Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29193 times)

argyle

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2014, 02:27:16 pm »
So I ran over to Gamestop at lunch to return & rebuy the 3 used games I got last week so I could use 2 of the b2g1 coupons that I had to get some freebies.  For only $21 after tax on top of what I had already spent last week, I got:

(disk only, sadly, but as difficult as it is to find I'll take it anyway)

As a bonus, they had a used copy of Rock Band 3 with a mint insert, so since I knew the guy working there I asked him if I could have the insert to replace the water damaged one in the copy I got a couple weeks ago and he said sure.  :) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2014, 03:42:05 pm »

Mine is disc-only, too, for the same reason.

argyle

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2014, 03:50:44 pm »

Mine is disc-only, too, for the same reason.

Is it just me, or does it seem like people destroy/get rid of the cases & manuals of rare games more often than common ones?  :-\  That same store got in a copy of Godzilla for the Wii but it's in REALLY bad shape (and for $40, I'm not as forgiving as I am at $7...). 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »
A few years ago I sold Goemon's Great Adventure (w/ manual) to my local game store. Today I went back and bought it. <3
I also picked up Conker's Bad Fur Day for 40!

foxhack

« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2014, 04:07:55 pm »
Is it just me, or does it seem like people destroy/get rid of the cases & manuals of rare games more often than common ones?  :-\  That same store got in a copy of Godzilla for the Wii but it's in REALLY bad shape (and for $40, I'm not as forgiving as I am at $7...).

Gamestop is the one that gets rid of the cases and manuals. Stupid corporate policies.

argyle

« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2014, 04:25:49 pm »

Gamestop is the one that gets rid of the cases and manuals. Stupid corporate policies.

All the stores I've been to this year have been keeping PS3/360/Wii cases & manuals except for one, where they had tossed the $4.99 & under PS3 cases & manuals for some weird reason.  ::)  But that wasn't one of my local stores, thankfully.  All the rest have the manuals & cases unless the games weren't traded in with them.  Now DS games, yes, 99% of those are tossed sadly.  :(

foxhack

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2014, 08:49:33 pm »
Aaaaaaaand just got a ton more Borderlands 2 and The Bureau DLC packs thanks to a guy in Brazil. I basically saved three bucks... by trading stuff that cost me $3, to get stuff that's worth $6. XD

So these more or less cost me $2.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2014, 10:21:02 pm »

Both games tops it went to here (hoping to score/save abandoned manuals) said they don't have a company wide policy of ditching manuals. They also added that they wish they could kick the people who toss them in the nuts. :)

More on topic went to the local mom and pop shop today to pick up some items I'd asked him to hold onto for me. This is the same shop I mentioned here:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5242.0.html

NES Manuals:
Batman
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Castlevania
Castlevania III
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Dragon Warrior
Little Nemo the Dream Master
Ducktales (awoooo ooooooh)
Hogan's Alley
Mickey Mousecapade
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pinball Quest
Spy Hunter
Target Renegade
$23

DS Games:
Chrono Trigger CIB with orchestra soundtrack
$25

Original box:
Target Renegade (nes)
Free

PS3 games:
Ratchet and Clank HD collection
$14

Resident Evil Gold (sealed)
$12

Tomb Raider: limited Edition Hardcover Brady Guide (sealed with pendant)
$9

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:24:41 pm by dashv »

argyle

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2014, 11:34:13 pm »
Nice buy on RE5 Gold.  That's actually what I wanted to pick up today from GS instead of Just Cause, but...disk only. :(

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:24 am »
Nice buy on RE5 Gold.  That's actually what I wanted to pick up today from GS instead of Just Cause, but...disk only. :(

He has another one CIB but opened for $12.

I could pick it up tomorrow and send it to you for cost +shipping if you want.

argyle

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2014, 12:15:40 am »

I appreciate it, but I gotta cut back on my excess game spending if I want to be able to keep my Fall preorders.  ;)  There are other copies in the area, I'll find a good deal on one sooner or later.  :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2014, 12:38:07 am »

I appreciate it, but I gotta cut back on my excess game spending if I want to be able to keep my Fall preorders.  ;)  There are other copies in the area, I'll find a good deal on one sooner or later.  :)

No problem. The opened one was what I asked him to hang on to. When I came to pick it up he surprised me with a sealed copy he'd picked up recently from someone doing a trade.

abe

« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2014, 05:08:49 pm »
Over the past week, I've picked up a few games I've been meaning to get for a while.
-Bit.Trip Complete (Wii)
-Castle of Shikigami III (Wii)
-Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
-Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
I'm really looking forward to playing Bit.Trip Complete and SMT Nocturne in particular. That is, once I have the time to play them. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2014, 05:20:05 pm »
Over the past week, I've picked up a few games I've been meaning to get for a while.
-Bit.Trip Complete (Wii)
-Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
I'm really looking forward to playing Bit.Trip Complete and SMT Nocturne in particular. That is, once I have the time to play them. :'(

Nocturne is incredible.  If you've never played it before, you're in for a real treat.  :)

abe

« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:49 pm »
-Bit.Trip Complete (Wii)
-Metal Gear Rising (PS3)

Nocturne is incredible.  If you've never played it before, you're in for a real treat.  :)

I've heard a lot of good things about it, and figured I may as well buy a new copy off of Amazon while they're still reasonably priced. It arrived in the mail today. ;D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)