

- Limited Edition $79.99
- Standard Launch Edition $59.99

abe

« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2015, 11:03:33 pm »
DISGAEA 5: ALLIANCE OF VENGEANCE @ NIS 'Murica

- Limited Edition $79.99
- Standard Launch Edition $59.99

Hell yeah! This is what I've been waiting for. :D I need dat Usalia figurine :o

davifus

« Reply #654 on: June 29, 2015, 10:43:09 am »
The [NA] release date for steins gate is August 25. Rice digital has more of the El psy congroo edition but this time they're US version.

argyle

« Reply #655 on: July 02, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »
Updated! :) 

abe

« Reply #656 on: July 03, 2015, 09:24:12 am »
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth has been confirmed for a North American localization. ;D It will be released for the PS4 and PS Vita some time next year. Unfortunately, only the PS4 version will see a retail release. The Vita version will be digital only. :( The game is also coming to Europe, so perhaps they'll get a physical copy for the Vita that we can import. :) Nope, digital only for the PS Vita and PS4 in Europe. :( Regardless, I'm happy to see that this game is getting localized.

Aside from that, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax for the PS3 and PS Vita has been given a release date of some time this October now, rather than the original summer release.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:02:04 am by abe »

argyle

« Reply #657 on: July 04, 2015, 11:28:11 am »
Not official announcements, so I'm not going to add them to the list yet - but it seems like the Dragon Quest dev has let slip that DQ7 & 8 for the 3DS are coming West! :D

abe

« Reply #658 on: July 04, 2015, 11:44:41 am »
Not official announcements, so I'm not going to add them to the list yet - but it seems like the Dragon Quest dev has let slip that DQ7 & 8 for the 3DS are coming West! :D

I so hope these rumors are real. ;D

soera

« Reply #659 on: July 04, 2015, 02:57:35 pm »
It does appear that this is legit! :D

Im going to have to add 3 more games to my pre-order list it seems. I think I can live with that :O