Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 226742 times)

desocietas

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #660 on: July 08, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »
Zero Escape 3 preorders are still available but selling out fast. Includes a watch for no extra cost. Previous watches from the other games easily go for $50-150 these days...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0111IUKCC?creativeASIN=B0111IUKCC&linkCode=w01&linkId=BJHD63CJZO5CD4HX&ref_=as_sl_pc_ss_til&tag=pocketconsole-20
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #661 on: July 08, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »
Zero Escape 3 preorders are still available but selling out fast. Includes a watch for no extra cost. Previous watches from the other games easily go for $50-150 these days...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0111IUKCC?creativeASIN=B0111IUKCC&linkCode=w01&linkId=BJHD63CJZO5CD4HX&ref_=as_sl_pc_ss_til&tag=pocketconsole-20

Doh, gone. :(

Has GS sold the watch bundles in the past? They don't have it listed yet, but it's POSSIBLE they'll have some of the watch bundles when they do...
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #662 on: July 08, 2015, 03:43:21 pm »

Doh, gone. :(

Has GS sold the watch bundles in the past? They don't have it listed yet, but it's POSSIBLE they'll have some of the watch bundles when they do...

Sorry :( I should've posted yesterday when I preordered mine, but it only listed them as "with preorder bonus" (no indication that it'd be a watch) and I assumed they'd still be available.

However!  Aksys posted on their blog today (http://www.aksysgames.com/2015/07/08/a-few-ze3-tidbits/):

First off, the watches. Like the first two, they are pre-order bonuses that can be obtained by…pre-ordering…the game. Right now, it’s up at Amazon US with GameStop (HOPEFULLY) becoming available sometime soon. As for other territories, it’s to be decided.

Next, about a collector’s edition. There are no plans for one at this time. …I’m still sad that we didn’t do a plushie-based CE for VLR. I know I’d pay for a Zero III plushie.

So hopefully there will be other retailers that will have the game and watch available.  I don't remember if Gamestop had them before - I think I bought them from Amazon or directly from Aksys in the past... I'll keep you all posted!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:45:24 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #663 on: July 08, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »
Awesome, thanks. I still need to play these, honestly - my wife loved the first one but hasn't played the second, and a good friend of mine loved the second but hasn't played the first. :P

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #664 on: July 08, 2015, 03:54:24 pm »
Awesome, thanks. I still need to play these, honestly - my wife loved the first one but hasn't played the second, and a good friend of mine loved the second but hasn't played the first. :P

Haha, yeah, I'm in the same boat as your wife.  I loved the first one but still have to play the second.  Were you looking for the Vita one or the 3DS version?

I have a hard time calling them visual novels, but I guess that's what they really are.  They feel more like puzzle-y adventure escape-the-room sort of games, at least the first one does - but with a really interesting dialogue, story, and choice-making outside of the puzzles.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #665 on: July 08, 2015, 08:16:28 pm »

Haha, yeah, I'm in the same boat as your wife.  I loved the first one but still have to play the second.  Were you looking for the Vita one or the 3DS version?

I have a hard time calling them visual novels, but I guess that's what they really are.  They feel more like puzzle-y adventure escape-the-room sort of games, at least the first one does - but with a really interesting dialogue, story, and choice-making outside of the puzzles.

Vita, definitely. I love my 3DS but if there's ever an option, I always go Vita.

desocietas

« Reply #666 on: July 08, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »

Vita, definitely. I love my 3DS but if there's ever an option, I always go Vita.

Good to know! If you aren't able to find a copy to preorder... let me know >.> ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #667 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »

Good to know! If you aren't able to find a copy to preorder... let me know >.> ;)

Thanks, will do. ;) I'm stalking Gamestop's site in the meantime, so hopefully it won't come to that.

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #670 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:49 am »
I got it as well, thanks. :)

desocietas

« Reply #671 on: July 10, 2015, 12:30:57 pm »
 ;D Happy to help others support this neat series of games.  I'm glad the 3DS version came back in stock - another IRL friend of mine has enjoyed the other two games immensely, and she doesn't have a Vita.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #672 on: July 10, 2015, 02:53:49 pm »
I just got screwed on the Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition. Amazon emailed me & said they can't get it so they canceled my order. And GS is already sold out. :(

abe

« Reply #673 on: July 10, 2015, 03:42:11 pm »
NIS America has announced that the Disgaea Triple Play Collection for the PS3 will now be coming to North America. It includes Disgaea 3, 4, and D2 and is set to release in North America on September 15th. The European version just released today.

I just got screwed on the Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition. Amazon emailed me & said they can't get it so they canceled my order. And GS is already sold out. :(

That sucks. :( The same thing might happen to me too. Amazon recently emailed me about my order for the Signature Edition and now it no longer has a delivery estimate. The order didn't get cancelled though, so hopefully it goes through. I guess if it does get cancelled that leaves me some more money in the fall to put towards the Disco Fever Edition of P4 DAN. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #674 on: July 10, 2015, 06:21:10 pm »

That sucks. :( The same thing might happen to me too. Amazon recently emailed me about my order for the Signature Edition and now it no longer has a delivery estimate. The order didn't get cancelled though, so hopefully it goes through. I guess if it does get cancelled that leaves me some more money in the fall to put towards the Disco Fever Edition of P4 DAN. :P

You guys might be okay!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/10/mighty-no-9-special-edition-still-happening-retailer-cancelation-issues-under-investigation.aspx
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas