Author Topic: UPDATE - Happy New Year!  (Read 3535 times)

matt

UPDATE - Happy New Year!
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:57 am »
From all of us at VGCollect we wish you all a happy New Year! As we wrap up 2011 I just really wanted to take some time to thank everyone who has helped contribute to my little project. As most of you already know, we have only been around for about 10 months now. It all started out when I just wanted to create a service that I personally would want to use and just hoped others would enjoy it as well. We started out with a small database of about 3000 games and 2 users, me and @scott. With your input the site has grown in features, users, members and community. I've made it my goal to listen to your needs and use your feedback to continue to grow and evolve this into a service that every collector, casual or hardcore would use.

So seeing as I love transparency and statistics, I want to start doing a monthly post on the status of VGCollect. Here is the current status of the site:

Users

Month: Oct.
New Users: 305
Daily Average: 10

Month: Nov.
New Users: 308
Daily Average: 10

Month: Dec.
New Users: 421
Daily Average: 14

At the end of December we now have 2527 users.

Items

New Items: 838
Daily Average: 27
Edits: 2293
Daily Average Edits: 73

New Items: 838
Daily Average: 28
Edits: 1277
Daily Average Edits: 43

New Items: 495
Daily Average: 16
Edits: 2043
Daily Average Edits: 66

At the end of December we now have 19715 total items in the database. A huge jump from the 3000 we started with!

Collections

New Additions: NA
Daily Average: NA

New Additions: NA
Daily Average: NA

New Additions: 10,119
Daily Average: 329

This is my favorite stat: At the end of December, users have a total of 83,677 items in their collections and 3,887 items in their wishlist.

As you can see by these numbers, despite slow forum activity, the site is booming. In just over 10 months we have grown more than I could have ever imagined. So in 2012 our major goal is to simply increase the size and strength of this community. I will continue to be active in development with new features being pushed out each month. Thank you to all who have contributed and volunteered your time to make our database larger and more accurate. VGCollect wouldn't be VGCollect without you!

Have a great 2012 everyone!

Matt

scott

Re: UPDATE - Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:48:55 pm »
Happy New Year! Seriously the amount of growth in this first year is amazing. Let's make 2012 even better. :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »
Awesome stuff. I got in here quite early then if it's been live for 10 months, since I was here back in march (back then I was looking for a site to catalog my collection since playfire became total crap out of nowhere) :P
Nice to know the site is going well, I'm happy to see that people are participating so heavily (minus the forums, but I like the little community we have going on here :P). Hopefully this keeps up! Good job guys!

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:44:20 pm »
Yeah thats great and congrats you guys. I love this site and the community we have here as well.
Keep up the good work and let's make 2012 even better

matt

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:51:11 pm »
@kingrat101 Thanks! I just noticed that you were missing the 600 Item badge so I corrected that.

hexen

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »
I'll continue to tell people with collections about the site. More members means more games means a more complete database, and that is something I truly wish to see. VGcollect will become the most complete collection database on the web.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 09:32:27 pm »
I'll continue to tell people with collections about the site. More members means more games means a more complete database, and that is something I truly wish to see. VGcollect will become the most complete collection database on the web.

I +1 this. Make that +2.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:22 am »
I was using The Backloggery to track my games and still do. Jobocan and myself are/were members of the same forum.  He used this site to post his collection there.  I checked it out and was impressed so I had to join.

madmax

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 05:58:15 am »
Awesome stuff.

Can't wait to see where we are at the end of 2012 ;)