Author Topic: Games everyone loves but you hate?  (Read 8919 times)

scott

Re: Games everyone loves but you hate?
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 12:51:22 am »
I tried DOTA a few times when it was just a mod for Warcraft III. I pretty much hated it. My cousins on the other hand loved it, and are now pretty hooked on League of Legends... I still don't like it haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 10:01:42 am »
Super Metroid.  I don't truly hate it but I can't see what's so great about it.  I used to own it, but every time I tried to play it, I ended up thinking "ughhhhh...I don't have time for this".  I thought the GBA ones were really fun though.  I also lost interest in the "Metroidvania" Castlevania games around when they started with the DS ones, it's pretty much the same stuff over and over, just milking SOTN.

retroone

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The first Sonic Adventure is WAY better

maximo310

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 10:33:58 pm »
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The first Sonic Adventure is WAY better
Really?! I stick think its a pretty decent game for what it is and what it offers. Still better than Sonic Heroes.

retroone

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2014, 12:27:13 pm »
True but I found Sonic Adventure 2 Battle to very repetitive and difficult. They took the whole "Adventure" aspect away and the Knuckles and Tails levels were a mess.

maximo310

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »
True but I found Sonic Adventure 2 Battle to very repetitive and difficult. They took the whole "Adventure" aspect away and the Knuckles and Tails levels were a mess.
Yeah, I can agree that they pretty much give each character the same designated goal for each mission, and how some of the difficulty is added because the stupid radar system for Knuckles was broken. The only reason I went back to it was to mess around with some glitches in the game, which they mostly patched up in this re-release, since the original allows you to do some major clipping through walls and just break the game.

gomi321

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 09:41:57 am »
I don't hate but I think the Final Fantasy series is highly overrated.
Had a PC and played RPG's on it. Everyone kept raving about FF and how much I would love it. It plays like a simplified pre-EA Ultima game. I was used to games taking forever and the NES FF's I could win in a couple days.
True Story: A friend bet me $50 I couldn't beat the SNES FF game in two days. 46 hours and some change later I took his money.

3DS: 3952-8105-2656 Nintendo Network/Steam/XBox/PSN: gomi321

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 12:52:59 pm »
Had a PC and played RPG's on it. Everyone kept raving about FF and how much I would love it. It plays like a simplified pre-EA Ultima game. I was used to games taking forever and the NES FF's I could win in a couple days.
True Story: A friend bet me $50 I couldn't beat the SNES FF game in two days. 46 hours and some change later I took his money.

I totally agree. There are much better RPGs out there, yet FF is treated as the be-all-end-all of RPGs.

doafan

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »
Assasin's Creed, Call of Duty and BioSchock series  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dreama1

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:04 pm »
Assasin's Creed, Call of Duty and BioSchock series  >:(
What's wrong with bioshock?

doafan

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »
What's wrong with Metroid ?

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dreama1

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »
Which Final fantasy we talking about here? 16 games is alot to hate.

dreama1

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 01:48:48 pm »
No 45 degree aiming with your gun. Too dark no sense of direction confusing maze labyrinth like levels, tedious platforming, horrendous amount of backtracking, annoying enemies that you can't seem to shoot, respawning enemies. Generally not really fun for most picking it up today. I haven't really heard much outside of the rhetoric "I played this game as a kid".
It's graphically impressive, sounding, and  atmospheric. But this does not make a good game, neither does being iconic.

dreama1

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:38 pm »
The treasure hunt mode killed it. If they just stuck to the basics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:53 pm »
No 45 degree aiming with your gun. Too dark no sense of direction confusing maze labyrinth like levels, tedious platforming, horrendous amount of backtracking, annoying enemies that you can't seem to shoot, respawning enemies. Generally not really fun for most picking it up today. I haven't really heard much outside of the rhetoric "I played this game as a kid".
It's graphically impressive, sounding, and  atmospheric. But this does not make a good game, neither does being iconic.

Metroid: Zero Mission fixes that. It overhauls the entire game with Super Metroid-esque controls and graphics.