Author Topic: MetalJesus makes video of game cataloging...  (Read 4500 times)

90snostalga

Re: MetalJesus makes video of game cataloging...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »
I wonder if Metal Jesus actually signed up for this site?  Like, does he have an account?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 12:50:51 pm »
Agree with him and it seemed like he liked this site a lot aside from the fact that you have to be extremely specific when searching for items (damn you THPS games!).

90snostalga

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 01:00:05 pm »
I actually just went and watched the video.  Very nice video.  What's weird tho', is even as a member, I never even noticed how the colon can make a difference on searching games.  Maybe because I would browse by system for the most part, so that was interesting.  Is that true tho', that the games search relies on Amazon????

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 01:04:28 pm »
I wonder if Metal Jesus actually signed up for this site?  Like, does he have an account?

He does, I saw his account name show up in the admin panel a week or so ago.

90snostalga

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 01:10:01 pm »

He does, I saw his account name show up in the admin panel a week or so ago.

That would be cool if he came on the forums and chatted with us and stuff. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »
Yeah, I've mentioned my frustration with the search here, to. I've had to resort to browsing the categories a few times.

I think it would be cool to see MetalJesus interact with us here, too (at least on this thread). But I imagine between making his videos, being in a band, and I'd imagine he also has a job like anyone else (he's not exactly an A-lister celeb); he'd be a busy guy.

abe

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 09:53:25 pm »
Yeah, I've mentioned my frustration with the search here, to. I've had to resort to browsing the categories a few times.

I think it would be cool to see MetalJesus interact with us here, too (at least on this thread). But I imagine between making his videos, being in a band, and I'd imagine he also has a job like anyone else (he's not exactly an A-lister celeb); he'd be a busy guy.

Don't forget he needs time for playing video games too. :P It would be cool though if he did take some time to make a few posts here.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 10:16:12 pm »
I just left a response. Kinda long winded, but I invited him back.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 01:16:51 am »
like I commented on his video, this site is the best site out there because of the way it looks (catalog, image for each game etc) and also very user friendly (easy to manage and you can add whatever you want). The cons are when you are browsing with your mobile phone that you need to go page by page to find if the game you have it or not (there isnt option to see the catalog etc). Maybe Im wrong in this but is the only complain that I have, other than that is the best page to keep track your collection :3

spac316

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 03:02:23 am »
I do agree that having to be specific with the titles in the search can be annoying but no big deal. It shows with anything that starts with "The" like THE Legend of Zelda has to be "Legend of Zelda,The" and can be confusing to some people. But again, no big deal.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:41:50 am by spac316 »

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 05:28:10 am »
Actually it was his video that brought me here and im glad it did this site is great :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:45 am »
I just left a response. Kinda long winded, but I invited him back.

Same here. Mentioned my thoughts on the site, mentioned the correction on where we get our database info on, and invited him to join us on the forum.

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 01:06:51 pm »
That was a great video still, despite the mistake. Glad that he took time to talk about VG Collect, you deserve it, guys!

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 01:41:35 pm »
I found this site through him. :)

Same here. Always looked for a useful and good looking website/database - aaand with a nice community ;D
The database doesn't really contains all the games that I primarily collect (all sorts of mid europe pal games) but since the submission of new entries is so easy to use, that not really a problem.
Nice website and forums - thanks for the hint MetalJesus 8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:17 pm »
"The only thing that you *don't* want 'em saying about you is...nothing"
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"