Author Topic: what do you think was one of the biggest screwups by a game company?  (Read 2586 times)

Re: what do you think was one of the biggest screwups by a game company?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 11:58:21 am »
Konami made a Gurren Laggan MMORPG and decided to send out a Beta of the game in a spiral key zip drive (in the shape of the spiral key from the anime). The beta corrupted the hard drive of EVERY computer it was installed on. Konami canceled the game and sent out replacement hard drives to everyone that received the beta.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 02:10:49 pm »
Square remaking every FF game so far except FF9 & 7.

I actually liked 9 better than 7.

But I'd love to see a remake of either or (preferably) both.

They remade like 5 games.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 02:11:34 pm »
I thought of this thread among recent news of the possibility that the later blitz games were one of the biggest hits to middays financial stability. If you remember, in the original few blitz games, nfl offered the license, but midway refused. In the end, after being forced to use fake teams for years, the same hit series came and helped with their death.

Wasn't the first game called NFL Blitz?  I don't think Midway ever refused to use the NFL license.  :o

Your not reading from a post-ea monopoly perspective.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 02:14:29 pm »

But this really didn't have much impact other than only maybe  taking like 5% of SNES sales. and having a few people jumping ship.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »

1-4 have been remade (multiple times). FF Tactics was remade. FF X and X 2 are now in HD. and the entire Kingdom Hearts series has had an HD makeover. Even FF8 was given an HD makeover.

They have skipped 7 & 9. :(

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 05:43:21 pm »

So yes they trade like 5 games, enhanced ports and the same game at a higher res I dont believe one could seriously call a remake.

1-4 have been remade (multiple times). FF Tactics was remade. FF X and X 2 are now in HD. and the entire Kingdom Hearts series has had an HD makeover. Even FF8 was given an HD makeover.

They have skipped 7 & 9. :(

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:15 pm »
EA's management of their studios and the Origin Program is still a HUGE work in progress.  I remember having to deal with customer service just to activate one game.   >:(

Please check out the games I have for sale.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »
So yes they trade like 5 games, enhanced ports and the same game at a higher res I dont believe one could seriously call a remake.

True. When I say re-make I mean more in the "Shadow of the Colossus HD" sense and less in the "Metriod Zero Mission" sense.