Author Topic: Games everyone loves but you hate?  (Read 8986 times)

90snostalga

Re: Games everyone loves but you hate?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »
Everything with Pokémons ;D
and all (J)RPGs with sooo sooo bruuutal slooowww *zzz-chrrr* stooory telling and ultra-yeah-hip-cool-styler-characters where I can't tell if it's a girl, dude or an alien 8) (16-Bit JRPGs not included, I love those :D)

and DOTA

I agree.

Pokémon. All versions.

:'( :'(

scott

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »
Minecraft.

I've tried it, multiple times, and I just can't get into it. I tried creation mode and survival mode and just ended up turning it off in annoyance. I think it's pretty much the closest thing I've got for hating a game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »
Minecraft.

I've tried it, multiple times, and I just can't get into it. I tried creation mode and survival mode and just ended up turning it off in annoyance. I think it's pretty much the closest thing I've got for hating a game.

Same here. I get bored very easily in that game. And graphics are weird. I get what they're going for, this retro-style. But it looks even more basic than old PS1 and Saturn 3D games.

scott

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 02:21:58 pm »
Thats part of the problem. I can't handle the first gen 3D graphics much anymore. I rarely crack open my PS1, Saturn or N64 3d games much lately.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:05 pm »
Thats part of the problem. I can't handle the first gen 3D graphics much anymore. I rarely crack open my PS1, Saturn or N64 3d games much lately.

I play PS1 and Saturn games, ALL THE TIME. But Minecraft is worse. It's something that would have been on 3DO, or maybe even 32X or Sega CD (albeit with less textures, probably).

dreama1

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »
Minecraft.

Same here. I get bored very easily in that game. And graphics are weird. I get what they're going for, this retro-style. But it looks even more basic than old PS1 and Saturn 3D games.
I agree I don't see what the big deal is either.  It's funny people slag off retro game graphics then go play minecraft afterwards.

pikalink91

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:10 pm »
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

This seems to be many fans' favorite, and from what I understand it is due to its open-world nature and how explorative it is. But to me, having to sail around for what feels like an eternity, with nothing but blue as far as the eye can see, having to whip out the Wind Waker every single time I wanna change direction, and when I finally find land (that is not plot important, you know, exploration), it is often a little baby island with no interest. And no, the Warp Tornados doesn't make it less tedious to travel around.
On the contrary, I love Phanton Hourglass, because there is less map to sail around in, and the fact that you have a steamboat this time, requiring no constant stop-ups when needing to change direction, all you need is draw a line^_^

On top of that, I would have like having to go through dungeons in order to earn the Triforce pieces, but instead they made it into a mere treasure hunt.

These days the fan fight of which game is overrated, lies between Majora and Ocarina, but to me, both games are great and has done equally much for the franchise to deserve their praise. So while fans are bickering between those two, I stand over here and dislike the game that everyone else agrees is a masterpiece xD

I am not terribly fond of A Link to the Past either, but I freakin' love A Link Between Worlds :3

pacpix

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »
I really want to like Wind Waker, but I agree with you on the boat thing.  Every time I try to play the game I just get bored and/or frustrated.  Phantom Hourglass was not as bad, but I still did not enjoy the travelling and did not finish it.  Plus replaying the same parts of the Temple of the Ocean King was annoying.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:52 pm »
The Call of Duty/Battlefield series... Because obvious choice is obvious but seriously I could just never get into the Modern Military shooters.

also some series that I've just grown bored of to the point I'm Hating them are Gears of War, and Assassin's Creed

90snostalga

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »
The Call of Duty/Battlefield series... Because obvious choice is obvious but seriously I could just never get into the Modern Military shooters.

I second this...

BBowles

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »
Assassin's creed series...  It's bad.
Yeah, a lot of people I know constantly rave about how great the series is and how they have every single installment. To be honest, it's not a series I really care about or feeling like getting into after testing a few of them with other people.

As someone who owns all the AC games, buys the collector's editions, and basically has a wall dedicated to it....it's not that great :P It's pretty much the same game each year, and I'll freely admit it. But I enjoy it enough to keep buying it, so fair play to Ubisoft. Of course, that means I can't rag on CoD fans since I do basically the same thing.

I wouldn't say there is any popular games I "hate", but I'll admit something that may revoke my gamer card - I've never beaten a Zelda game >_> Nothing against them, but I just can't seem to stay interested long enough to beat them (in all fairness, I've only played the original, Link's Awakening, and a small part of Twilight Princess).

Also not a big Smash fan. I'd much rather play almost any other fighting game - Ergheiz included.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 09:12:38 pm »
What does "DOTA" stand for?

abe

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »
What does "DOTA" stand for?

Defense of the Ancients
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 10:43:59 pm »
I've never heard of it.

abe

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:03 pm »
I've never heard of it.

I would imaging the Dota being referred to in this thread is Dota 2, the free to play MOBA thing on Steam and developed by Valve. It's pretty popular now, I guess. Though, there isn't likely you'll hear about it if you aren't fairly active in PC gaming. Here's a link to the Wikipedia page if you want more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dota_2

I don't really like Dota either. The Dota community is terrible in general.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)