Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29132 times)

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2014, 06:39:50 pm »
My thrifting today was a success...I found:

Fire Emblem - Gamecube 5$ worth over 70$!!!
Super monkey Ball - gamecube 5$
The Last Story - Wii 5$
Mario super sluggers - wii $9
Final fantasy VII - ps1 $5
Final fantasy X-2 - ps2 $3.99
Dragon quest VIII - ps2 $4.99
Resident evil 4 - ps2 w/ 2 of same disc for $4.99
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion game of year edition - ps3 with two of same disc (one is Australian version) -ps3 $2.50

This is just some of what I have found in the past week...

desocietas

« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2014, 06:41:15 pm »
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I haven't been posting my other purchases to it, but I wanted to share this one!

Went to a local shop that takes donations for teachers and the community - usually paint and fabric and corks and fake flowers and anything else people can use for crafts.  I only found out last year or so that sometimes there are video games, but the last time I dropped in, I only walked out with about 7 or so case-only items that I thought might be useful for case replacements.  I hadn't stopped in for a while, but on the way back from breakfast, I thought I'd show the place to my boyfriend.

We spent a good while in there, taking our time to find any hidden gems amongst the shelf of music CDs and such.

Here's the final haul for $55 and some change:

- Sega Dreamcast (all cables except for the power cable, but we discovered that our PS4 cable works), memory card, two controllers, and NHL2k in the tray
- Playstation 1: Twisted Metal (GH), 007: Tomorrow Never Dies
- Playstation 2: Activision Anthology, Socom 3
- PSP: Crisis Core, Grand Theft Auto, Assassins Creed: Bloodlines
- CD-R: Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos & Frozen Throne , Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, Battle for Middle Earth II, CSI
and some other music/comedy CDs

Almost everything is CIB and in pretty good condition.  Only two or three items might be missing the disc or CD-key, but we were still pretty happy with what we found today.  I've been looking for a black label of Crisis Core to replace my GH, so that was my personal highlight.  The boyfriend made a major find seeing the Dreamcast behind the counter.  We took a risk on the untested console, and he nearly lost it when he was able to get it powered on and playing.

We spotted a cracked Sega Master System (no cables/controllers), too, for $9, but we don't know anything about fixing systems so we decided to pass on that one.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2014, 06:42:57 pm »

The Last Story - Wii 5$
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion game of year edition - ps3 with two of same disc (one is Australian version) -ps3 $2.50

oh man - GREAT finds!  especially that Last Story and Fire Emblem!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:46 pm »

The Last Story - Wii 5$

oh man - GREAT finds!  especially that Last Story and Fire Emblem!

Oh yeah I was freaking out a little when I saw them because the store had them behind the counter and there was a long line so I had to wait to ask for them haha!

I'll probably upload pics later of all my thrift store finds from the past month

« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2014, 06:51:23 pm »
Just happened to be at a Gamestop today for a Ultra Street Fighter 4 tourny, but I came across Chromehounds on the 360 for only a dollar used and had to grab it.  It was one of the earlier 360 games that came out and I remember it being a pretty cool mech game.

argyle

« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »
Bwigdahl, putting a mod chip in your PS1 to make it region free isn't that big of a deal if you have low-moderate skills w/ a soldering iron.

It's a PAL game. It can't be played on an American TV. :P

I could swear I've run PAL PS1 games on my NTSC tv before, but maybe I'm hallucinating.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2014, 07:06:04 pm »
Decided to stop in to a couple gamestops while I was out shopping and came away with two things I'm pretty excited for. I got Cave Story 3D, has case and manual but is missing the slip cover, for $25. I had to jump on that.

At another store I found they were selling Guided Fate Paradox "new" for 20 bucks. Seeing Kenny talk about that game constantly I had to try it out.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2014, 07:33:16 pm »
Bwigdahl, putting a mod chip in your PS1 to make it region free isn't that big of a deal if you have low-moderate skills w/ a soldering iron.

