Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28447 times)

blipcs76

Found the following at an estate sale this weekend.  Paid just under $40:

Some really great titles in there.  Gaiares, Sagaia, Batman & Robin, Bible Adventures, Sword of Vermillion, MK 1&2, Sonic 1-3, etc.  And I had been looking for Darksiders II for Wii U and snatched it here for $5. 

That makes a total of 4 Genesis systems I've acquired in just the past week.  I'm not sure the best way to start thinning out my stack of them (I have like 8 or 9 spares at this point).  They don't sell nearly as easily as Nintendo systems do; locally there's not much interest in Sega -- otherwise I'll have to start throwing them up on eBay or taking them to local game stores to cash them in.  Any other ideas?

karyann

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:44 am »
Some really great titles in there.  Gaiares, Sagaia, Batman & Robin, Bible Adventures, Sword of Vermillion, MK 1&2, Sonic 1-3, etc.  And I had been looking for Darksiders II for Wii U and snatched it here for $5. 

Cool Spot is great too! I suck at this game, but it's pretty fun.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:16:51 am »
Heh, I hit an Estate sale this weekend myself.

No joy on the gaming front -but- there was a lot of really neat, Asian-themed items...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »
A gift from a Polish friend

argyle

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »
You guys ever put a game in your collection just because of the box art?  For example, I don't really collect for the Genesis so I don't know anything about these games, but looking at that pic I'd personally hang onto both Sword of Vermilion & Brutal just because of their artwork. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:31 pm »

That makes a total of 4 Genesis systems I've acquired in just the past week.  I'm not sure the best way to start thinning out my stack of them (I have like 8 or 9 spares at this point).  They don't sell nearly as easily as Nintendo systems do; locally there's not much interest in Sega -- otherwise I'll have to start throwing them up on eBay or taking them to local game stores to cash them in.  Any other ideas?

Very nice! :)

soera

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 01:04:56 pm »
You guys ever put a game in your collection just because of the box art?  For example, I don't really collect for the Genesis so I don't know anything about these games, but looking at that pic I'd personally hang onto both Sword of Vermilion & Brutal just because of their artwork.

I cant comment on Brutal but Sword of Vermilion is worth playing anyhow. I enjoyed that game when it was first released. It was really unique and a cool RPG 16 bit title. Give it a go sometime. Its on the Genesis collection for the PS2 and on the VC for the Wii so its pretty cheap to get access to if you dont have a Genesis handy.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 01:16:18 pm »

I cant comment on Brutal but Sword of Vermilion is worth playing anyhow. I enjoyed that game when it was first released. It was really unique and a cool RPG 16 bit title. Give it a go sometime. Its on the Genesis collection for the PS2 and on the VC for the Wii so its pretty cheap to get access to if you dont have a Genesis handy.

I have one of those "modern" Genesis systems that takes carts & the classic controllers but also has a ton of games built into it, so it may actually be built in there.  I also have the PS3 Genesis collection - dunno if it's on there or not either.  But if I ever come across actual Genesis games in the wild that look interesting at all I pick them up (assuming they're cheap, which they usually are).  Just doesn't seem to happen that often around here.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

blipcs76

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »
I've wanted to give Sword of Vermillion a shot since the early 90's when I saw it in EGM.  I didn't own a Genesis when I was younger though, so I never had the chance until now.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »
A gift from a Polish(ed) friend

Nice!

POLISH(ed) friends are so much better than the other un(POLISH)ed kinds; amirite?!   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »
A gift from a Polish(ed) friend

Nice!

POLISH(ed) friends are so much better than the other un(POLISH)ed kinds; amirite?!   :P

I like Polish better the Police  ;D

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 03:06:09 pm »
Hey guys! It's been ages since I've stopped by to say hi so I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello!"

I'm still plugging away on Sega CD and Sega Saturn full sets, but I've also picked up a new addiction....Metal Slug games on AES!!! Oh my gosh do I love them so! There's really no better definitive game of a genre than Metal Slug. So far I have Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug 4. If you know of anyone selling MS 3 or MS 5 on AES, please contact me!

Other than that I've been playing lots of pinball and filling the rest of  my  time with....boring ol' work! ;)

I hope all you guys are doing well and I still sneak by from time to time to see everyone's goodies. Lot's of collectors here now compared to the old days.

Bye for now!

-Brett
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 03:19:47 pm »
A nice find today, I mean, I've been waiting to find Mary Kate & Ashley Sweet 16: License to Drive FOREVER! So stoked for getting that at the thrift shop.

Oh and I guess I got Pokemon too, but whatever...MARY KATE & ASHLEY!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »

Some great titles there! I've been wanting Championship Pro-Am and Gaiares for a while, now.

pacpix

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:23 am »
Hey guys! It's been ages since I've stopped by to say hi so I just wanted to drop in and say "Hello!"

I'm still plugging away on Sega CD and Sega Saturn full sets, but I've also picked up a new addiction....Metal Slug games on AES!!! Oh my gosh do I love them so! There's really no better definitive game of a genre than Metal Slug. So far I have Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug 4. If you know of anyone selling MS 3 or MS 5 on AES, please contact me!

Other than that I've been playing lots of pinball and filling the rest of  my  time with....boring ol' work! ;)

I hope all you guys are doing well and I still sneak by from time to time to see everyone's goodies. Lot's of collectors here now compared to the old days.

Bye for now!

-Brett
Good to hear from you Brett!  Metal Slug AES games are an expensive addiction to pick up ha  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)