Author Topic: Platinumed/100% Achievements ^_^  (Read 3875 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Platinumed/100% Achievements ^_^
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:18:21 pm »
Just for fun...

...well & maybe just a little bit for comparisons, statistics, and (for those so-inclined:) "bragging rights":

Let's each list and keep track of:

A).  Games that we've Platinumed or obtained 100% in and

B).  The game(s) that we're currently playing/working on for our next plat.

For the sake of efficiency & aesthetics...instead of a new post every time one of us plats a game or changes our mind about which plat is up next...let's just update our posts & keep a running total.

MY Plats:

Cross Edge,

Last Rebellion,

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel,

Rainbow Moon,

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness,

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland,

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland,

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland,

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk.

"Working On"/Next Plats:

Right now, I'm about 10 trophies, or so into Atelier Escha + Logy and, after that (since *rumor* has it that TK's finally straightened out their screw-up on the trophy set for Atelier Rorona Plus) - if I'm not too 'Atelier-ed' out - that'll probably be next.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

Re: Platinumed/100% Achievements ^_^
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »
Sounds like fun.  :)

My Plats:

God of War III - April 4, 2010

Toy Story 3 - October 8, 2010

Dante's Inferno - August 5, 2011

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - February 27, 2012

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - April 30, 2012

Trine 2 - May 7, 2012

inFamous 2 - June 13, 2012

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - June 29, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man - July 7, 2012

Sleeping Dogs - August 30, 2012

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - February 12, 2013

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - May 27, 2013

The Walking Dead - May 29, 2013

L.A. Noire - June 6, 2013

Saints Row: The Third - July 22, 2013

Sound Shapes (x3) - November 22, 2013

Working On / Next Plats:

Not sure that I'm working on one right now.  What I mean by that is that part of me wants to put Fallout 3 down for a while and work on something else - and part of me REALLY wants to finish off that plat.  I'm taking most of next week off of work, so we'll see what happens then. :) Besides that, these are the games that I'm *really* close to the plat in but put them down before I earned it for one reason or another - I need to get back to these soon & wrap them up:

Assassin's Creed II - Missing 4 trophies: Vitruvian Man, In Memory of Petruccio, Show Your Colors & Master Assassin (plat).  Basically, I just have to find the rest of the collectables - could probably knock it out in an afternoon with a guide.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Missing 4: For the Hoarder, Clothes Whore, Full Arsenal & South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ Platinum Trophy.  The game screwed me out of For the Hoarder - you have to play the entire game without selling anything.  Apparently, it counted me converting my money to & from Canadian as "selling".  >:( When I pick this one back up, I'll load up a save just before I entered Canada & finish out the plat.

inFamous - Missing 12, but it basically boils down to finishing my hard/evil playthrough & finishing off another one or two along the way.  For a LONG time - I'm talking YEARS - I was stuck on this one missing *1* blast shard piece.  I found that piece earlier this year, was amazed that I had finally found it, so after all of that I am GOING TO FINISH THIS PLAT!!! :D

Burnout: Paradise - Missing 4: 8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium, Complete 10 Freeburn Challenges, Jump over another Player's Car & Burnout Paradise Elite (plat).  I never could end up in a game where 8 ppl would go to the stadium at the same time.  I really wanted this plat, because this is one of my all-time favorite racing games.  Are the servers even still online for this game?  If so, and there are 8 people here who own it & are willing, I'd love to mark this one off of my list.  :)

inFamous: Second Son - basically like the first inFamous, I need to replay it on evil/hard. 

Adventures of Tintin - missing a few but they're all in the bonus mode that unlocks after you beat the game - I have all of the main campaign trophies. Very underrated game. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »
You guys have more patience than I do. I have all of 1 platinum award and thats the Saw game and its pretty easy to 100% if you just play through the game. Thats one of my issues with plat awards is that it requires SO SO much more than just playing through the game. I really had hoped to plat Ni no Kuni but after over 24 hours of just trying to farm a single ingredient, I gave up. It got very boring and I gained nothing from my time invested.

argyle

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:58:55 pm »
The only game on my list that I felt like it was kinda tedious to plat was L.A. Noire.  God of War III *would* have been, but there was a glitch that allowed you to play through the uber-hard mode while invincible (or else I never would have gotten or even attempted that one :P).  The rest I thoroughly enjoyed getting the plat - especially Kingdoms of Amalur, FF XIII-2 and Ni no Kuni.  Just enjoyed every second of those three games, and honestly I was kinda sad I was finally done after getting the plats & there was nothing else to do. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 03:13:13 pm »
The rest I thoroughly enjoyed getting the plat - especially Kingdoms of Amalur and Ni no Kuni.  Just enjoyed every second of those games, and honestly I was kinda sad I was finally done after getting the plats & there was nothing else to do.

