Author Topic: New Years Resolutions  (Read 7297 times)

madmax

New Years Resolutions
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:47:36 am »
Alright lets hear them, what are your new years resolutions?

I want to,

- Follow a workout schedule, gain weight/muscle mass
- Make something (App/game/book/something)
- Contribute more effort to making VGCollect grow (tenfold)

forte

Re: New Years Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:06 am »
I think mine are too naughty to talk about here ;o

But I certainly want to finish my Mega Man collection, which I'm down to needing about 5 games now.

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:59:11 am »
My resolution is to not take any resolutions so I won't end up disappointed that I didn't keep them when I get to the end of the year... though I did sort of keep one from last year, that being getting a good job (web developer at 3 of the local museums, paid almost 25$/hour... I'm only considered a "temp" there right now (even though I've been working there since March), but I have a job interview soon to make that a permanent position). I'd love to resolve to "write more" (as in, a book I'm working on), but I'm way too lazy/busy to own up to that :P

On the game collecting side of things... I guess making my wishlist a bit shorter, but nothing really specific yet. I'll put a "maybe" resolution to get a pinball machine too, if I can find a cool one for a good price.

madmax

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:33:43 am »
I didn't make any collection resolutions..hmm

Expanding my collection to about 50 FF games seems reasonable. Maybe try to get FFIII (US)

If you don't mind asking @jobocan , What museums do you work for?

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:17:11 pm »
Canada Aviation and Space Museum, Canada Agriculture Museum, Canada Science and Technology Museum. Our sites are kinda crappy now (due to the fact that they were made 15 years ago... my job is basically to maintain them and make sure they don't break/try to improve them bit by bit), but that's gonna change sometime this year.... hopefully.

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:18:12 pm »
Here is my short list:

• Continue my workout routine and incorporate more weights training.

• Run a 10 mile race and a few 8ks

• Pay off credit card debt

• Continue to grow VGCollect

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »
My resolution last year was to lose weight and Im proud to say I have lost 85 pounds and I guess this year would be to keep the weight off.
I think this year to I want to go to college and find a better job, also keep in touch more with old friends, I have a bad habit of saying I want to hang out with someone but never really make plans.

Oh and collecting-wise I wanna finally get to the 1000 mark and help out more on the site, whatever I can do =]

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:37:02 am »
Woot! @kingrat101 congrats on the weight loss. That's an awesome accomplishment!

darko

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:00:22 am »
My resolutions are to pay off credit card debt (achievable) and to lose about 30lbs (achievable).

I typically lose 10-20lbs after the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. I'm only at 180 so I'm not huge by any means, but I look much better at 150 :)

scott

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:54:32 am »
My goals are also to get back in shape both physically and financially, 2011 kinda destroyed me. Perhaps finish I'll off the Castlevania collection, but I hope to be debt free able to have a decent size savings by the end of the year.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 09:24:27 am »
Me and a good friend have done this for a few years now, but we make a list of games we have in progress, and then as we go through the year, finish off what we can. I had Gears 2 hanging over my head for almost 2 years, and just sat down one weekend and busted it out. Also, I was so immersed in Super Mario Galaxy, and just stopped it cold turkey when Halo 3 came out. That was a huge blemish on my gaming schedule. When I finally sat down to finish it, I was so happy....what a great game. I own 2, but haven't started it until I can commit to playing it all the way through. Also, this year I plan on taping my DK arcade attempts and submitting my high score to twingalaxies. Right now I'm at 331,400 which would be number 31 in the world. I'd love to break the top 20. As a funny side note, my best friend calls me Bretty Mitchell :)
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

madmax

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:13 am »
My goals are also to get back in shape financially........ Perhaps finish I'll off the Castlevania collection,.....

These 2 contradict each other xD

I kid, I kid

Seems like a lot of people want to get back into shape financially. Hopefully this recession and job shortage ends soon and the economy can flow a little more freely.

scott

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:14 am »
@madmax, that's why it's a "perhaps". :P

Of course, I'm only missing 5 games, not counting variations. But some of them are the most expensive ones in the series. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 09:44:23 am »
Get a job. A real job.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »
we make a list of games we have in progress, and then as we go through the year, finish off what we can.

I like that idea!  I want to find a good backlog website, but I just can't look at backloggery... anyone else have suggestions outside of just pen 'n' paper?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas