Author Topic: PREVIEW - Collection Pages  (Read 5357 times)

matt

PREVIEW - Collection Pages
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »
Hey all,

I'm trying to solve a problem with the site that drives me crazy. As it stands, you can't see the details of your games unless you click through right into the full item page. This is becoming more and more of an issue to me especially with the sell/trade feature coming soon where you will want to see these details.

To resolve this I'm working up a new design and would love some feedback. You can check out the preview here:

http://vgcollect.com/temp/hover.php

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

EDIT - I pushed it out to all users now.

htimreimer

Re: PREVIEW - Collection Pages
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
its clean and simple i love it

scott

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:51:04 pm »
I'm digging what I've tested so far. And since it's a hover over it doesn't clutter things up.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »
You sure have a lot of copies of 3 on 3 NHL Arcade... :P

I think it looks nice. Simple and easy to use, good stuff. Trying it out like this I had no problem with it.

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:43 pm »
Looks good, the only thing I noticed is that when I clicked on an item, it went to my collection, not the item page.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:48:10 pm »
Well I had fun with this one and was on a roll...so I rolled it out. All collection pages have been updated. Let me know if you have any issues!

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »
I think I may have to make it optional to show the extra details. A lot of users don't user it.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:13:47 pm »
Beautiful!  It'd probably be so many more hours, but it'd be cool if that area where the notes are (or aren't) would be editable :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:40 pm »
Mine's a bit knackered. Chrome, didn't try FF or IE.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4979400/coll.PNG

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 09:31:23 pm »
@kirbysuperstar Try to clear your cache or refresh while holding in left-shift. I tested on all and use Chrome as my main dev browser and didn't see any issues.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »
I think this feature should be disabled for all items on digital platforms. Well. The cart / box / manual thing, anyway. :)

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 09:46:19 pm »
There we go. Cache clear did the trick. Funny that Force Refresh didn't. That's computing!

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »
Beautiful!  It'd probably be so many more hours, but it'd be cool if that area where the notes are (or aren't) would be editable :P

Oooo, I realize *none* of it is editable.  I assumed that those checkboxes could be clicked on, but nope.  I gotcha, just a better visual of the details rather than a modiafiable feature.  Still pretty awesome.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 05:24:06 am »
Awesome, seems to work really well. I did notice that when you update the notes or the checkboxes it doesn't update on the collection right away. Not really a big deal to me though. And it has no problem handling long winded notes, which I have a bunch of.

scott

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 05:29:02 am »
well it updates the notes, on both the collection and the hover. But not the checkboxes on the hover. if that makes sense... I had no sleep and may not be using my words. ha

Edit, nevermind it seems to work now? I refreshed the browser after the 1st one and all the checkboxes updated. I hate being this tired.