Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports  (Read 18027 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 10:54:45 am »
A new Dragon Quest Monsters game was announced at the Dragon Quest Summer Festival in Japan. No info yet on what system it will be for or when it will release.
Oh boy, I can't wait to not get another Dragon Quest game over here. :'(

Chaos Rings III: The Prequel Trilogy has been announced for release on the Vita on October the 16th in Japan.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 11:01:23 am »
Nice - also new box art for an upcoming Compile Heart PS4 RPG called Omega Quintet:

Standard ed.:

LE:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:16 pm »
A new Dragon Quest Monsters game was announced at the Dragon Quest Summer Festival in Japan. No info yet on what system it will be for or when it will release.
Oh boy, I can't wait to not get another Dragon Quest game over here. :'(

Welcome to the world of DQ ... where you can admire games from overseas.  :-\

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 12:42:35 pm »
Nice - also new box art for an upcoming Compile Heart PS4 RPG called Omega Quintet:

Standard ed.:

LE:

What in the,,.

argyle

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:12 am »
Etrian Odyssey 2 remake announced for 3DS.  Pretty much a lock this one will get localized.

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/etrian-odyssey-2-remake-announced-3ds
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

abe

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:42 am »
Etrian Odyssey 2 remake announced for 3DS.  Pretty much a lock this one will get localized.

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/etrian-odyssey-2-remake-announced-3ds

Yay for more Etrian Odyssey! It probably won't be too long before it gets announced for localization, but I can't imagine that we'll be getting this until some time next year.

In other news, Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 has been announced for the 3DS and the PS Vita (yay). The game is set to release some time this year.

argyle

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »
Yup, I'm happy about both of those.  :) 

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »
Nice, I will definitely be picking that one up if it gets localized.  I missed out on the series on DS, but did get the 3DS remake of Etrian Odyssey 1, and really enjoyed my time with it.  Made it about a quarter of the way through it, but never went back.  I think that is the game I will go back and start playing now in preparation for this. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

abe

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 08:50:42 am »
One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X (Yes, there's an exclamation mark before the end of the title) is set to release in Japan on the 3DS this coming winter (Q4 2014). I wouldn't be too shocked if this one reached North America eventually.

Aside from One Piece, a couple visual novels have also been announced. Rail Wars! and Nisekoi Marriage!? are both set to release on November 27th, 2014 in Japan for the PS Vita.

Last but certainly not least (I'm looking forward to this one the most), a sequel to XBlaze: Code Embryo has been announced! XBlaze: Lost Memories is set to release for the PS3 & Vita in Japan in 2015.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:01:18 am by abe »

argyle

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 09:39:59 am »
I wonder how well Code Embryo sold over here.  I still need to pick that one up. 

EDIT:  The Yokai Watch series NEEDS to come to the US!  The sequel is the #1 selling game in Japan again this week and has almost sold 2 million copies there alone!  For comparison, they recently announced Ni no Kuni sold 1.1 million worldwide, and they consider that a success too.  Never enough Level-5 goodness - here's the trailer for the sequel:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:54:17 am by argyle »

abe

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:37 am »
I wonder how well Code Embryo sold over here.  I still need to pick that one up.

That's a good question. Hopefully it sold well enough for the sequel to get released over here. I don't see why it wouldn't, Aksys is pretty good about localizing all the Blazblue games, including the spinoffs.

abe

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 06:11:13 am »
Lost Dimension for the PS Vita and Senran Kagura 2: Shinku for the 3DS have released today.
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax has also been given a release date of November 14th for the PS3 & PS Vita. It has also gotten a new trailer. I really hope this one makes it to North America, but it's just a fighting game. Importing it and playing it wouldn't be too difficult.
Aside from that, Arc System Works has announced that they're remaking a Famicom game for the PS3. Specifically, one of the Kunio-kun games, Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai. It is set to release some time this winter in Japan.

abe

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 05:06:32 am »
A bunch of stuff today. :)

Chaos;Child releases for the XBone (odd choice of platform for a visual novel) on November 27th, 2014. Chaos;Child is the fourth visual novel in 5pb.'s "Science Adventure" series. The only one we've gotten a North American release for was a PC version of Steins;Gate, so unfortunately it's unlikely we'll see this one localized.

M3 The Dark Metal: Mission Memento Mori releases for the PS Vita on November 20th, 2014. M3 The Dark Metal is based of the anime of the same name which is currently airing in Japan.

Kamen Rider: SummonRide
releases on the WiiU and PS3 some time this December. The game is a lot like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. As you would expect, it has Kamen rider related characters for figurines.

abe

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 06:37:36 am »
Hiroshi Iuchi, the creator of Ikaruga has announced that a new shmup called Ubusuna is in development for the PS4. There's been no mention of a release date yet, but it has been announced that it will be a digital download only.

argyle

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »
I'm interested in that shooter - I suck at shmups, but I still enjoy playing them from time to time.  :)

I had missed your previous post when it first went up, but reading it now I'd say it's a pretty safe bet we'll never see any of those 3 games in the West.  :P