It can if you have a mod chipped ps1.

foxhack

« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2014, 07:56:24 pm »
Almost everything is CIB and in pretty good condition.  Only two or three items might be missing the disc or CD-key, but we were still pretty happy with what we found today.

You can input the Warcraft keys into a Battle.net account to get a download. Blade Runner and CSI don't need keys, not sure about War of the Ring, and Middle Earth 2's key should be printed in the manual.

Nice finds. Jealous on that DC find. :p

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2014, 09:24:46 pm »

I could swear I've run PAL PS1 games on my NTSC tv before, but maybe I'm hallucinating.  :P

I'll burn a PAL ISO this weekend on try it on my mod chipped PS1. I'm pretty sure it's the console that matters not the CD, cart, disc, etc.

But after I was adamant about "fast loading" on the PS3 and dead wrong I no longer trust myself without verification. ;)

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:25 pm »
I got Time Commando (PS1) for two bucks, in great shape.

One of these days I'll update my collection here. :p

I had this game back in the day. Definitely a budget-title. His weird punch-attack is almost like a dance, lol.

I got it last year, don't regret it at all. It's so cheesy that it's good.

90snostalga

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47:56 pm »
I picked up Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PC today at the good will but I'm a little confused.  I was going to add it to my collection on here; however, the listings have the Mature 17+ and the AO (adult only) one.  Mine does not have either one.  It says (18+) on it with no esrb rating????  Can anyone help me classify it?

theflea

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »
Had some nice finds at garage sales and finally got a obscure game console that wasn't over priced.  ;D

3DS
- Angry Birds Star Wars (sealed $10)

PS3
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Collector's Edition

XB360
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($10 sealed)
- Resident Evil 5 ($1)
- College Hoops 2K7 ($1)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ($2)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 ($2)
- Major League Baseball 2K10 ($2)
- NBA 2K10 ($2)

Wii
- Angry Birds Star Wars (sealed $10)
- Onechanbara Bikini Samurai ($2)
- Princess and the Frog ($1)

PSP
- Fantasy Golf Pangya ($2)

NDS
Two Nintendo DS's complete in box (Red and Pink) with 9 games and 2 car chargers for $20
- Zhu Zhu Pets 2 (loose with manual)
- Pinkalicious (loose)
- Hello Kitty Party
- Wizards of Waverly Place: Spellbound
- I Spy Fun House
- Moxie Girlz
- Ni Hao Kai-Ian New Years Celebration
- Petz Fantasy Sunshine Magic
- Tangled
- Petz Rescue Ocean Patrol ($2)
- Bee Movie Game ($2)
- Tony Hawk's Motion ($3 with GBA motion cart)

N64
- Stunt Racer 64 ($1)
- Mario Tennis ($1)
- Ridge Racer 64 ($1)
- Pokemon Stadium 2 ($10)

SNES
- Phalanx ($2)
- Super Castlevania IV ($2)

SFAM
- Parlor! Mini 4 ($1 was left under my seat of my car from 2 weeks ago. lol)

GB/GBC
Picked up a Berry Game Boy Color with 5 GB/GBC games and 2 GG games for $2 (yes all of this was $2)
- Ren & Stimpy: Space Cadet Adventures
- Home Alone 2
- Krusty's Fun House
- Nascar Heat
- Magical Tetris Challenge

GG
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Space Invaders

And last a Sega CDX with all hook ups a 3-button controller and manual for $140.
A fellow collector made me a deal.  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:10:54 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2014, 11:13:38 pm »
I picked up Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for the PC today at the good will but I'm a little confused.  I was going to add it to my collection on here; however, the listings have the Mature 17+ and the AO (adult only) one.  Mine does not have either one.  It says (18+) on it with no esrb rating????  Can anyone help me classify it?

Sounds like you got an European copy, that's a PEGI rating.

And yow at that CDX. :o

90snostalga

« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2014, 12:57:47 am »

Sounds like you got an European copy, that's a PEGI rating.

Thanks Fox.  Im not sure if I should be excited or not.  Weird how a European copy made it to my local goodwill.  I bet theres an interesting story behind that donation.