Author Topic: Petition to get DQ VII 3DS and DQX outside of Asian countries.  (Read 3881 times)

soera

https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-7-3ds-and-dragon-quest-10-on-wii-u-pc-to-the-us-and-europe

Really hope something like this shows Square Enix that other cultures besides Japanese want to play DQ games.

abe

Re: Petition to get DQ VII 3DS and DQX outside of Asian countries.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »
It's been waaaaaaaay too long since SquareEnix localized any DQ games. I really hope petitions like these can make a difference. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:08:25 pm »
Since we're on the subject and all, was there any cheaper re-releases of DW IV on NES? That was by far my favorite NES entry in the series, but it goes for extraordinary prices.

abe

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 02:28:53 pm »
Since we're on the subject and all, was there any cheaper re-releases of DW IV on NES? That was by far my favorite NES entry in the series, but it goes for extraordinary prices.

There's a DS remake of DW IV called Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the chosen. Although it's not as expensive to get as the NES original, it's starting to go up in price.

argyle

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 02:56:42 pm »
Signed.  I can kinda understand them not localizing X because of the online portion - server requirements, etc.  (same way I can *kinda* understand that about Sega & PSO2, but that doesn't mean I like it :P)  But VII?  There's zero excuse.   ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:03:37 pm »
Alright, I signed it.  I won't play it, but I signed it so you DQ people can quit your yammering. 

If you can go an extra mile and get Atlus to publish it, my wife will buy it.  For some reason she's hung up on buying Atlus games.

soera

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:11 pm »
Heh if thats what it takes! :)

And your wife has good taste (in games anyhow ... her taste in husbands is obviously weird). At least its not something like Color Dreams or LJN.

soera

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:38 pm »
Signed.  I can kinda understand them not localizing X because of the online portion - server requirements, etc.  (same way I can *kinda* understand that about Sega & PSO2, but that doesn't mean I like it :P)  But VII?  There's zero excuse.   ???

I agree on VII. There really is no reason to not do it.

abe

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:37 pm »
Don't forget the two 3DS remakes of the first two Dragon Warrior Monsters games! DQ VII's remake and DQ X aren't the only releases SquareEnix have been neglecting. :'(

*Fixed part of this for you. :) *
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:45:45 pm by soera »

argyle

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »
Don't forget the two 3DS remakes of the first two Dragon Warrior Monsters games! DQ XII's remake and DQ X aren't the only releases SquareEnix have been neglecting. :'(

I didn't even know they had remade those!   :o
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 03:44:45 pm »
One step at a time. Im afraid if they released the monster games first, sales may not be up to the outrageous sales level they expect and chances of anything following would be even less likely than what we are getting already.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »
Signed 'cuz Soera  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »
Signed it. I've been pretty mad at how Square Enix has handled the franchise in the last few years, seeing as how they feel that DQ doesn't really matter to the Western market. Those ds remakes of dq iv, v, and vi had to be mostly promoted by nintendo since square enix didn't feel like promoting it and localizing it to the states. I would like to get the chance to play  the dragon quest vii 3ds remake, since I've heard alot of good things about it.

abe

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 09:07:35 pm »
Don't forget the two 3DS remakes of the first two Dragon Warrior Monsters games! DQ VII's remake and DQ X aren't the only releases SquareEnix have been neglecting. :'(

*Fixed part of this for you. :) *

Wow, thanks for the stealthy admin edit. Took me a couple moments to realize the error I had made. Or maybe it wasn't an error. :o Seeing as SquareEnix definitely didn't release a DQ XII remake yet, because they haven't even released DQ XII yet. :P Yeah, I like that excuse. 8)

argyle

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:17 pm »
Signed it. I've been pretty mad at how Square Enix has handled the franchise in the last few years, seeing as how they feel that DQ doesn't really matter to the Western market. Those ds remakes of dq iv, v, and vi had to be mostly promoted by nintendo since square enix didn't feel like promoting it and localizing it to the states. I would like to get the chance to play  the dragon quest vii 3ds remake, since I've heard alot of good things about it.

I'm hoping that their new-found insight that we actually do still like traditional RPGs thanks to the great sales of Bravely Default will prompt them to localize it.

Oh, and welcome to the site!  :D