Author Topic: Your number 1 game of all time?  (Read 9183 times)

Re: Your number 1 game of all time?
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
DOOM (I (& II) on PC)

This game will always be my number 1 game of all time, because it simply blew me away back then.
I'm still playing the first two games all the time. It's simple and raw, perfect for what it is and does.

The graphics and audio is burned into my eyes and ears. Moving through the game is just muscle memory ;)

sin2beta

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »
Phantasy Star (SMS)

Hey stranger, Sin2beta.  Nice seeing you around the parts lol  ;)  Thought you forgot about us

Never. But, my oh my, how the time does fly by.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 12:21:32 am »
DOOM (I (& II) on PC)

This game will always be my number 1 game of all time, because it simply blew me away back then.
I'm still playing the first two games all the time. It's simple and raw, perfect for what it is and does.

The graphics and audio is burned into my eyes and ears. Moving through the game is just muscle memory ;)

You know... now that I think about it. I play the hell out of this game and have it on a dozen platforms... But I never think about it when flipping through the "games I love" rolodex.

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 12:44:09 am »
I'd lean more towards Guitar Hero, but Rock Band was a lot of fun too. The guitar controller for Guitar Hero was way better designed than the Rock Band controller though. The buttons and the strum bar in particular were way to mushy on the Rock Band guitar.

Agree. I broke the guitar control for Rockband brand new after an hour. Rockband 2 guitar lasted about two hours. I haven't had an issue with my wired Guitar Hero 2 control ever.

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:29 am »
I'd lean more towards Guitar Hero, but Rock Band was a lot of fun too. The guitar controller for Guitar Hero was way better designed than the Rock Band controller though. The buttons and the strum bar in particular were way to mushy on the Rock Band guitar.

Agree. I broke the guitar control for Rockband brand new after an hour. Rockband 2 guitar lasted about two hours. I haven't had an issue with my wired Guitar Hero 2 control ever.

Hated Rock band controllers.  I bought the bundle Rock Band at launch, very excited for it, and from the moment I picked it up, I knew it was a piece of utter garbage lol  Flismy, cheap, uggh it was so terrible.

pikalink91

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 02:10:08 pm »
Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix ^_^

Not only does KHII improve on everything that made KH1 great, but it adds a bucket load of new functions and goodies, has beautiful graphics that still hasn't aged for a game released in 2005, better controls, and I would be here all day if I were to list it all xD

And if that wasn't enough, Final Mix II adds even more extra content........... like............. what more can you ask for??? 8D

BBowles

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 07:39:29 pm »
Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix ^_^

Not only does KHII improve on everything that made KH1 great, but it adds a bucket load of new functions and goodies, has beautiful graphics that still hasn't aged for a game released in 2005, better controls, and I would be here all day if I were to list it all xD

And if that wasn't enough, Final Mix II adds even more extra content........... like............. what more can you ask for??? 8D

While not my favorite game, I did love KH2 and I'm looking forward to the hd release in December on PS3. The combat was phenomenal, especially compared to the rigid combat in the first game. KH2 took all the fluidity of a game like God of War and added it to an amazing world (plus, I could make Donald and Goofy disappear in order to make myself more powerful).

As far as number 1 game of all time...that's a tough one honestly. I know my top 5, and I'm sure no one will be surprised by the list (well, maybe one of them).

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Last of Us

I imagine it is pretty unoriginal, but I would probably have to say Final Fantasy VII as my number 1. While FFX is a very close 2nd, I don't know if I'd be as avid a gamer as I am now if I hadn't experienced FFVII when I did. It is the reason I love gaming and rpgs. I'm not going to pretend its perfect, but it will always hold a special place to me.

That being said, I'd like to give honorable mention to the .hack franchise. <3 Definately in my top 5 franchises.

coopcouple

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
I'd have to say one of my favorite games is also Final Fantasy VII.. but as far as the best find in my collection, it would probably have to be Dot Hack: Quarantine.
We're just a couple of game collectors... A collector couple. We've been doing it for a while, so check out our site for game-finding tips and other gaming related goodies. www.coopcouple.com

dreama1

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2014, 09:55:47 pm »
I'd have to say one of my favorite games is also Final Fantasy VII.. but as far as the best find in my collection, it would probably have to be Dot Hack: Quarantine.
Is FF8 any good?

coopcouple

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2014, 12:04:00 pm »
Is FF8 any good?
I personally like FF8. A lot of people don't, and I'm not too sure why. I mean sure, the main character is a bit anti-social, but he pulls it together later. There's enough going on to keep it from being boring. Another thing people didn't really like was the fact that you didn't get money from killing monsters, and that you couldn't really buy weapons, only upgrade them.. but it still works. I like FF7 better than FF8, but I like FF8 better than FF9.
We're just a couple of game collectors... A collector couple. We've been doing it for a while, so check out our site for game-finding tips and other gaming related goodies. www.coopcouple.com

BBowles

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2014, 01:30:44 pm »
Is FF8 any good?
I personally like FF8. A lot of people don't, and I'm not too sure why. I mean sure, the main character is a bit anti-social, but he pulls it together later. There's enough going on to keep it from being boring. Another thing people didn't really like was the fact that you didn't get money from killing monsters, and that you couldn't really buy weapons, only upgrade them.. but it still works. I like FF7 better than FF8, but I like FF8 better than FF9.

The best thing about FF8 is how you can game the leveling system and completely break it :) I actually really enjoyed the story as well, and I would agree it is better than FF9.

On a side note, .hack//quarantine (and the rest of the franchise) is amazing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:32:24 pm by BBowles »

pikalink91

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:00 am »
While not my favorite game, I did love KH2 and I'm looking forward to the hd release in December on PS3. The combat was phenomenal, especially compared to the rigid combat in the first game. KH2 took all the fluidity of a game like God of War and added it to an amazing world (plus, I could make Donald and Goofy disappear in order to make myself more powerful).

As far as number 1 game of all time...that's a tough one honestly. I know my top 5, and I'm sure no one will be surprised by the list (well, maybe one of them).

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Last of Us

I imagine it is pretty unoriginal, but I would probably have to say Final Fantasy VII as my number 1. While FFX is a very close 2nd, I don't know if I'd be as avid a gamer as I am now if I hadn't experienced FFVII when I did. It is the reason I love gaming and rpgs. I'm not going to pretend its perfect, but it will always hold a special place to me.

That being said, I'd like to give honorable mention to the .hack franchise. <3 Definately in my top 5 franchises.

I feel the same way about Kingdom Hearts. I had played quite a few great games prior to it, but Kingdom Hearts was the first time a story had spoken to me, a story with a main character who had an actualy personality and was somewhat relatable. I loved Sora's carefree attitude, though still being serious when need, and above all, his golden heart. He was everything I wanted to be, so I have lived by his example ever since :D

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2014, 04:09:51 am »
Unreal 1 (PC)

I like it when a game fully immerses you in its world and this for me was the first to fully achieve that. I'm no longer playing a game, i'm having an experience; like a vacation from reality. I never get tired of going back to the strange world, reading about the plight of the enslaved natives and the survivors of the crash. The music just adds to the utter absorption.
Plus there are so many mods from people who 'get' what the game is about which extends the experience far beyond the base game's length.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »
Tetris
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 09:01:05 pm »
OCARINA OF TIME!
Colton Kelsey