Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors  (Read 2655 times)

Hyrule Warriors
« on: May 21, 2014, 12:48:40 pm »
Before it's E3 reveal, Famitsu has info on the game and it's sounding pretty cool, with there being multiple characters to play as in the game, along with it being a two player game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-hyrule-warriors-details-2-player-mode-and-more/

- Official pricing: Retail – 7,980 yen, eShop – 6,980, Premium Box Set – 11,664
- Premium set includes a Triforce-shaped clock and serial codes for 6 special costumes
- A “Treasure Box” will also be available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei’s online store “GAMECITY”
- No details on the Treasure Box yet
- Link, an in-training soldier, must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia, who has been turned evil somehow
- Famitsu confirms a 2-player mode in which one person plays on the GamePad and the other plays on the TV
- GamePad acts as a menu when playing alone
- Can equip characters with different weapons to change the way they fight
- Weapons include speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage
- Game includes a weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
- Musou action combined with the Zelda series’ Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots
- Zelda series’ spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise
- Bombs won’t be used for just throwing at enemies
- Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
- There will be several other playable characters
- Aonuma was surprised by how many characters there are
- Playable at E3 2014 next month
- 70% complete

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Hyrule Warriors
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 01:08:58 pm »
Very cool. But being that it's a Dynasty Warriors game, I think all that really matters is lots and lots of action with very little slowdown, nice looking graphics, and cool Zelda Easter Eggs.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:12:17 pm »
Very cool. But being that it's a Dynasty Warriors game, I think all that really matters is lots and lots of action with very little slowdown, nice looking graphics, and cool Zelda Easter Eggs.

True, but it sounds like it'll be a fun take on the Zelda property for sure.  I like the idea that Link is a soldier this time in the army rather than just starting out as someone who has zero skills as a fighter, but just happens to be this great fighter lol

argyle

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:20:00 pm »
Nice, and sounds like it may make it out this year too!  :)

I'm a huge DW fan, so combining that with Zelda is like chocolate & peanut butter.  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:36:55 pm »
Graphics look pretty nice.  Treasure Box sounds interesting.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 09:40:14 am »
Being that I've never played Hyrule Warriors, this does have me interested being that its a Zelda game and I will give Nintendo my support so I will pick this up.

blipcs76

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:36 am »
I'm increasingly interested in this game the more I see.  But honestly there's not much more to look forward on Wii U this year  :'(  Hopefully Nintendo proves me wrong at E3, but I fear I'm going to have at best 4 Wii U games on my radar for the remainder of the year (including Mario Kart 8, which lands in just over a week.(

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »
7,900 yen! Damn that's a lot. Why are new games so much more over there?

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »
Here's screenshots for the game, with some nice ones of Impa who is a playable character.

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-a-bunch-more-hyrule-warriors-screenshots-275228.phtml

Links design is good also.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 05:01:50 am »
My hype level for this is off the charts....  Zelda and Warriors are some of my favorite series....  Never in a million years did I think this crossover dream would come true....  Hell....  It was such a "when pigs fly" idea that it had never even crossed my mind before....  There is a god....

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 09:20:04 am »

How does that translate to US dollars?

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »
Dollar to Yen currency exchange is currently around $102.  7900 yen/$102 ~ $75 - $78

Please check out the games I have for sale.

heavengeance

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 07:34:40 pm »
Looks pretty great, went ahead and pre ordered the Treasure Box just in case I want it, not sure if I'll keep it. Rather just hope we get a similar edition in the US.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 07:37:43 pm »

Japan had like a 500% tax jump a few months ago. They are basically the Asia Canada now.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Japan had like a 500% tax jump a few months ago. They are basically the Asia Canada now.

Yeah, if they were worried about Japanese citizens importing foreign versions before....