These two games were the highlight of my PS3 gaming too. We already talked about the Ni no Kuni plat ... wonder what I missed on Amalur. I may have to go and look. :)

argyle

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 03:23:41 pm »
I 100%'d Skyrim as well, tho I did that on the PC.  Still strongly considering getting that F3 plat.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »
Greg -

Are you familiar with/do you use:

http://ps3trophies.com

If the servers for BP *are* still open...I doubt that you'd have all that much trouble rounding up another 7 or 8 people to help you with that trophy!

*Can't believe that Brad has one plat -and- that it's *NOT* for NNK*  :o

*Waits in corner, eating popcorn...for Kashell to blow this thread up*  8)

karyann

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »
Wow, you're both patient to have platinum-ed so many games, especially all these RPGs  :o I only have 2:

Wipeout 2 (It was pretty easy after ~450 hours on this game. The joys of QA testing  ::) )
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

I'd love to get more platinums, but these days I'm trying to try more games than I own and never played, instead of trying to complete ones I already played a lot.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
Greg -

Are you familiar with/do you use:

http://ps3trophies.com

Yes, but I prefer http://www.playstationtrophies.org :)

Wow, you're both patient to have platinum-ed so many games, especially all these RPGs  :o I only have 2:

Wipeout 2 (It was pretty easy after ~450 hours on this game. The joys of QA testing  ::) )
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

I'd love to get more platinums, but these days I'm trying to try more games than I own and never played, instead of trying to complete ones I already played a lot.

It just depends on if the game hooks me or not - you'll notice I haven't gotten a single one this year. ;) Heck, I've played games this year that I didn't think were worth my time to finish, let alone platinum. 

soera

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 04:13:23 pm »
*Can't believe that Brad has one plat -and- that it's *NOT* for NNK*  :o

It should be Ni no Kuni !!!! I will eventually do it. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »
I usually can't get 100% because I simply don't game online on my Xbox. I have the original model 360, which you have to have the internet directly wired into it. And I have the Xbox in my man-cave, while my modem is in the living room.

I do have a 100% on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY, though. Nothing online on that one. I was quite proud of that achievement since that game is so incredibly massive.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:26 pm »
I've done a few.

http://astats.astats.nl/astats/User_Games.php?PerfectOnly=1&steamID64=76561197978997874&DisplayType=1

I also have like 15 games that have received achievement patches since I completed them. And replaying them... eeeeeeeeeh.

I just wish so many of my games didn't have multiplayer achievements... I play alone for good reasons. Then there's games like Sanctum of Slime which are impossible to 100% on my own because the CPU is braindead and actually hinders any chance of me getting the last achievement I'm missing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:34 pm »
I usually can't get 100% because I simply don't game online on my Xbox. I have the original model 360, which you have to have the internet directly wired into it. And I have the Xbox in my man-cave, while my modem is in the living room.

I do have a 100% on Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GOTY, though. Nothing online on that one. I was quite proud of that achievement since that game is so incredibly massive.

TES Oblivion *IS* a massive game to do everything in!

It released early (pre-trophies) in the PS3's life -but- I spent so much time doing everything in that game that - if there were trophies - I'm sure that I'd have gotten them all  8)

I just wish so many of my games didn't have multiplayer achievements... I play alone for good reasons.

Amen, brother!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:49:15 pm by disgaeniac »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 04:53:49 pm »

Oh yeah, I have 100% on Mahjong, too. But then there's only 3 achievements to get on that one, lol.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 05:18:12 pm »

None of the games I've plat'd have any online trophies - when I see online trophies I pretty much instantly decide I'm not going for that one.  ;) 

That said - I can't recommend this enough for getting wired internet to isolated areas of your house:

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Powerline-Network-Adapter-PLSK400/dp/B006JG5S6U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1405545242&sr=8-4&keywords=ethernet+over+power

That's a newer model than what I have but the same basic principal.  Super easy to setup (just plug it in, basically) and if you ever need to move your modem and/or your consoles, it's a snap to move it someplace else.  I recommend this to anyone that needs to extend internet in their house - more reliable than wireless.