Author Topic: Best Real Life playing Video Game  (Read 1167 times)

90snostalga

Best Real Life playing Video Game
« on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:13 pm »
I was really thinking hard recently about getting into a great life simulator game.  Tomadatchi Life seemed cool but then it didnt looking at all the gameplay.  You just watch everyone around the town.  A friend of mine recommended The Sims for PC but I'm not sure and I also heard about Hometown Story for the 3DS.  Can I get everyone's opinion on the best recommended life simulation game no matter what console with the exception of something online?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Best Real Life playing Video Game
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:49:45 pm »
You could always give "Leisure Suit Larry" (PS2 game) a shot for a kinda-sorta "Life-Simulator" for someone in college...

8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:14:45 pm »
You could always give "Leisure Suit Larry" (PS2 game) a shot for a kinda-sorta "Life-Simulator" for someone in college...

8)

Lol, is that how we get a glimpse into the life of Disgaeniac?   :o  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:16 pm »
Try some visual novel games.

abe

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:00:40 pm »
One of my recent personal favorites is Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS). I sunk 180+ hours into it last summer (it also distracted me from playing SMT IV, which is why I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet :P), I really enjoyed it, though I've found that after a while there's not too much to do. Some people do find the pace to be a bit slow though. It's obviously not a super-realistic life sim, but I find it fun and very relaxing. It's fun to play with friends too. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:53:27 am »

8)

Lol, is that how we get a glimpse into the life of Disgaeniac?   :o  :P

erm...did I reveal too much there?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:30:00 am »
Thanks guys for the recommendations.  Would any of you actually suggest the Sims?  Anyone played it religiously?

argyle

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:29 am »
Thanks guys for the recommendations.  Would any of you actually suggest the Sims?  Anyone played it religiously?

My wife does, so I have some second-hand knowledge.  Not my kinda game, but she enjoys it - she mainly gets into designing the people & houses tho.  The actual sim part is definitely interesting, and it's probably the best "life sim" type game around. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 11:21:25 am »

For a while, around a year ago I played the Sims 3 quite a bit. The modding community is still quite active, with lots of ways to add even more to the game than the plentiful expansion packs already do (though I found it wasn't really necessary, with the huge amount of official content). I would definitely recommend it, and I'm looking forward to The Sims 4 later this year.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

90snostalga

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 03:23:42 pm »

8)

Lol.  I just watched gameplay of "Larry" and I had no idea on what kind of game it was.  It reminds of the type of college life I wished I had lol.

90snostalga

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »

For a while, around a year ago I played the Sims 3 quite a bit. The modding community is still quite active, with lots of ways to add even more to the game than the plentiful expansion packs already do (though I found it wasn't really necessary, with the huge amount of official content). I would definitely recommend it, and I'm looking forward to The Sims 4 later this year.

I did see one preview for the Sims 4 and it got my attention. I think I may at least give it a try just to say I tried and maybe I'll love it! :D