Author Topic: VGCollect Steam group  (Read 8847 times)

madmax

Re: VGCollect Steam group
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 10:45:31 am »

scott

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 01:24:02 pm »
GAH when did kirby become a staffer D:

Your confusion is priceless.

Ya I was going to move it, but apparently I haven't got access to do that for the staff posts. But, ya I got a kick out of this.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:39 pm »
I saw that @desocietas was a member when I loaded up Steam for some sales. So I joined without your precious forums! Bwa ha ha!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:06 pm »
Joined. Not that I'm on all that often, but...

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »
ka-bump for any new forum folks.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »
Steam summer sale for folks who don't know yet...

Dear Esther is on sale for $2.49 right now, $3.74 with soundtrack.

It's won a lot of acclaim... guess I should get it?  Should I get the soundtrack, too?  Foxhack, I'm lookin' at you 'cause I'm not sure if anyone else owns it.

What else are people buyin'?  What're you hoping will go down in price?

And what will the badges get us this time around (hopefully something)?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »
Dear Esther is on sale for $2.49 right now, $3.74 with soundtrack.

It's won a lot of acclaim... guess I should get it?

Dear Esther is a game where you walk around a set path and look at stuff. Not terribly interesting IMO.

As for the rest of the summer sale, so far I picked up Portal 2 for 5$, The Witcher for 2$ and Total War: Shogun 2 for 7$. I don't really go crazy on Steam sales... unlike one of my friends who just bought everything he wanted right away, instead of waiting for them to pop up in the daily deals... basically wasting, like, 50 extra dollars in the process.

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »
Dear Esther is a game where you walk around a set path and look at stuff. Not terribly interesting IMO.

That's what I thought when it first came out but all these reviews were touting it as this amazing experience...  Maybe I'll just shuck the $3 just to find out with the craze is all about, or maybe I'll see if it goes down to a lower price in the next year or so.

As for the rest of the summer sale, so far I picked up Portal 2 for 5$, The Witcher for 2$ and Total War: Shogun 2 for 7$. I don't really go crazy on Steam sales... unlike one of my friends who just bought everything he wanted right away, instead of waiting for them to pop up in the daily deals... basically wasting, like, 50 extra dollars in the process.

Great price for all of those.  That's the great thing about Steam - even if things are half off for a few days during one part of the year, if I'm not anxious to play it yet, I know it'll eventually drop down even more later on... I've gotten some good stuff for about 90% off in previous big sales.  This summer sale is kinda meh for me in some respects, but I did pick up Trine 2 while it was under $4.  And that drop to $30 for Skyrim was pretty good.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 07:32:40 pm »
That's what I thought when it first came out but all these reviews were touting it as this amazing experience...

I kinda see it as reviewers feeling compelled to marvel at "Art Games" for no reason other than them being "Art Games", no matter how boring they are.  Basically, "See? Games are art!". I tend to find that strange due to games already being art, by definition, so there's no need for "Art Games" that have no actual gameplay... But that's just me :P

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »
That's what I thought when it first came out but all these reviews were touting it as this amazing experience...

I kinda see it as reviewers feeling compelled to marvel at "Art Games" for no reason other than them being "Art Games", no matter how boring they are.  Basically, "See? Games are art!". I tend to find that strange due to games already being art, by definition, so there's no need for "Art Games" that have no actual gameplay... But that's just me :P

Yeah, games are already art... Myst didn't have a narrator - it had puzzles to solve.  Thus a "game."  I'll let you know if I buy it and decide that the hype was unnecessary  ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 08:27:13 pm »
Myst wasn't a game, it was a screensaver. :P

Dear Esther is interesting, but it's not worth ten bucks. I tried it but got really sick of how slowly the guy walks. It's terribly pretty, though. I just wish we could purchase the soundtrack -without the game-... as I already own the game.

The composer has it for sale, but for five pounds. :|
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:29:39 pm by foxhack »

soera

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »
I just downloaded Steam today. What do I need to do? I dont know anything about it but Ive been really wanting to get some of the Ys games.

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21:13 am »
I just downloaded Steam today. What do I need to do? I dont know anything about it but Ive been really wanting to get some of the Ys games.

You buy a game from 'em, install it, and *poof*, you've got yourself some gamin' to do.

Check on the store front page for the current deals - they're always changing.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »
Pretty much that, yeah. :)

Just... feel free to weep for your wallet. :p

soera

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »
All right, I joined the group!