Author Topic: Your number 1 game of all time?  (Read 9211 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Your number 1 game of all time?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2014, 12:35:24 am »
Morrowind was too copy and paste. I enjoyed the Hell out of it when it came out, it's what made me buy an XBox. But it's hard to go back to now. Not saying Oblivion isn't somewhat guilty of this, either, but not nearly to the degree of Morrowind. And those damn Stilt Striders!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 03:27:36 pm »
I'd be tempted to say Mario Brothers 3 is my all-time favorite games but I would actually say Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for pc is because it has an amazing story, atmosphere, and characters.  The music is fantastic.  It has multiple endings and choosing different bloodlines of vampires really does change the gameplay for each playthrough.  The game has some small flaws and it is very punk and goth so not for everyone but it is a very memorable game and one I always want to go back and play.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

pacpix

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 02:16:43 am »
This answer has changed for me  a couple times over the years, but the game I always go back to is Ocarina of Time. Currently Goat Simulator is at a close second.

Interesting choice for a close second. :P I didn't expect that game to pop up in this thread. While on that topic, I believe that a physical release is planned some time in the future for Goat Simulator. Yaay physical releases. ;D
Yeah I am definitely going to be picking up the physical release.  I fell in love with the game the moment I heard about it, everything about the game is absurd and that is what makes it great.  I have put in 30 hours, but I can always go back and find something new to do.  About a week ago I had an NPC pool party and dragged as many NPCs into the pool as I could and then blew up a car and set them all on fire underwater.  Other times I will go on rescue missions to save people drowning in the river by making platforms in the water with chairs. I also like to see how far I can launch people off of the half pipe ha.  If that is not awesome enough you can unlock a playable shopping cart! 
tl;dr Goat Simulator is awesome
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

tripredacus

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »
Considering playing time, knowledge of the game system, etc (including internal workings) I'd have to say Diablo II.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »
My go-to answer is usually Asteroids.  Its simple, fun and quick to play.

Close 2nd place games would be Castlevania SOTN and Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 4 (wii edition) certainly is in my top 20. :)

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 06:43:54 pm »
SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »
Secret of Mana

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 12:46:40 am »
Considering playing time, knowledge of the game system, etc (including internal workings) I'd have to say Diablo II.

If we are going by time played and understand of the mechanics.... I'd unfortunately have to say World of Warcraft... However there are many more games that I enjoyed playing more than WoW. I'm going to have to say Suikoden or Final Fantasy IX for me.

sin2beta

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 08:03:39 pm »
Phantasy Star (SMS)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dreama1

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »
Phantasy Star (SMS)
Hell yeah! 80s goodness. Love it.

90snostalga

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:57 pm »
Phantasy Star (SMS)

Hey stranger, Sin2beta.  Nice seeing you around the parts lol  ;)  Thought you forgot about us

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:24 pm »
Probably get some crap over this one, but besides FFXI the only game I've played more is Rockband.

Sometimes I just want to hear music and have a beer. It's a bonus that I get to play along with the tunes. It's also the only game my wife will play.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:43 pm »
^ Nothing wrong with that.

I only have a couple Rock Band games, so I haven't gotten into that series, particularly, as much; but I do like the guitar games. I've torn through every Guitar Hero game except Aerosmith (not the biggest Aerosmith fan).

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 11:48:05 pm »
Big into Rock Band and Guitar Hero myself :D I liked Guitar Hero more gameplay wise, but Rock Band generally had the better design with DLC and the RBN.

abe

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2014, 09:40:10 am »
I'd lean more towards Guitar Hero, but Rock Band was a lot of fun too. The guitar controller for Guitar Hero was way better designed than the Rock Band controller though. The buttons and the strum bar in particular were way to mushy on the Rock Band guitar.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)