Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games  (Read 228463 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Games
« Reply #750 on: September 11, 2015, 09:54:37 am »
I've had a lot going on IRL lately, so that's why the updates have been more sporadic. Just finished updating tho, so let me know if i missed anything. Going to try to keep on top of it through TGS - wish me luck! ;)

Hopefully TGS will give us some solid info on Persona 5. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #751 on: September 11, 2015, 10:00:37 am »
I've had a lot going on IRL lately, so that's why the updates have been more sporadic. Just finished updating tho, so let me know if i missed anything. Going to try to keep on top of it through TGS - wish me luck! ;)

I'm expecting a release date and assuming there's going to be a CE, details of that. If we don't get those 2 things I'm going to be very disappointed.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #752 on: September 11, 2015, 10:04:03 am »

I'm expecting a release date and assuming there's going to be a CE, details of that. If we don't get those 2 things I'm going to be very disappointed.

It would be nice to see a new trailer as well, not the same one they seem to keep showing us.

argyle

« Reply #753 on: September 11, 2015, 11:02:09 am »

It would be nice to see a new trailer as well, not the same one they seem to keep showing us.

Once I get "sold" on a game I don't like to watch any more trailers for it. Prefer to keep as much of the game as possible a surprise. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #754 on: September 11, 2015, 02:02:27 pm »

No worries!  Definitely nice that you're doing all this work - it's much appreciated, and totally understandable about IRL stuff.  Those things matter first, really :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190618

Sweet!  I told the bf about GS maybe having in-store preorders yesterday after I saw your post yesterday about it.  He came from work saying that he wasn't able to get one, but I noticed he had a hard time keeping a smirk off his face.  He ended up pulling out a receipt for the preorder along with a preorder he put in for Yoshi's Wooly World bundle with the amiibo <3 (http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/yoshis-woolly-world-amiibo-bundle/125422)

I had no idea preorders were already open for it, and neither did he until he told his coworker he needed to preorder something. Their first response was, "Let me guess, Yoshi's Wooly World?" hahah  ::)

EDIT: It looks like the special edition is back up on Gamestop again for anyone who missed it and would prefer to get it from GS: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition/125408
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:12:39 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

davifus

« Reply #755 on: September 11, 2015, 02:32:47 pm »
Thanks for Woolly Yoshi Link.

Here the Chibi one for anyone you missed it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/chibi-robo-zip-lash-amiibo-bundle/125421
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #756 on: September 11, 2015, 02:50:37 pm »
Here the Chibi one for anyone you missed it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/chibi-robo-zip-lash-amiibo-bundle/125421

Niiice. So tempting. I'm not really interested in the game, but the amiibo is awfully cute :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #757 on: September 15, 2015, 07:33:23 am »
Gravity Rush Remastered has been announced for release on the PS4 in North America on February 9th and in Europe a day later. It's like Sony is trying to kill off the Vita by porting some of its best exclusives to the PS4. First Tearaway, now this. :-\ Oh well, the Vita was pretty much dead to Sony already in NA anyways. :'(

desocietas

« Reply #758 on: September 15, 2015, 12:13:11 pm »
Hopefully with the new Vita colors and cross-platform ps4/vita games, the Vita will still have a few gems before it goes.  But yeah... no exclusives, and who knows if any of that stuff will come to NA.

And what the heck... no Persona 5 screens/release date  :'(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #759 on: September 15, 2015, 01:05:37 pm »
Hopefully with the new Vita colors and cross-platform ps4/vita games, the Vita will still have a few gems before it goes.  But yeah... no exclusives, and who knows if any of that stuff will come to NA.

Out of all it's new colour variants, North America is unfortunately only getting the blue Vita (and it's a GameStop exclusive). I have some interest in buying it since it'll match my blue PSP 2000 (and I've yet to buy a 2000 model Vita), but I don't think it's really going to get a whole lot of people interested in the system at this point. I'd say it still has a few more years at best in NA just from all the JRPGs and other Japanese stuff that seems to be getting a fair amount of support from third-party developers and publishers.

And what the heck... no Persona 5 screens/release date  :'(

We should hopefully hear something regarding P5 on the 19th.

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/persona-5-coming-soon-teaser-site-surfaces

abe

« Reply #760 on: September 16, 2015, 05:31:42 pm »
Atlus has announced Stella Glow's launch edition. It comes with a "song magic" music CD, a "cloth poster", and what I'm assuming is a rubber cell phone strap type thing. Of course, it all comes in a fancy outer box. Atlus' launch bonuses seem to be getting better and better lately, which is nice since they've also been getting more expensive too.

abe

« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2015, 09:01:41 am »
Persona 5 got delayed to Summer 2016 in Japan, this isn't a good sign for the North American release. :'(

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/persona-5-will-release-in-japan-in-summer-2016/

desocietas

« Reply #762 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:17 am »
Persona 5 got delayed to Summer 2016 in Japan, this isn't a good sign for the North American release. :'(

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/persona-5-will-release-in-japan-in-summer-2016/

Yeah, but that trailer is so good! I can wait if it will be as good as it looks.

Also, this gives me time to finish 3 and 4 ...    ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:50:04 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #763 on: September 17, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »

Never even heard of this game but this image alone got me to pre-order today. :)

desocietas

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:54:29 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas