Author Topic: Wakfu  (Read 1298 times)

desocietas

Wakfu
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »
Is anyone else playing this?  They just opened up the beta to everyone yesterday, so I thought I'd create a character and see what the hubbub was all about...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Re: Wakfu
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »
I played this like a year and half ago when it was being developed by someone else.  Some features I loved about it, others not so much.  I did some reading a few months back and it looks like it's changed a ton since SE took over.

matt

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:58:35 pm »
I had to look it up since I haven't heard much of it. To save everyone else the trouble: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakfu

May have to check it out later tonight. I'll report back if I do.

scott

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:04:19 pm »
I've played Shaq Fu, does that count?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »
Oh yeah, a link to the actual game: http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

I used to love super basic mmorpgs back in the day... with little sprites and a lot of discussion (but no microphones or headsets!).  Tried WoW, couldn't do it... so am curious how long I'll fare with this one.  If anything, it's visually pretty appealing.

@varkias, what was it like back in the day?  I haven't played DOFUS, either, so I don't know if this game is any foundation in its predecessor.

I've played Shaq Fu, does that count?

Ha, yeah, the name's pretty silly.  I dismissed the game completely by the name when I first got an email from SE about it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »
Whoa, Squeenix bought this?

And uh, isn't this some cartoon or something.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
Whoa, Squeenix bought this?

And uh, isn't this some cartoon or something.

Haha, yeah I hadn't heard of it until SE sent me an email about it about a month or so ago... looked like some bad free MMORPG and couldn't make much sense of the stuff I found online.  But I came across a positive review for it in Game Informer or something, so thought I should give it a closer look.

Just played it for two hours or so - pretty interesting so far... let me know if any of you are interested in joining up together sometime to try it out as a group.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 11:27:49 am »
Ok, so I'm enjoying this game despite the bugs.. it's pretty, but since there was a wipe for the open beta, the economy is in the toilet.  That's what happens when there are no NPC vendors... it's all reliant on the players, and money itself needs to be created by players.

Testing out different classes now to see what fits my playstyle.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas