Author Topic: Buying just to upload  (Read 1153 times)

hexen

Buying just to upload
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »
Today I was at a garage sale and there where 2 Gamecube games for sale at 2 dollars each - Shark Tale and Super Monkey Ball 2. I usually wouldn't have bought the pair, even at that low a price, but I did anywho so I could upload any missing information in the Database. So, what I'm wondering is if anyone else has done this (assuming the price was low enough.)
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

tpugmire

Re: Buying just to upload
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:12:28 pm »
I haven't purchased anything solely for the site, but way back when I first got promoted, I borrowed lots of stuff from a few friends to upload.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 04:19:44 pm »
I went to a recycled/reuse spot yesterday and found a lot of games in their locked cabinet...  I knew a lot of it was crap and nothing I'd ever play, but I was very tempted to buy a bunch just to add them to the site!  Good thing I didn't, because the site probably already had a lot of the titles...  But yes! I was in your same position!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:00:08 am »
awww I really appreciate everything you guys do for the site! I tend to buy anything as long as it's under $2 or so and then promptly update the database.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »
Luckily I don't have to do that since all cover art and info is available at Steam. Ha. :p I have a ton of stuff that needs covers, but my scanners suck.

I do search cover upload sites for missing info like UPC codes, rating, part numbers, etc.

scott

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:47:26 am »
I've looked for complete accessories for a couple systems, just so i could scan the boxes. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 09:32:34 am »
That reminds me, I have to fish out all those Dreamcast lightguns I have to take pictures of / scan the boxes.