Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29172 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 10:55:11 pm »
I heard its a hit or miss game and seeing as its the only RPG on the N64, I want to give it a run at least once.
... what.

Paper Mario doesn't count?

That and Aidyn Chronicles: the First Mage

numing

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 08:06:47 am »
Atelier Meruru arrived through the mail this earlier this morning. I'm finally getting somewhere with collecting the Atelier series.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 09:57:51 am »
Walked into a pawn shop today and found Quest 64 cartridge with strat guide for $15. Ive heard of this game but never really played it so I had to give it a shot.

You bought a Nintendo 64 game?  You bought a very bad Nintendo 64 game. I bought it new way back when. Oh the disappointment.

What's wrong with buying a N64 game? It isn't a good game though lol Not terrible, but eh, such a grind fest and don't care for the combat.

He knows my horrible hatred for the N64.

Soera, I have an unnatural love for quest 64. It may be rose tinted glasses, but I thought it was pretty fun back in the day.

I heard its a hit or miss game and seeing as its the only RPG on the N64, I want to give it a run at least once.

At least you're going into it with an open mind.  Hope you like it.

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »
Picked out Super Mario USA and Yume Penguin Monogatari

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:23 pm »

What is Super Mario USA?

argyle

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

What is Super Mario USA?

That's the Japanese name for our Super Mario Bros. 2. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »

What is Super Mario USA?

Ah, would have understood if he said SMB 2 USA.

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »

What is Super Mario USA?

There's SMB2 (aka The Lost Levels), SMB2, then there's Super Mario USA. Three releases, two different games.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:03:00 pm by badATchaos »

jcalder8

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 06:56:19 pm »

What is Super Mario USA?

There's SMB2 (aka The Lost Levels), SMB2, then there's Super Mario USA. Three releases, two different games.
Video games making names complicated since 1992!

Ok it was before 1992 but you get what I mean :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 08:31:41 pm »
So let me get this straight:

Japan released SMB2 (Lost Levels)‚ they also released Doki Doki Panic. Then they slapped Mario characters onto Doki Doki Panic and sent it over here to the States and called it SMB2.

But then someone decided to release the repackaged U.S. version in Japan. So they essentially released the same game twice, on the same console? Wow.

foxhack

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 09:24:39 pm »

Japan released SMB2 (Lost Levels)‚ they also released Doki Doki Panic. Then they slapped Mario characters onto Doki Doki Panic and sent it over here to the States and called it SMB2.

But then someone decided to release the repackaged U.S. version in Japan. So they essentially released the same game twice, on the same console? Wow.

Konami did this too with Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa. FDS first, cart later. :p

But Doki Doki Panic and SMB2 have slightly different gameplay between the two, not to mention the music and improved graphics in SM USA.

argyle

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »
Found out today about these Nintendo figures that Target is selling, so I swung by my store on my way home after work.  Grabbed these 3 for $9/each, plus I found this cool Mario Galaxy puzzle on a clearance endcap for less than $3.  :D

IMG_3996

Monday night I couldn't sleep, so I ended up awake at 3:00am & on CAG (a bad combo :P).  Found out Microsoft was selling some Skylanders for $5/each w/ free shipping, so I ordered 3 and they arrived today:

IMG_3998
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 11:38:56 pm »
Found out today about these Nintendo figures that Target is selling, so I swung by my store on my way home after work.  Grabbed these 3 for $9/each, plus I found this cool Mario Galaxy puzzle on a clearance endcap for less than $3.  :D

IMG_3996

Monday night I couldn't sleep, so I ended up awake at 3:00am & on CAG (a bad combo :P).  Found out Microsoft was selling some Skylanders for $5/each w/ free shipping, so I ordered 3 and they arrived today:

IMG_3998

Man, Target here doesn't have them yet!

jcalder8

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2014, 01:02:33 am »
I hope those Mario figures make it to Target in Canada they look great!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:08:08 am by jcalder8 »

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2014, 02:44:31 am »

Konami did this too with Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa. FDS first, cart later. :p

But Doki Doki Panic and SMB2 have slightly different gameplay between the two, not to mention the music and improved graphics in SM USA.

As Fox said the game isn't quite the same as Doki Doki Panic. Movement, music and some graphics were updated in SMB2(USA)/SMUSA. Panic was on the Disk System which not everyone had and so some consumers might had missed out on. SMUSA was released as a cartridge. (Kinda funny, they did that in a similar fashion with Zelda too. Disk System game brought back as a cartridges a while later.) On the topic of Super Mario USA, here's some nightmare fuel for you. youtube.com/watch?v=8KD-X4ZEMe4
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:47:03 am by badATchaos »