Author Topic: NES 5 screw vs. 3 screw  (Read 2657 times)

tpugmire

NES 5 screw vs. 3 screw
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:54 am »
Should we be listing these separately or not worry about them at all?  Opinions?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

Re: NES 5 screw vs. 3 screw
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:56 pm »
As in the number of screws in the bottom of the console itself? I'd say don't worry about it. Then again. It'd be like the Sony's consoles, where there are 500 variants of the PS1, 2 and 3. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:26:56 pm »
> scott
> As in the number of screws in the bottom of the console itself? I'd say don't worry about it. Then again. It'd be like the Sony's consoles, where there are 500 variants of the PS1, 2 and 3. ha

As in the actual carts themselves.

Man I'm really torn on this one. The completionist in me really want to list all variants but I don't know how valuable that'l be to a collector. Personally it's of little value. I think we need a few more voices to decide.

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »
Apparently I don't pay much attention to NES carts... ha :|
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:40:17 pm »
If this site is meant to be geared towards hobbiests I think it should be added to the optional details for the NES.

And perhaps the Label type under the notes as well.

matt

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:51:47 pm »
Since we are attempted to track all variations I think we should have a separate entry for each variation

The casual user won't care and just add their first results but an enthusiast can select the appropriate one to help complete the collection.

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »
I started adding a few that I have, and I've also created listings for their 3 screw counterparts
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com