Author Topic: Database help  (Read 2206 times)

Database help
« on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:03 am »
Where would My Metal Triforce cut out go in the browse sevtion/ daatabase.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

foxhack

Re: Database help
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:09:34 am »
... Swag?

Didn't you already add that earlier this week?

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »
... Swag?

Yeah but it was deleted. So I'm guessing that I put it in the wrong place, unless it was moved.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 04:41:30 pm »
... Swag?

Yeah but it was deleted. So I'm guessing that I put it in the wrong place, unless it was moved.

*scratches head*

*checks history, finds old address, sees a deleted listing*

I didn't do anything to the item. So if anyone deleted or merged it, it wasn't me.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:47 pm »
... Swag?

*scratches head*

*checks history, finds old address, sees a deleted listing*

I didn't do anything to the item. So if anyone deleted or merged it, it wasn't me.

Aww  :'(

Pass that buck this way; why dontcha?!  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:53 am »
Are homemade items allowed on the site? In theory I could draw a bunch of pictures of Pac-Man and make an entry for every one.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:48:07 am »
Are homemade items allowed on the site? In theory I could draw a bunch of pictures of Pac-Man and make an entry for every one.
;D

karyann

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:33:54 am »

That's a good question. One-of-a-kind items are, well, one of a kind, so only one person would own them too.

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 11:33:47 am »
Homemade items, if allowed, would likely lead to modded or custom consoles. Say I painted my Genesis blue, I would be able to add it? (I didn't do such a heresy, don't worry)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:40 pm »
Interresting, so what would happen with this:

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:07 pm »

That's a good question. One-of-a-kind items are, well, one of a kind, so only one person would own them too.

We've had threads about people making their own homemade stuff before, but I'm not sure if they'd be allowed to have a database listing or not. I don't think we ever discussed that.

And we already have listings for one of a kind items. Like so. I also have a bunch of items that nobody else is likely to own (like my Chinese bootleg game movies / stuff, etc.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:29:00 pm by foxhack »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 04:22:20 pm »

We've had threads about people making their own homemade stuff before, but I'm not sure if they'd be allowed to have a database listing or not. I don't think we ever discussed that.

And we already have listings for one of a kind items. Like so. I also have a bunch of items that nobody else is likely to own (like my Chinese bootleg game movies / stuff, etc.)

I really don't care what people want to count/consider part of their collection -but- IMO, having something for "one-of-a-kind, unofficial" and/or "homemade" items on a site like VGC would just be stupid & counter-productive.

Why?

Because the "C" in VGC is for *COLLECT*

Point being, if there's only 1 of some (unofficial) item...other than for 1 person...there's none to COLLECT!

Sure, we could both have the identical (let's say) Vita -and- I happen to get in a "Home-made" kind of mood & use a brush from a bottle of White Out to put a line/stripe on it ==>

==>TL;DR

Not wort even one more keystro...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"