Author Topic: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28452 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »
Swung by Gamestop at lunch and picked up some super cheap-o's:  Battalion Wars II (Wii), Feel the Magic (DS) & Master of the Monster Lair (DS).  Just over $5 total.  :P 

I didn't know what MotML was, but it was marked $1.99 and had the Atlus logo on it, so that was all the convincing I needed!  ;)

Speaking of seldom-seen 'ATLUS'-imprinted DS games...if anyone ever comes across one called "My World, My Way" - I highly recommend it; it's fun, it's ATLUS, and it's adorable (seriously...you can "Pout" your way into just about anything & everything that you could ever want and/or think of)  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »
Swung by Gamestop at lunch and picked up some super cheap-o's:  Battalion Wars II (Wii), Feel the Magic (DS) & Master of the Monster Lair (DS).  Just over $5 total.  :P 

I didn't know what MotML was, but it was marked $1.99 and had the Atlus logo on it, so that was all the convincing I needed!  ;)

Speaking of seldom-seen 'ATLUS'-imprinted DS games...if anyone ever comes across one called "My World, My Way" - I highly recommend it; it's fun, it's ATLUS, and it's adorable (seriously...you can "Pout" your way into just about anything & everything that you could ever want and/or think of)  ;D

I've heard of that one, don't have it though. :P It's interesting, that's one way to put it. Pretty original plot too, har har. Not good, but original. You don't often get games where the main character is on a quest just to get a boyfriend. ::)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2014, 04:45:06 pm »

Hrm, it's about $6 used at Gamestop - but according to their site, not a single store within 100 miles of me, or within 100 miles of anywhere I'll be in the foreseeable future, has it.  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »
Only the best games came with the GBC I found today lol

90snostalga

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »
Only the best games came with the GBC I found today lol

Nsync lol.  the late 90s pop music from when I was a kid. :P

I loved me some Powerpuff Girls !

Nice finds tho! 

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2014, 05:24:09 pm »
Nsync lol.  the late 90s pop music from when I was a kid. :P

I loved me some Powerpuff Girls !

Nice finds tho!

I loved the show, not so sure about the game lol I think it must've been a girl owned Gameboy cause the thing is in great shape alongside with what games it had.

karyann

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2014, 06:04:56 pm »
My World My Way and Master of the Monster's Lair are VERY similar, at least graphically-wise. They look the same and controls are the same, but MotML lets you build a dungeon, while MWMW lets you you visit them. MWMW is definitely awesome though, I totally recommend  ;D MotML I haven't played much, but it still seemed nice.

abe

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »
Yay for cheap PSP games. EB Games had a sale to get rid of all the old PSP stuff that they don't take trade-ins for now.
-Dead or Alive Paradise
-Every Extend Extra
-Kingdom of Paradise
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2
-Traxxpad: Portable Studio (not exactly a game)
-Wipeout: Pulse
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

htimreimer

« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2014, 07:50:27 pm »
so... I got a PS2 with 1 controller, all the cords I need to use it and 2 games for $6 also I have hit the 200 item mark

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »
My World My Way and Master of the Monster's Lair are VERY similar, at least graphically-wise. They look the same and controls are the same, but MotML lets you build a dungeon, while MWMW lets you you visit them. MWMW is definitely awesome though, I totally recommend  ;D MotML I haven't played much, but it still seemed nice.

*Is pleasantly surprised that someone else has played it/knows what it is*  ;D

Hrm, it's about $6 used at Gamestop

That's a great price!

AFAIK, it's been one of the harder to find & costlier DS games for awhile now ==> I'd buy As Many As I Could of cib's @ < $10/per  8)

http://www.amazon.com/My-World-Way-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001L0YT00

argyle

« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2014, 09:28:04 pm »
Definitely won't be CIB, 99.9% odds that will be cart-only everywhere you manage to find it.  Still, just the cart is going for over $20 online.

And I was wrong, it wasn't Master of the Monster's Lair I picked up today, it was Deep Labyrinth.  I had left it in the car & was going by memory & what the MotML cart looked like.  ;)  Atlus game all the same. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »
Definitely won't be CIB, 99.9% odds that will be cart-only everywhere you manage to find it.  Still, just the cart is going for over $20 online.

And I was wrong, it wasn't Master of the Monster's Lair I picked up today, it was Deep Labyrinth.  I had left it in the car & was going by memory & what the MotML cart looked like.  ;)  Atlus game all the same.

IIRC, Deep Labyrinth is not a game that you'd be wanting to play in public - as, I *think* that it's one of "those" DS games that has you either yelling in and/or blowing in the mic a lot  :-[

Anyone play/know anything about Infinite Space for the DS?

I put MWMW in the same charmingly fun, eccentric, & whimsical category as something like a Mr Mosquito.

argyle

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:15 pm »

IIRC, Deep Labyrinth is not a game that you'd be wanting to play in public - as, I *think* that it's one of "those" DS games that has you either yelling in and/or blowing in the mic a lot  :-[

Anyone play/know anything about Infinite Space for the DS?

I put MWMW in the same charmingly fun, eccentric, & whimsical category as something like a Mr Mosquito.

Oh well, $2 for an Atlus game is still OK in my book.  :D  I added the other 2 to my "wanted" list so I'll be on the lookout for them. 

thecrypticodor

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:44 am »

Stopped in few Goodwills and they had Diablo 1&2 as well as the Lords of destruction expansion pack all complete so I scooped them up. Also Picked up Quake II and all those PSP and Xbox games and ICO from another thrift store Everything $3-4 bucks each.

Also picked up some stuff on ebay

Xenoblade Chronicles $60
Zelda PH $15
Eternal Darkness $20
Frankensteins Monster and Airlock together $20
Mountain King $4
Fast Food $5

karyann

« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2014, 09:29:04 am »

*Is pleasantly surprised that someone else has played it/knows what it is*  ;D

Hrm, it's about $6 used at Gamestop

That's a great price!

AFAIK, it's been one of the harder to find & costlier DS games for awhile now ==> I'd buy As Many As I Could of cib's @ < $10/per  8)

http://www.amazon.com/My-World-Way-Nintendo-DS/dp/B001L0YT00

When I bought it last year (or 2 years ago? Can't remember) I bought it "new" (GS new) for $35, but it was going for over $50 used at the time, so I took it anyway. I didn't know about the game before walking in GS that day, but when I saw a pink, cutesy, girly border with ATLUS labeled on it, I went straight to the internet wondering "why the hell is this girly game made by Atlus"  ;D haha.