Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228582 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #690 on: July 29, 2015, 09:51:32 pm »
Red Ash: The Indelible Legend has been fully funded by Chinese company Fuze Entertainment, which means it will see a release on  the PS4, Xbone, and PC. The Kickstarter is still up and running, and if it reaches it's goal, the money will go towards adding extra content to the game.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/07/red-ash-fully-funded-fuze-ps4-xbox-one-pc
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #691 on: July 30, 2015, 10:14:32 am »
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) has been announced for release in North America on January 26th, 2016 and January 29th in Europe.

Also, Koei Tecmo of Europe has announced that Arslan: The Warriors of Legend will receive a western release in early 2016 for the PS4, PS3, and Xbone. I'm going to assume that it's safe to say that both North America and Europe will get this, though there's no solid release date for either region yet.

soera

« Reply #692 on: July 30, 2015, 04:11:18 pm »
Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) has been announced for release in North America on January 26th, 2016 and January 29th in Europe.

Hells yeeeah!!!!! This is one of the last two games I have been waiting to hear an NA announcement on. :D

argyle

« Reply #693 on: August 05, 2015, 11:50:57 am »
What is the DEAL with the guy who's supposed to be updating this thread??? Is he EVER going to do it again?  >:(

Y'know what I think?

https://youtu.be/3ndJNXCkNxg?t=3s

...oh, look. It's *finally* been updated! Sheesh!  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #694 on: August 05, 2015, 02:10:14 pm »
Awesome! Thanks so much for the update (and still maintaining the already released titles).

Just wanted to let you know that both Tales of Zestiria and Danganronpa have limited editions in case folks were interested :)

Tales of Zestiria (not publisher/retailer exclusive):
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/tales-of-zestiria-collectors-edition/123375

Danganronpa: Another Episode Ultra Despair Girls (NIS-exclusive):
http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #695 on: August 05, 2015, 03:25:25 pm »
Awesome! Thanks so much for the update (and still maintaining the already released titles).

Just wanted to let you know that both Tales of Zestiria and Danganronpa have limited editions in case folks were interested :)

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls

I must have just overlooked those, I know I knew about them (heck, I have the Zestiria CE preordered & fully paid for! :P ). I appreciate you guys pointing this stuff out to me, as well as Abe giving me the heads up on stuff to add. :)

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #696 on: August 05, 2015, 03:48:00 pm »

I must have just overlooked those, I know I knew about them (heck, I have the Zestiria CE preordered & fully paid for! :P ). I appreciate you guys pointing this stuff out to me, as well as Abe giving me the heads up on stuff to add. :)

No problem! I appreciate you putting the list together! It's super helpful as a reminder of what's coming up and if there's a CE I should know about  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #697 on: August 06, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »
Aksys has announced that they will be localizing the 3DS game Moco Moco Friends. Similar to Pokemon and Dragon Quest Monsters, there's a bunch of monsters (called Moppets in this case) you can befriend, evolve, and fight with. What sets it apart from the rest is its really cutesy art style. You also garden in your quest to keep Dreamtopia safe from evil. The game is due out some time this fall in North America. It's a rather interesting localization choice I must say. :P

abe

« Reply #698 on: August 07, 2015, 08:51:10 pm »
Gal Gun: Double Peace is getting a localization. This makes me happy.

No details on a publisher, or release date for NA yet. Inti Creates has stated that they would like to have both the PS4 and Vita versions localized. This is a rather surprising development, seeing as the game only just released in Japan yesterday.

argyle

« Reply #699 on: August 11, 2015, 09:29:18 am »
Updated! :)

It's strange that we haven't heard anything on P5 yet...I hope it's still coming this year.  :-\

abe

« Reply #700 on: August 11, 2015, 10:28:31 am »
Updated! :)

Thanks. :)

It's strange that we haven't heard anything on P5 yet...I hope it's still coming this year.  :-\

It is rather odd. I believe the last time Atlus mentioned it at all was back at E3 where they just showed us an old trailer and said it was still coming out this year. In the months before that there wasn't really much said about it either if I remember correctly. You'd think they'd have more to say about it since it will likely be their biggest release in a couple years.

davifus

« Reply #701 on: August 11, 2015, 05:05:43 pm »
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson got pushed to Sep. 15.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2015, 01:13:15 pm »
Unfortunately, Rodea: The Sky Soldier has been delayed a second time. The game is now set for a November 10th release in North America and November 13th for Europe.

argyle

« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:20 pm »
Both of those updated, thanks! :)

argyle

« Reply #704 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:19 pm »
NISA added a wallscroll to the Samurai Warriors IV-2 CE. I gotta admit, they *almost* got me with it - until I noticed it's only 12" x 16". ??? That is TINY!