Author Topic: Galaga for NES info...  (Read 1297 times)

nintendojuggalo

Galaga for NES info...
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »
The subtitle on the cart clearly reads "Demons of Death". Not sure why this was rejected. Also, the cart art for Gun. Smoke was correct. I didn't create it, Capcom did.

foxhack

Re: Galaga for NES info...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:35:07 pm »
1: The official name is Galaga. That subtitle isn't part of the game title.

2: That's a cart art variant, it should go in a separate listing. See here.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:24:53 pm »
That Galaga title never made any sense to me. They're aliens, not demons

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 12:24:52 pm »
So what makes it "official". Abadox for the NES is "Abadox: The Deadly Inner War". Is that subtitle unofficial too?

haloofthesun

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 02:19:18 pm »
For what it's worth, my cart of Galaga has the subtitle on the label and the "spine" label, and my box has the subtitle on every side. I don't really care, but that seems pretty official to me.

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »
If its on the box, that would be the official name for it. Even if the spine of the cart only says Galaga or something. It might only be a regional alt-name, but if it's on the box, seems pretty legit to me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »
So what makes it "official". Abadox for the NES is "Abadox: The Deadly Inner War". Is that subtitle unofficial too?

... in my opinion?

That shouldn't be in the title. It's not in the game's title screen, or if it's not used in official press releases it's just a box art tag.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 04:42:10 am »
/grabs popcorn

I have decided to reserve opinion, but would like to watch how this debate unfolds....

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 11:08:38 am »
Share the popcorn, dammit.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »
Share the popcorn, dammit.

No way~!  As soon as I do I'll be involve....  Besides, stop breaking the fourth wall....

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 03:14:14 pm »
So it's pretty much "I don't like it that way" therefore it's not official. It's like another update I did where "Rush 'n Attack" alternate name was Green Baret, but I guess that's not good either.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 04:01:51 pm »
So it's pretty much "I don't like it that way" therefore it's not official. It's like another update I did where "Rush 'n Attack" alternate name was Green Baret, but I guess that's not good either.

I haven't seen that one pop up in the queue. Green Beret (not Baret) is a valid alternate name since that was the Japanese arcade release title. Wikipedia says it was called that in Europe, too.

Edit: Wikipedia says the game was released as "Green Beret" on the FDS. Therefore, valid.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:08:12 pm by foxhack »

soera

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 06:06:34 pm »
I reject these things. No one comes here looking for "Green Beret" when they are trying to find Rush`n Attack. The purpose of an alt title is for help in searching for items.

soera

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »
If there is a want for "subtitles", Im sure an additional spot can be added.