Author Topic: Your number 1 game of all time?  (Read 9235 times)

blipcs76

Re: Your number 1 game of all time?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 01:34:40 pm »
My go-to answer is usually Asteroids.  Its simple, fun and quick to play.

Close 2nd place games would be Castlevania SOTN and Resident Evil 4.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »
Final Fantasy VI!
More than 7 and 4?

Yep. I really enjoyed 7 and 4 was a good game but I think it comes down too is that I played VI at just the right age. I was around 11 at the time it came out so I had tons of free time to play it. It was really my first RPG that I remember playing. I just have really fond memorys of the game and its my go to game for when I'm feeling down. When 7 came out a few years later I had started getting into music (playing clarinet in the school band and learning guitar and bass and just listening to new stuff)and that was taking up more of my life at that point so I did not sit down and play it for long periods of time and bond with that game. 4 I didn't play until i was an adult so I'm not sure if I've even gotten through that one.
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up."
     Setzer  FFVI

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:29 pm »
star wars battlefront 2
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »
Gotta go with oblivion.  Played hundreds of hours and never came close to beating all of it and played on tons of characters.  Never had as much fun with anything or had fun for as long as with oblivion.  Don't know why they made such a big deal about skyrim just a dumbed down version of oblivion.

maximo310

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 07:58:24 pm »
Super Mario Sunshine. For some reason, that game holds the most memories from when I was a kid, plus I liked some of the differences in enviornment and gameplay changes compared to other games in the series. In addition, its also a very glitchy game at some points, which is great to exploit with some friends. Plus, water.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:25 pm »
Oh man, those last 3 posts had some great choices!

Super Mario Sunshine was a blast to play. It felt like a better 3D Mario game than Super Mario 64 did to me, SM64 was just too big and empty for me. And the controls are infuriatingly touchy. SMS is also just a gorgeous GameCube game.

SW: Battlefront is just mass chaos unleashed upon the Star Wars Universe, and I love it!

And Oblivion is my 2nd favorite game of all time, right after Super Metroid. I 100%ed achievements on it, beat the main-quest and all guild quests, Shimmering Isles story, and The Knights of the Nine storyline. I feel, even after exaustively playing Morrowind and Skyrim as well, that Oblivion is the greatest Elder Scrolls game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:55:03 pm by burningdoom »

scott

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 09:52:05 pm »
Oh man, Super Mario Sunshine was a wonderful game. I need to go back to is soon... but damn that Delfino Plaza song gets stuck in my head.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 12:30:51 pm »
I asked this question on our Facebook page last night and got some interesting replies.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

90snostalga

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 12:45:55 pm »
I'm with Turf on this one, in that my favorite game of all time would probably change over time and I cannot give a definite number one.  But at this day and specific time, my top would be a tie between

*  Shenmue 2

*  The Legend of Zelda (NES)

*  Super Mario Bros. 3

*  All Generation 1 Pokemon games (Blue, Red and Yellow)

dreama1

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »
I'm with Turf on this one, in that my favorite game of all time would probably change over time and I cannot give a definite number one.  But at this day and specific time, my top would be a tie between

*  Shenmue 2

*  The Legend of Zelda (NES)

*  Super Mario Bros. 3

*  All Generation 1 Pokemon games (Blue, Red and Yellow)
It's been over 10 years since shenmue 2 came out it's probably pretty safe.

dreama1

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 08:35:09 pm »
Was expecting more shocking games that i've never heard of, not games I could of guessed.  :-\

abe

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 09:06:17 pm »
Gotta go with oblivion.  Played hundreds of hours and never came close to beating all of it and played on tons of characters.  Never had as much fun with anything or had fun for as long as with oblivion.  Don't know why they made such a big deal about skyrim just a dumbed down version of oblivion.

Why pick on Skyrim? Oblivion has less depth than it's predecessor as well, Morrowind. :-\
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 09:36:05 pm »

Why pick on Skyrim? Oblivion has less depth than it's predecessor as well, Morrowind. :-\

I never could get into Oblivion (or Morrowind for that matter) even tho I tried over & over.  Skyrim clicked with me right away & I loved it, couldn't put it down. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »

I never could get into Oblivion (or Morrowind for that matter) even tho I tried over & over.  Skyrim clicked with me right away & I loved it, couldn't put it down.

Of the three, I've only played Oblivion. Despite putting in 100+ hours combined in the PC & PS3 versions, I've never actually gotten around to finishing it. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:23 pm »

Of the three, I've only played Oblivion. Despite putting in 100+ hours combined in the PC & PS3 versions, I've never actually gotten around to finishing it. :P

Morrowind was a very good game, but oblivion implementing the difficulty scale with level in such a seamless way is still revolutionary IMO.  Also the biggest difference between morrowind and oblivion that I like better with oblivion was quest tracking.  Some people enjoy hunting for people throughout an entire city or just guessing on where a dungeon may be and spend a long time searching, but I get way too frustrated :p  And Skyrim was also a good game, but too easily taken advantage of.  Once you can enchant your own armor with high level enchants you can stack % damage with certain weapons on your whole armor set and even on hardest difficulty I could kill dragons in a few hits.  For a while its a good game just had too many ways to make yourself too strong.  Also loved magic in oblivion, but the having a spell in each hand thing in skyrim made it a pain to do.  Also it is very weak compared to any warrior or rogue or whatever with the damage enchants on armor.