Author Topic: The Mega Man Series Help  (Read 2332 times)

Re: The Mega Man Series Help
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 01:17:43 am »
Thanks guys for the help.  Just like the SNK compilations, you have helped me get the best console for the Mega Man collection.  PS2 wins and the one option for the DS.  I would love to have these CIB for the NES and SNES because the art work is so cool, but just too much money.  Again, thanks everyone for the feedback on these. 

Oh, and what about the Mega Man 64?  That one apart of the series?

Mega Man 64 or as it's mostly known Mega Man Legends on PS1, isn't a traditional Mega Man game.  It's abit more like a Zelda type action game.  I personally LOVE these games, pretty much more than the original series, but I don't think they are easy to come by.  It looks like they might both be out on the Playstation Network for download if that is good for ya.

maximo310

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 01:49:27 am »
Thanks guys for the help.  Just like the SNK compilations, you have helped me get the best console for the Mega Man collection.  PS2 wins and the one option for the DS.  I would love to have these CIB for the NES and SNES because the art work is so cool, but just too much money.  Again, thanks everyone for the feedback on these. 

Oh, and what about the Mega Man 64?  That one apart of the series?
Mega Man 64 is a conversion from Mega Man Legends 1 on the ps1 and is a part of the Legends series. Its cheaper to get to get the n64 cart than the cib ps1 version, but the n64 version has a degradation of audio/sound quality due to compressed data. I would try to get legends 1 for the ps1 if you're willing to spend a little extra money over the n64 cart.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 01:53:32 am »
Mega Man Legends is a fantastic game if you can appreciate it for what it is, and not compare it to a Mega Man game. Because other than in name, and a few references here and there, it's really an entirely different game.

It's an adventure game with RPG elements. And a very well-made one for the era, at that. It does have the normal controls and camera-angle issue all games from that era have, but otherwise is a blast to play.

I've never played the N64 version, so I can't compare. But I loved the PS1 version.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:06 am »
Mega Man Legends is a fantastic game if you can appreciate it for what it is, and not compare it to a Mega Man game. Because other than in name, and a few references here and there, it's really an entirely different game.

It's an adventure game with RPG elements. And a very well-made one for the era, at that. It does have the normal controls and camera-angle issue all games from that era have, but otherwise is a blast to play.

I've never played the N64 version, so I can't compare. But I loved the PS1 version.

I played both, though I don't remember which one I liked more.  I just really love the games cause they are a 3D action explorer like others at the time which I enjoy much more than I do 2D platformers.

scott

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 08:23:09 am »
They aren't completely incompatible, just on certain games. I used my PS1 controller on plenty of PS2 games before encountering this one.

Interesting. admittedly I only tried it on 1 or 2 games and it said "nope". So I assumed it was a no go and Sony was grubbing for money. It worked too, cause I now have a bunch of DS2s and only a couple DS1s. haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread